West Ham vs Manchester United - Carling Cup Quarter Finals

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 292
  • Views Views 7K
Clearly one bad performance shows a state of a squad billy, Nice logic there mate. Real solid stuff. :S

No, it does show the state of your squad. I've seen many Utd fans on here criticising Chelsea's lack of depth. From this game, it looks as though your own team struggles with that problem too. It clearly wasn't Utd's strongest lineup, but it does show that some of the backups you played tonight are obviously not up to scratch. I'm not doubting the strength of the first team squad, which is very impressive, but with a few of them absent, cracks become very visible.

It isen't a great Utd squad simple as that, i agree that our squad isen't as good as last season but i personly think this is one of the worst Utd squads in years.

It isen't a great Utd squad simple as that, i agree that our squad isen't as good as last season but i personly think this is one of the worst Utd squads in years.

Yet we are still top of the league. I will take that any day of the week thanks.

Yet we are still top of the league. I will take that any day of the week thanks.

Yer i agree and you should take that, but and i think people who understand football would agree that is Chelsea had our big players fit from the start of the season then it would be a different situation but we have to accept that it is how it is.

No, it does show the state of your squad. I've seen many Utd fans on here criticising Chelsea's lack of depth. From this game, it looks as though your own team struggles with that problem too. It clearly wasn't Utd's strongest lineup, but it does show that some of the backups you played tonight are obviously not up to scratch. I'm not doubting the strength of the first team squad, which is very impressive, but with a few of them absent, cracks become very visible.

When we say Chelsea's squad depth is lacking it's because they may have 3 or 4 unproven kids on the bench to be game changers. This is a League Cup game where we were heavy favourites so Fergie played a team strong enough to win it, with some game changers on the bench that are fairly proven and 1 kid (Eikrem). We got battered all over the pitch today, so regardless of who he brought on it made no difference. It shows in games like where we played Villa and he brought on Macheda and Obertan for Hernandez and Berbatov and we fought back from 3-1 to 3-3. Whereas Chelsea are being held by Newcastle and bring on Daniel Sturridge for Obi Mikel.

Yer i agree and you should take that, but and i think people who understand football would agree that is Chelsea had our big players fit from the start of the season then it would be a different situation but we have to accept that it is how it is.
what has chelsea got to do with tonight?

Besides its if, buts and maybes. If you had your players, if rooney was on form, if hargreaves wasnt crocked, if the moon was really made of cheese....

shocking performance tonight, changes or not certain players will need to take a cold hard look at themselves and ask if they are upto the challenge of winning places in the starting 11. right now those players are a long way off

When we say Chelsea's squad depth is lacking it's because they may have 3 or 4 unproven kids on the bench to be game changers. This is a League Cup game where we were heavy favourites so Fergie played a team strong enough to win it, with some game changers on the bench that are fairly proven and 1 kid (Eikrem). We got battered all over the pitch today, so regardless of who he brought on it made no difference. It shows in games like where we played Villa and he brought on Macheda and Obertan for Hernandez and Berbatov and we fought back from 3-1 to 3-3. Whereas Chelsea are being held by Newcastle and bring on Daniel Sturridge for Obi Mikel.

But both Obertan and Macheda are unproven also and yes they may of helped change the game for you in that game but they did nothing today. And Sturridge's start to goal ratio for Chelsea is pretty good, he isen't and shouldnt be a sub game changer.

Because United haven't had injuries this season? It's 1 game in a worthless competition, our squad depth has already been proven, Chelsea's has failed.

Because United haven't had injuries this season? It's 1 game in a worthless competition, our squad depth has already been proven, Chelsea's has failed.

Yer because your players have had a year or more in the PL already with the exception of Hernandez and Bebe. This is our young lads first season in the PL and i wouldn't say it has failed.

dont understand why is always about united and chelsea

only thing we should be talking about how poor united were today, and perhaps more importantly congratulating west ham for a great performance. bossed us all over the place, and 4-0 doesnt flatter them at all

dont understand why is always about united and chelsea

only thing we should be talking about how poor united were today, and perhaps more importantly congratulating west ham for a great performance. bossed us all over the place, and 4-0 doesnt flatter them at all

ye i TOTALLY agree

straight after every game finishes featuring either of you now on this site, i just dont bother looking at the thread because i know it going to be FULL of debate between Chelsea and United

BORED MUCH :S

well done West Ham, lets hope we join you in the next round KRO!!!

Completely agree. Hopefully they go on to win the competition, so we can at least say we lost to the eventual winners :)

Completely agree. Hopefully they go on to win the competition, so we can at least say we lost to the eventual winners :)

How about a compromise... they go onto lose to the might Blues in the final ;)

People insulting giggs cant even call themselves true united fans, hes been one of the best midfielders in the world and is a man utd legend, even I as a city fan have to admire him.

I happened to watch this game for parts and from what i saw evans was shocking, have always thought he is over rated. O Shea was terrible aswell, really bad defender in my opinion and i dont understand how hes still at united.

Good job West Ham, people on Grant's back were stupid, hes a good manager and i know he will turn it around for them.

And CJACKO, please please please stop bringing chelsea into every thread, its so boring now

EDIT: By the way its not just CJACKO, the utd fans are just as bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
People insulting giggs cant even call themselves true united fans, hes been one of the best midfielders in the world and is a man utd legend, even I as a city fan have to admire him.

I wasn't insulting him. Merely stating that he was very poor tonight. Probably the worst player on the park behind Evans tonight. Pretty much all of his passes were misplaced and he didn't look bothered. Maybe his ageing years have finally caught up to him? Hope not, but it wouldn't shock me. He's been going for so long.

Good job West Ham, people on Grant's back were stupid, hes a good manager and i know he will turn it around for them.

Giggs has been amazing the last 15 or so years but it doesn't mean he's immune from any criticism in this game.

As for Grant, it's not stupid to be on his back when you're sitting bottom of the League. I can sympathise with West Ham fans when it comes to Managers. Maybe this result will help kick start there season.

I was at the **** game today, and at HT when the then-2-0 scoreline was flashed up it got the biggest roar of the night.

Couldn't believe this result when I heard about it. Never saw it coming. Although Arsenal are favourites to win the competition now, I still don't see it. Maybe 5 years without silverware has made me a pessimist?

Back