Wenger stands by squad rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then we lost Terry, Lampard, Alex, Essien, Drogba, Bosingwa and Zhirkov all to injury or illness which bought in alot of youth players. Not once did i say we have the best squad i said the best 11 and when fit the best 12-13 possibly.

look you cant keep blaiming injurys its a poor excuse, man utd had what 10defenders out at 1 point. every team has injurys its when you get these injurys you find out how good your squad is and your back-up players.

Be serious Jacko.

This you posted when Arsenal supporter was talking about how they struggled because of injuries. Take your stance.

Be serious Jacko.

This you posted when Arsenal supporter was talking about how they struggled because of injuries. Take your stance.

LOL - "It's how you deal with injury setbacks that you find out how good your squad is" - Chelsea's squad must be utter ***** then tbh

Wenger is such a good and influential manager because of his ability to spot young talent and that is what you get from him. Some people like his style, some people hate it

If not for an Own goal then Wengers squad rotation would have been justified. However Wigan are exactley the type of team Arsenal struggle against. They effectively fell out of the title race against them last season. Wigan deserved their point though.

Every manager would like to rotate and rest key players during the crazy busy Christmas period. Only City in this league with enough depth to rest players and still kick **** though... What?... Just saying is all ;)

I really don't understand the point your trying to make here CJacko.

I don't understand why you posted somthing pathetic on my wall the other day.

And when you lost these players - you fell apart. You listed several backup players who you claimed were more than capable of slotting in if needed, like Ferreira, McEachran - who hasn't been given a chance, Ramires - who has been shocking, Kalou - who was awful on Monday and generally doesn't look good enough. In fact, when you do have most of your FT (Drogba, Fat Frank, JT, Cashley, Ivanovic, Malouda, Essien) you still lost to us..

EDIT: You've also gone on numerous times about how good Bruma is/will be and that Chelsea are giving young players a chance this season.

I never said we didn't fall appart???? I said we when all fit have the best 11 in the PL what is hard to understand about that??? Ramires - 1st season in the PL will take time, McEachran - still only 17 enough said, Kalou - Not good enough to start but where did i say he was?? And Bruma had the same surgery Lampard had in the summer thats why he hasen't been given much match time.

Be serious Jacko.

I know what i ment simple as that, you on the other hand like to think you know what i ment to try and make me look like a mug.

If not for an Own goal then Wengers squad rotation would have been justified. However Wigan are exactley the type of team Arsenal struggle against. They effectively fell out of the title race against them last season. Wigan deserved their point though.

Every manager would like to rotate and rest key players during the crazy busy Christmas period. Only City in this league with enough depth to rest players and still kick **** though... What?... Just saying is all ;)

You actually have a good point. Hopefully it won't be the same this year - we struggle at the DW and other away games at the bottom of the league because of set-pieces and the like.

Wenger would be being labelled a genius if his gamble paid off - that's all it is. A gamble, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - Just like things go your way and don't and we should have had two penalties last night, and N'Zogbia dived but that's football. Similarly, when we played Partizan and Fabregas played but got injured, Wenger was criticised but when he came on vs Villa and scored twice - he was praised to the sky for risking him

I don't understand why you posted somthing pathetic on my wall the other day.

I never said we didn't fall appart???? I said we when all fit have the best 11 in the PL what is hard to understand about that??? Ramires - 1st season in the PL will take time, McEachran - still only 17 enough said, Kalou - Not good enough to start but where did i say he was?? And Bruma had the same surgery Lampard had in the summer thats why he hasen't been given much match time.

I know what i ment simple as that, you on the other hand like to think you know what i ment to try and make me look like a mug.

How about reading your own posts first ey?

McEachran - Slowly proving he can mix it in the top league
Kalou - Looks very sharp this season and fans are even saying he deserves more starts
Ramires - Settled quite well and i have seen very good things from the lad
Ferriera - Excellent back up, very professional and never dissapoints

Thats why i am confident, the only way i won't be confident is if Cech gets injured and then and only then i will start to worry.

