I focus a lot on youth development. I try to rely on my youth team players and teenage signings. When they get good, I try to sell them for a really high fee. Sometimes I sign old players on free transfers though, especially CB's. I try to operate on an extremely tight budget. On my long-term Sporting CP save I spent my budget in the first season or two but after that spent hardly anything and sold lots of players...by the end I had like 50 million in my transfer kitty. I'm a good motivator and spend a lot of time on team talks. I also like to try out interesting formations and always give my players lots of creative freedom. Not the best tactician though. All in all I'd say I'm a decent manager but not great, I can get a decent amount of success on a very tight budget. I'm sort of a poor man's Wenger I guess.

I always buy alot of depth for my team while getting rid of most of the over 30 players unless they are clearly needed. I also like to loan out most of my young indexed players but only if they are playing first team football.

Playing style I usually go with is a 4-1-3-2 which is very good both defensively and attacking. I usually loan the fullbacks as lower league ones usually don't have the speed to play thy position and free agents are important. Although most of my transfer money is always spent on attacking players

I'm the sort of manager who is **** and resigns when his team lose a game.

I always manage in England, i always only sign English Playersm only sign under 23, my current vauxhall sides average age is 19, i prefer young players as they will last longer and will improve even more over time given first team football, and my tactic is the basic 4-4-2 as i like to play it old school

as manager of cardiff i have no budget and a low wage to play with.
I used lfc Marshalls update so i have the new players that we have brought in.
I tend to buy one free transffer who is Jose goncalves and just look for a killer tactic to blend my squad :)

I don't usually overhaul a team and I always look for bargains and it's even better, obviously, if I get free good players. I always make sure that in the first season my tactic fits the personnel that I have but at the start of the second season, I start looking for players that fit my tactic.

I look for talented young bargains. Youngsters who I know can make the first team either instantly or in a few years. I love developing youth but, however, in my Celtic save there's only one real promising talent in 7 years.

Tactically speaking, full on attack, no matter who I'm facing. Whether it's Queen's Park or Real Madrid. I never go on the defensive. When we lose in a rival match, I am always angry with my team, because we have a team which is capable of beating them.

With players, I am harsh. If a player steps out of line and refuses to meet me in the middle, then I do threaten them with the transfer list. I instantly fine them for red cards rather than appeal now and, if they get unhappy about it, I tell them straight up that they deserve the fine.

All this together has seen me be in the Quarter Finals of European Competition 3 times, which is an achievement for Celtic.

I always invest in youth it is very rare I will ever buy a player over 25 or even keep a player past 30 unless he is a keeper.

I sign a lot of youth players and only keep the ones that look like they will be successful, usually 20 youngsters a season.

I like to sign big names, or just go with the squad I have, I tried doing stuff with the youngsters but I failed badly, just not my type.

My football philosophy is " Score more then you concede "

I play a fluid, fast football, takes major risks and sometime flops badly.

I usually play 4-2-4 and 4-2-3-1, or just a 4-5-1

I sometimes use the offside tactic to stop the tempo of my opponent, but that sometimes fails when you don't have the right players.

My team plays through the middle, alot of through balls= alot of goals for me, if I have a decent playmaker of-course.

I also play my keeper a sweeper keeper sometimes, I play him that way so I can prevent my opponents counter attacks or just stop their wide balls

Last edited:
I love buying youngsters, and watching them develop. I usually introduce them to the 1st team at age 18-19. I almost never spend more than 40 million euros on a player.
Cheers.

Players:

I tend to spend big in my first three seasons at the club, this sets me up for the future and pretty much gurantees long term success, I always look to sign youngsters, Some particular players I enjoy signing are neymar, Dzeko, Lukaku, Babacar, Dodo, Rannochia. Once dominating my league I will use my reputation to steal youth from other clubs on the cheap and use a range of scouts and coaches to find and develop youths/regens into my new fresh squad.

In later years pay attention to regen dates for all countries and scout thoroughly to keep up your early year successes. Don't be put off if one save goes wrong, stick to your principles and it will come good, being a football manager means coming through bad-times aswell as good.

I tend to buy what the club needs, rather than the club wants.

I also usually buy players I have heard of or have played against in the game, almost my own knowledge rather than plucking out randomers that I've never heard of. I try and be faithful to the country I'm playing in too, such as mainly English players for an English team, French players in French team etc.

And I never go over the top, I won't go above the means of the club. For example, I played as Reading, got promoted, but wouldn't buy anyone for too much and my max wage was £13,000. We did go down on the very last game in the season, but I also made sure we didn't turn into financial ruin and that we also had players capable of staying to get us promoted again.

I tend to purchase players based on what I know and I always use scout reports when signing a player. I only sign 1 or 2 senior players then spend the left over on improving my youth academy

depends what level im at as my tactic requires certain types of players which the lower leagues dont typically have i overhaul most of the squad and by the best players i can get, if im at a champ side and even some league 1 sides often they have "decent" players so i build on what i have.

overall i try to sign the best and youngest players hate signing 30+ year olds you have them for about a season maybe 2 then the decline starts

Youth and regens all the way... It's cheap, and if it's works, it's really satisfying!

Well, I always like to sign good players that are not playing for top clubs of Europe: Vidal, Loic Remy ... etc Also like to have State of the Art Youth facilities and develop my own players.

Overhaul the sqaud completely, basically sell entire squad to make money for new squad, counter attacking football, works well most of the time.