Wenger stands by squad rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arshavin would walk into any PL side is the teams wearn't Man Utd, Man City, Spurs and Chelsea. But they again most of the players in the teams mentioned would get into most PL sides.
I said Arshavin would walk into most sides, he'd definetely be a valuable player for the top 4 too.

straying off the point a bit. at the end of the day wenger is right to stand by the rotation, and most sensible people can see that

Couldn't agree more, I put up a stat yesterday which I'll repeat - 50% of goals conceded this season (for Arsenal) have been from set-pieces...

That's a pretty awful stat. XD

As much as I hate seeing Cjacko get beat in arguments he does appear to say stupid ****.

Sorry, but that is hilarious.

Anyway, CJACKO you seemed to have stuck your foot in your mouth again. Ah well, you'll learn eventually.

Wenger was right to rotate. Most teams would rotate unless they were unable to to great effect (Chelsea) or are just in excellent form (Manchester United). It's interesting to see how every team performs, but Arsenal struggled yesterday to put together a decent performance. They should have won, but they seem to be the kind of side that can't chop and change and get results. All their players need to play regularly to get into a rythm to play well and obviously 8 changes to a side that played means they haven't play recently.

Big points drop but it's not the end of the world.

I get the feeling that Arsene Wenger does not want to win the league, the confidence those players had after beating Chelsea should have carried on unchanged to demolish Wigan.
However it never happened, to many changes killed the momentum.
Arsene Wenger gave Wigan a point last night

I get the feeling that Arsene Wenger does not want to win the league, the confidence those players had after beating Chelsea should have carried on unchanged to demolish Wigan.
However it never happened, to many changes killed the momentum.
Arsene Wenger gave Wigan a point last night

3 games 6 days - Do you really expect the same starting 11 every game with that many games?

8 Changes is dramatic regardless of fixture list

I thought it'd already been established the team played should have won and awful defending and refereeing was the reason Arsenal dropped points.

I think it certainly didn't help making 8 changes, after the Chelsea match Arsenal players said this means nothing unless we win at Wigan.
Then it comes to Wigan and 8 of those players are not playing. the game was very important, you need to pay your strongest side in important games

Wigan are a weaker side (No offence) than Birmingham away and Man City. I'm sure Wenger prefers his players to be fresh for those games.

So Wengers underestimation of Wigan cost Arsenal 2 points that could be vital, I dont see how anyone can defend making 8 changes to a winning team.
Even more frustrating was waiting until 7 minutes are left to try to change the game by bringing Walcott on.
you say that poor ref, set pieces cost the match, I think that if Arsenal had their best 11 out that were full of confidence would have had a bigger goal cushion for those decisions to have not matted

8 changes in an extremly important game. It's not about who you put in, but the fact you rotate nearly the whole team. What did you expect?

Last edited:
And then those players would be well and truly shattered for Birmingham which should be a harder game than Wigan.

Sorry, but that is hilarious.

Anyway, CJACKO you seemed to have stuck your foot in your mouth again. Ah well, you'll learn eventually.

Wenger was right to rotate. Most teams would rotate unless they were unable to to great effect (Chelsea) or are just in excellent form (Manchester United). It's interesting to see how every team performs, but Arsenal struggled yesterday to put together a decent performance. They should have won, but they seem to be the kind of side that can't chop and change and get results. All their players need to play regularly to get into a rythm to play well and obviously 8 changes to a side that played means they haven't play recently.

Big points drop but it's not the end of the world.

again???oh wait, how dare people have a different opinion than the other majority.

again???oh wait, how dare people have a different opinion than the other majority.

Nobody is saying that you can't have a different opinion. But the way you lay your opinions out is wrong and very argumentative. Hence why you get into so many arguments.

True, but look at Barcelona.
A few years a go it was a disaster, they started to work with they own youth and when you have patience the results will come.
You don't buy a team, like Chelsea, You built a team.

I must say that even though i like Arsenal...they just bought a very good talent from Feyenoord, Kyle Ebecilio. He's 16. So that doesn't much prove their own youth is doing that well. I hate the fact big clubs buying 5 potentially good youthplayers in the hope 1 may succeed in the future., not to mention the fact they see them as Home Grown Players. Also Nathan Ake to Chelsea in a rival bid with Man City, only 15 years old :( Those guys should first play here and grow imo.

I blame those kids (/parents) too, taking the big money now and in the end they will have a **** carreer due to not playing.

Some other: Patrick van Aanholt, great talent, doesn;t play. Nacer Barazite, does not play, was loaned out but didn't even get a first pick on a weak dutch team. He would be better if he'd build up his carreer step by step.

Not to mention all other -16 year old talents across europe waiting on that 1 chance.

Thought of another Jeffry Bruma. He plays like **** while he has some much in him to be a future star

Last edited:
Nobody is saying that you can't have a different opinion. But the way you lay your opinions out is wrong and very argumentative. Hence why you get into so many arguments.

Just because i have a difference of opinion dosen't give people the right to put their opinion aggressivly and i bite back and why shouldnt i. I put my opinion accross and if more than 2 people dis-agree every jumps on the bandwaggon and starts following along, makes me think more people may be secretly Welsh insted.

And then those players would be well and truly shattered for Birmingham which should be a harder game than Wigan.

No, Arsenal players have had 2 weeks rest prior to the Xmas/New Year Fixture clutter, they could have played all 3 games with little changes.
Players are capable of playing a couple times a week with out injury providing its not over a extended period of time.

Hasn't Ryan Giggs managed to start the last 2 games ? hes 37 lol

It didn't work for this fixture but rotation can prove to be very vital if you have the squad to do so and can help in the latter stages of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.