Wenger stands by squad rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said we have, difference is we can buy players in January if needed and have Zhirkov and Benayoun due back sometime in the newyear.

Forgot none of our players are coming back. Ever. oO)

We have Vermaelen coming back in Feb, Cesc was suspended, Gibbs will be back soon to play at LB when needed - what's the point in saying: "Chelsea don't have good strength in depth, but two of our players will be back from injury". We play two very difficult games either side of an easier game against Wigan - A team with Arshavin, Sagna, Chamakh, Diaby, Rosicky, Wilshere (after about 20 minutes) and with Nasri, Walcott on the bench should have beaten Wigan.

they have better strength in depth than chelsea... that team was good enough to beat wigan, the same aerial/set piece problem cost them again, nothing to do with strength in depth. weak argument

This.

Best chance arsenal have in recent years to win league and he messes about with the team.. somehow arsene always seems to mess up and never win anything

The team played should have won easily. **** poor defending and two dubious refereeing decisions cost them, not team selection.

Best chance arsenal have in recent years to win league and he messes about with the team.. somehow arsene always seems to mess up and never win anything

Best chance in recent years to win the league comes down to one game? Are you really that naive? It's not like Utd and Chelsea aren't going to drop points again this season - it's a set-back but it's by no means our best chance to win the league in recent years, we would still be 2 points behind if ManUre win their Game in hand.

your argument is the squad isnt strong enough to be tinkered with, when the reality is, only city have better strength in depth in the league.

City and Spurs i would say but that is it. Not once did i mention Chelsea having a better strengh in depth.

You say their squad isn't good enough, and you just admitted their depth is better than Chelsea's, so if their squad isn't good enough, you just said Chelsea aren't good enough to win the league, an admission like that is unlikely so people infer you meant Chelsea's depth is better.

I believe Chelsea's first 12-13 players are the best 12-13 players in the league when fit. But beyond that its pretty in-expirienced.

City and Spurs i would say but that is it. Not once did i mention Chelsea having a better strengh in depth.

You said it's why Arsenal won't win the league, assuming you think Chelsea can/will - how are you going to do it when we have a better squad than you?

You said it's why Arsenal won't win the league, assuming you think Chelsea can/will - how are you going to do it when we have a better squad than you?

Nailed on head.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

I believe Chelsea's first 12-13 players are the best 12-13 players in the league when fit. But beyond that its pretty in-expirienced.

I remember you saying about your 18 players.

Like i said if need be we might bring some players in next month.

I dont understand Arsene at the moment, his decisions seem to be based on nothing and I hope for our sake that he buys a decent keeper in January. We have Almunia-Old and rubbish and Fabianski-Just rubbish.

Nailed on head.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

I remember you saying about your 18 players.

Well then you remember wrong. i definatly said 12-13 100%. I suppose this will be another one of these things where everyone thinks i said Utd are in "crisis" when i didn't and still hasen't been proven. Trust me i said 12-13 players no more than that.

Best chance in recent years to win the league comes down to one game? Are you really that naive? It's not like Utd and Chelsea aren't going to drop points again this season - it's a set-back but it's by no means our best chance to win the league in recent years, we would still be 2 points behind if ManUre win their Game in hand.

i didnt mean this one game could win you the league i meant this season.. with other teams as incosistant as they are this year arsenal have a genuine chance but i have no confidence in wenger to go all the way till the end of the season.. there's always some excuse about youngsters or tiredness or injuries or other teams playing dirty but when you just beat chelsea and swap 8 players thats surely just stupidity with confidence flowing.. now that confidence aint as high cus they been dropped!

Well then you remember wrong. i definatly said 12-13 100%. I suppose this will be another one of these things where everyone thinks i said Utd are in "crisis" when i didn't and still hasen't been proven. Trust me i said 12-13 players no more than that.

No but if we got results we didn't last season that tells me we have improved and how can you guarrentee we won't do the double over Utd and Arsenal again, and your slating me for being confident!!!

And how the **** you can say Chelsea aren't that good lol, none of the top 4-5 beat each other that easily its always tight affairs but starting 11 we have the best team without a dout and this is why i am not just confident but very confident.