Also, Wilshere's 18 s being 17 is kinda a moot point tbh - He pwnd your midfield on Mon. It doesn't matter if Kalou is good enough to start in your opinion tbh - it's that he's a good squad player and always looks good.. Why go on about how good Bruma is and how he's going to get a chance if you know he's been injured and so isn't likely to?

Last edited:

Well i didnt make any assumptions. Just quoted your two posts which contradicted. I didn't even add anything.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

, Kalou - Not good enough to start but where did i say he was??

Kalou - Looks very sharp this season and fans are even saying he deserves more starts

See even Joss didn't add anything, he just quoted your 2 posts which contradicted.

Well i didnt make any assumptions. Just quoted your two posts which contradicted. I didn't even add anything.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

See even Joss didn't add anything, he just quoted your 2 posts which contradicted.

This. No one's arguing, we're just saying that you are contradicting yourself and you argue that you're not, despite proof...

As much as I hate seeing Cjacko get beat in arguments he does appear to say stupid ****.

Arsene has a great squad of players at his disposal and he will utilise the options that he has willingly.

You actually have a good point. Hopefully it won't be the same this year - we struggle at the DW and other away games at the bottom of the league because of set-pieces and the like.

Wenger would be being labelled a genius if his gamble paid off - that's all it is. A gamble, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - Just like things go your way and don't and we should have had two penalties last night, and N'Zogbia dived but that's football. Similarly, when we played Partizan and Fabregas played but got injured, Wenger was criticised but when he came on vs Villa and scored twice - he was praised to the sky for risking him

N'zogbia was probably outside of the box too, to be fair.

N'zogbia was probably outside of the box too, to be fair.

Indeed. But that's a moot point - This thread isn't to complain about last night's performance but about whether it was right for Wenger to rest players. :)

How about reading your own posts first ey?

Also, Wilshere's 18 s being 17 is kinda a moot point tbh - He pwnd your midfield on Mon. It doesn't matter if Kalou is good enough to start in your opinion tbh - it's that he's a good squad player and always looks good.. Why go on about how good Bruma is and how he's going to get a chance if you know he's been injured and so isn't likely to?

I fail to see where i have been going on about Bruma so much??? I have proberly said he looks a decent player and i proberly even said i think he will be a Chelsea player in the future but i have never gone on about him as much as you seem to think i have.

Not all young players adapt well to being thrown stright into the first team so, it depends on the lads character.

Indeed. But that's a moot point - This thread isn't to complain about last night's performance but about whether it was right for Wenger to rest players. :)

Well if N'zogbia didn't get a penalty he didn't deserve, and Nasri got his penalty for handball at his free kick, no one would be discussing whether rotation was right. :p It just makes a story for people to put a spin on, set pieces let you down again which have been the bane of the Arsenal side all season.

Well if N'zogbia didn't get a penalty he didn't deserve, and Nasri got his penalty for handball at his free kick, no one would be discussing whether rotation was right. :p It just makes a story for people to put a spin on, set pieces let you down again which have been the bane of the Arsenal side all season.

Couldn't agree more, I put up a stat yesterday which I'll repeat - 50% of goals conceded this season (for Arsenal) have been from set-pieces...

Lol, Jacko what are you talking about??? Our team has good depth, the problem is as somebody stated, the team we put out should have won that match. I mean come on one those changes we made was Arshavin, he'd pretty much walk into most sides in the premiership, so come off it mate.

Lol, Jacko what are you talking about??? Our team has good depth, the problem is as somebody stated, the team we put out should have won that match. I mean come on one those changes we made was Arshavin, he'd pretty much walk into most sides in the premiership, so come off it mate.

Arshavin would walk into any PL side is the teams wearn't Man Utd, Man City, Spurs and Chelsea. But they again most of the players in the teams mentioned would get into most PL sides.

He obviously has his reasons for resting these players and I trust him, he has won us many cups and I am sure he will make us win something soon

Status
Not open for further replies.