What Game Are You Playing At The Moment?

Great game.
Bought it on release and spent ages absorbed in the story.

Great game.
Bought it on release and spent ages absorbed in the story.

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is also going free on Ubi, think it's December 12th-18th. Almost bought it during Steam sale so I feel a little smug lol

Quick question. Any toughs about this rig for 270 euros? Seems okey, and in future can upgrade that GPU
Will be for my GF so we can play some newer games together like Siege etc.

CPU - Intel i5 2310, s1155
COOLER - Intel stock
MOBO - Intel DH67BL
RAM - 12GB (2x4GB + 2x2GB) DDR3
GPU - Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 OC, 2GB, GDDR5, 256bit (GV-R927OC-GD)
HDD - 1TB, WD "Black" 3.5" SATA
PSU - Chieftec GPA-500S8 500W <- uus, ATF garantiiga
CASE - ATX, Gigabyte Setto 1000 Black

Quick question. Any toughs about this rig for 270 euros? Seems okey, and in future can upgrade that GPU
Will be for my GF so we can play some newer games together like Siege etc.

CPU - Intel i5 2310, s1155
COOLER - Intel stock
MOBO - Intel DH67BL
RAM - 12GB (2x4GB + 2x2GB) DDR3
GPU - Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 OC, 2GB, GDDR5, 256bit (GV-R927OC-GD)
HDD - 1TB, WD "Black" 3.5" SATA
PSU - Chieftec GPA-500S8 500W <- uus, ATF garantiiga
CASE - ATX, Gigabyte Setto 1000 Black

I'd go for a DD4 machine, much more future proof. Prices are going to drop and it's going to be easier to improve later.

They Are Billions - it's only January but GOTY 2018 is already here, boys. This **** is ******* brilliant, get it now.

[video=youtube;QX1rPWPN4DI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1rPWPN4DI[/video]

[video=youtube;DmVx_OMojSY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmVx_OMojSY[/video]

Might want to wait with the purchase until current CPU drama clears up a bit.

Good god that was such an absolute **** storm. Watched it as it unfolded. I have a feeling Intel with their shenanigans are going to take an absolute wallop, especially with what the CEO got up to just before it became public. And then they tried to blanket everything with their competitors too, and now all Apple devices are affected as well. And now there's the incoming legal challenges they're facing. The fact they let this go on for so long is mind boggling, thinking no one would pick up on it at some point. Taking security short cuts to just increase a CPU speed by 5% is absolutely unforgivable and I'm never using Intel. There's simply no trust.

Even though I'm AMD and won't be affected by Meltdown, the Spectre variant is going to be around for a looooong time. I'm going to download every software patch that becomes available until this is resolved, regardless of how long it takes. I'd rather take a performance hit in games than be vulnerable to a security exploit.

Good god that was such an absolute **** storm. Watched it as it unfolded. I have a feeling Intel with their shenanigans are going to take an absolute wallop, especially with what the CEO got up to just before it became public. And then they tried to blanket everything with their competitors too, and now all Apple devices are affected as well. And now there's the incoming legal challenges they're facing. The fact they let this go on for so long is mind boggling, thinking no one would pick up on it at some point. Taking security short cuts to just increase a CPU speed by 5% is absolutely unforgivable and I'm never using Intel. There's simply no trust.

Even though I'm AMD and won't be affected by Meltdown, the Spectre variant is going to be around for a looooong time. I'm going to download every software patch that becomes available until this is resolved, regardless of how long it takes. I'd rather take a performance hit in games than be vulnerable to a security exploit.

Yup. Thankfully those early reports about massive performance hit seem to be hugely exaggerated, so at least there's that. Most likely it shouldn't impact gaming and home use that much, only the servers and **** like that will be significantly impacted. But it's still early days and I think I'd wait at least couple of weeks before buying a new machine, just to be sure. Especially since the whole industry has been lying through their teeth about this whole thing.

And yeah, Intel had always been scum, but at least they've been reliable scum. They were overpriced, used a lot of shady tactics, but their stuff usually worked without problems. Used to always buy Intel if I could afford it, but now like you say, don't know who to trust anymore.

I went for Intel in first like since Celeron with 2 cores came out. Jeez, 10 years or so. I've bought my PC two years ago and I think it might be a good time to change it soon. Will go with AMD as per usual.

Good thing about the current sales-picking up Witcher 3 Game of the Year for £14. Couple years late in getting it but holy **** what a bargain-and I've only just started playing it.

Also, I'm really ******* ****** of with Paradox. Remember how HoI4 came out and we all talked how it's a disappointing launch but eventually through DLCs it will grow to be this ultimate WW2 strategy?. Well guess what, nope. It's been like 20 months, there's been 2 DLCs, out of that one was wank. That's ******* it. I don't even remember when was the last major patch.

They still make some updates and supposedly work on another DLC, but it's pretty obvious at this point that most developers were moved to other project and it's basically some unpaid interns and probably a janitor working on that ****.

Sigh. I guess you can't trust any video game company anymore.

So this seems like a cool game to follow. Basically it's X-com but set in a Cold-War era spy theme. Looks neat, no launch date yet but coming out this year.

6faefa3dc95ce68a4621d9a416ef48d1f0e4d1e5dce8e348dd  87700f700d1737.jpg

fc057e17af8ec91ffe85a6a10bd8b144b6a6a4bfbf42adf37a  6de99d99cc188b.jpg

[video=youtube;UFUuZiFYTDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFUuZiFYTDo[/video]

Loving the new AC game. The world is one of the amazing I have ever played. I have finished history/archeology in university so I am really digging the ancient Egypt thing. Hope Ubisoft can keep this direction with world building and hire some story writers who can make their games GOTY. Maybe even start a new IP, with these kind of open world and graphics.

[video=youtube;Cc-5dPy5ovg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc-5dPy5ovg[/video]

Anyone got a Switch?

Been playing Steam World Dig 2 that i bought in the sale for around 11 quid.

Really good, probably played 7 hours so far which is quite a lot for me!

Improved on the first, think its better without the randomly generated maps

I'm never using Intel. There's simply no trust.

What multinational can you trust? Just look at the exploits of most car manufacturers.

I'm running several systems in my lan room. An i5-6500, i5-6600k, a Kaby i5-7400, a Ryzen 7 1700 and an aul FX-6300.
The Intel chips **** all over the AMD ones in every aspect. Particularly gaming.

Well I installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Holy **** was that a mistake. It completely wrecked my graphics. I could not make a single thing out whatsoever. Thankfully was able to revert back to previous version. So pro tip-don't risk it. Some people are stuck in the end less boot loop, some people have lost access to the boot drive....it's a complete fk up of an update.

WP Microsoft. You outdid yourselves. What a train wreck of an update and OS.

Did it on 5 desktops and 2 laptops.
No issues.