Cech - Easily playing his best football since his head injury
Ivanovic - Right back of the year last season and is one of the best defenders in the league
Cole - Best left back in the world, playing the best football of his carear without a dout
Terry - Looking very confident this season and hasen't put a foot wrong
Alex - Excellent in the air and again hasen't made a mistake this season
Mikel - Like a new player and i would say most improved in the PL this season
Essien - Like a new signing and not even 100% fit yet
Lampard - Hasen't hardly featured this season so what a boost he will be in a few weeks time
Malouda - Joint top scorer in the PL and every week just immense
Anelka - Clubs top scorer this season and just always a good performer
Drogba - Only played 8 games this season and has 6 goals, i dont need to say much else

Subs
Zhirkov - Looks to have settled and in the last 3 games has been our best performer
Bosingwa - Came back from a year out with a Man of the Match performance
McEachran - Slowly proving he can mix it in the top league
Kalou - Looks very sharp this season and fans are even saying he deserves more starts
Ramires - Settled quite well and i have seen very good things from the lad
Ferriera - Excellent back up, very professional and never dissapoints

Thats why i am confident, the only way i won't be confident is if Cech gets injured and then and only then i will start to worry.

You did double against Arsenal ;). And also i didnt quote where you said, Arsenal wont get 4 points off Chelsea. You made that post after Chelsea won against Arsenal. So i guess you meant Arsenal wont get 3 points off Chelsea. Well they did.

And this was the post where you made us to believe Chelsea squad have/had no problems.

You did double against Arsenal. And also i didnt quote where you said, Arsenal wont get 4 points off Chelsea. You made that post after Chelsea won against Arsenal. So i guess you meant Arsenal wont get 3 points off Chelsea. Well they did.

And this was the post where you made us to believe Chelsea squad have/had no problems.

and read what i said in the topline, infact i said the best 11 not 12-13 so it proves nothing but just makes you look more stupid to be fair because not once did i say 18 players.

and read what i said in the topline, infact i said the best 11 not 12-13 so it proves nothing but just makes you look more stupid to be fair because not once did i say 18 players.

You went to explain how your 17 players are good enough, now all you want to say is you only talked about 12-13. Phew..

i didnt mean this one game could win you the league i meant this season.. with other teams as incosistant as they are this year arsenal have a genuine chance but i have no confidence in wenger to go all the way till the end of the season.. there's always some excuse about youngsters or tiredness or injuries or other teams playing dirty but when you just beat chelsea and swap 8 players thats surely just stupidity with confidence flowing.. now that confidence aint as high cus they been dropped!

You said Wenger messes with the squad instead of taking advantage of our best chance in recent years to win the league. No excuses for last night, except that we need to go back to the training ground and learn to defend set-pieces properly, oh and we should have had two penalties...

We swapped 8 players because the 11 that beat Chelsea so comprehensively can't play twice in 48 hours, and three times in 6 days - that's a ridiculous expectation. Wigan are nowhere near as good as Chelsea are, and the team we put out was more than capable of beating them but they didn't play well enough and we were undone by yet another set-piece. They weren't "dropped" they were rested, or in the case of Fabregas, unavailable through suspension.

I never said we have, difference is we can buy players in January if needed and have Zhirkov and Benayoun due back sometime in the newyear.

sorry, forgot your the only team allowed to buy in the transfer window.

You listed your first team and subs bench and appeared to claim they were playing brilliantly and were all capable of fitting into the "best XI in the league", why name 17 players if you're not saying they're the best?

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

sorry, forgot your the only team allowed to buy in the transfer window.

This, and also - we'll have Vermaelen and Gibbs back soon, and with Djourou in good form there's no need to buy - if we do - Gazidis will give Wenger money.

You went to explain how your 17 players are good enough, now all you want to say is you only talked about 12-13. Phew..

And then we lost Terry, Lampard, Alex, Essien, Drogba, Bosingwa and Zhirkov all to injury or illness which bought in alot of youth players. Not once did i say we have the best squad i said the best 11 and when fit the best 12-13 possibly.

I really don't understand the point your trying to make here CJacko.

And then we lost Terry, Lampard, Alex, Essien, Drogba, Bosingwa and Zhirkov all to injury or illness which bought in alot of youth players. Not once did i say we have the best squad i said the best 11 and when fit the best 12-13 possibly.

And when you lost these players - you fell apart. You listed several backup players who you claimed were more than capable of slotting in if needed, like Ferreira, McEachran - who hasn't been given a chance, Ramires - who has been shocking, Kalou - who was awful on Monday and generally doesn't look good enough. In fact, when you do have most of your FT (Drogba, Fat Frank, JT, Cashley, Ivanovic, Malouda, Essien) you still lost to us..

EDIT: You've also gone on numerous times about how good Bruma is/will be and that Chelsea are giving young players a chance this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.