I'll buy exactly who I need for the right price. I won't go overboard with the spending but if I badly need a player I will perhaps pay over the odds.

this game is near on impossible to play at the current patch level! whatever tactic u use and whatever players u use, the opposition always seem to score and it makes it such a frustrating game to play. i see alot of people bragging about their tactics and that, but i just cant see how these tactics bring success, becoz most of them are s**t.

roll on patch 11.3.0 comin out as the game is an utter waste of space at the moment, going back to play fm2010 in the meantime!

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

Buy anyone i can ( Normally for a ridiculously high price ) Transfer budget normally gone within a few days of the new season ... Not to mention the players i buy always struggle ! ( Except leigh griffiths, he was pretty good if i may so myself ! )
Pull out a few impressive wins
Lose most games
Seem to hardly ever draw
Use the park the plane tactic... But very much like the 4-2-3-1 formation using a tresiquartitia (sp?)
If im winning in second half play contain and DEFEND
If losing go overload and ATTACK
:) Im really **** ... But i try :)

I will agree with you about Leigh Griffiths, whats the cheapest you have signed him for?

Well, I suppose i'm a kind manager. I don't bash the team when we don't play well or fine them. I usually use the 'sympathise' team talk if a result doesn't go our way. I also don't fine players when they get a red card, however when a player misses training then a fine must be handed out. I just hate that!

Regarding transfers, I've only played 3 seasons so far of the game and my average transfers per season is around 10. However i'm sure that will change soon once I get my beloved Bury in the Premiership. I feel you need to change the team every season to gain consecutive promotions.

I also bring in my own backroom staff when I take over a club.

I hate playing 'ugly' football. I play a 4-3-3 wingers formation (like arsenal) where all my players are technically good. I have attacking full backs also.

I prefer Counter-Attacking football
Heavily biased towards the english.
I out manoevre Fergie in all of our games ;)
Tend to be stingy with funding.
Hard on the team if they suck.
I win.
ALOT.

On my current Hearts save (about to start fourth season) I've probably been a more responsible manager than I ever have while playing Football Manager before. Financial control at a club where your aim is success in europe is quite difficult when you get so little investment, so I've always made at least twice as much from selling as I have from bringing players in. Made a conscious decision recently to get quality on a free regardless of whether it'll fit my current formation, as even if they fail I'll get some money out of them. Will post my current squad...

View attachment 138575

Last edited:
I'm just starting my third season as the great AC Milan, in that time i have won 2 serie a titles a champions league and coppa italia trophy.

im media shy asd i allow my assistant Mauro Tassoti to handle all my press conferences i may rarely make nice comments about a player if its someone i look to sign.

i scout a player atleast three times using my best scout before making any decision.

i use my most senior experienced players to tutor my young up n coming talent for example i used pirlo, gattuso and ammbrosini to tutor fossati and verrati.

nesta to tutor my young potential defenders and abbiati to do the same with keepers.

i used ibrahimovic to tutor lukaku.

i scout heavily using my top scouts to scout for players who are no older than 18.

i have a youth side full of promising talent.

i only pay lavish fees if its a player i desperately need for example i spent €18.75m on dezeko as he replace robinho!

also i bought moussa sissoko for €16.75m as he will be longterm DM replacement.

i went up to €34m for hamsik but napoli wanted crazy €48.95m

i advised all my senior players ie ambrosini pirlo gattuso nesta abbiati etc to become coaches and do their courses straightaway!, i retained nesta as a coach and look to do the same with the others mentioned above!.

the club is in a healthy position with turnover at €58.5m euro in the balance sheet