I'm brilliant with transfer policy, good with motivation, but at the moment I'm still struggling slightly with tactics on the new FM. Doesn't help they've made wing play impossible.

i always save and load when i start losing too many matches. i always use scout utilities. i always download tactics from forums. all in all, i am a ****** manager who only enjoys winning.

I'm the type of manager that does a lot of brilliant signings each and every season(thanks to Genie).

I dislike big money signings. and very sensible with wages and will do my best to get the lowest wages possible for when signing players (probably why I save my game before any contract negotiation, just incase it goes **** up).
I dislike loan signings too, which is why lower league management puts me off a bit.
I'm a bit **** tactics wise, so I use pretty much any decent downloadable tactic there may be.
I tend to go for players who have a high potential attribute, but also have a decently high current attribute (example, 2.5 - 3.5* CA, 4 - 5* PA).
Also, I avoid the media as much as possible, but will call the media when I want to sign a wonderkid regen and such.
I give my players a lot of praise, ask for any advice on signings, staff recommendations, and always look into getting players to tutor one of the younger great prospects.

Phew, could write a novel. :D

I am only in my first season but i generally tend to look for good players that are not being used like wright phillips from city and players like that but at the moment im a team with no money what so ever which leaves me with buying players on free transfer

I like to play counter attacking football. I usually build the team from basically scratch. New staff etc etc. Like to bring in young players and send them out on loan for the season. Never really spend big, only on Jack Rodwell :p

Tactically:
My philosophy is: "If I have the ball my opponent can't score".

I like to dominate possession, probe the ball round in search of an opening before putting a Killer-through ball to my poacher or a cross to my target man, I often set my philosophy to fluid, and strategy to control, I use wingers and an advanced playmaker.

The wide Diamond:
-----------------GK----------------
DL------DC---------DC-------DR
----------------DM----------------
ML-----------------------------MR
---------------AM-----------------
--------ST-----------ST---------

I use lots of triangles to keep possession, my wingers move into channels and my fullbacks push forward, the wingers are set crossing to mixed, run with ball to sometimes and t-balls to often.m The AM is given lots of freedom, run with ball often, t-balls often, run from deep sometimes and provides the strikers. Fullbacks are also encouraged to cross alott

I'm also trying to use a classic 4-4-2 diamond...what are your player instructions? How do you get the triangulation? What do you do against teams that are better than you and/or when you're on the road?

Im pretty much like the no-nonsense type...when i take over a club, i take a complete over-haul of the club from top to bottom(will sack the chairman if i could if they werent any good)haha.. first i look at the current staff members and if a they arent more than 3 stars minimum i offer mutual termination(mostly with mid-table clubs, cuz i most certainly never start a save with a top 4 side, anywhere i go! so will get the desired staff members in and i pay particular attention to my assistant manager, i always go for ones that are good tactically, good motivators, high level of descipline and a certain amount of player potential/ability judgement.

then onto the playing squad..players over the age of 30 almost dont have a future with me, unless they are exceptional players or a goalkeeper, even then i will be planning to replace them by the end of the season. i normally buy players that fit into my system, got this system that i created back in fm08 and i've being revising it up to date and it works magical for me. i like good team players, high work rate is a bonus as i depend a lot on team work for my tactics to work.. i play with two inside forwards/wingers(i.e left footed on the right and right footed on the left) and ask my full backs to *** forward at any opportunity.

I like my forwards mobile, dont really play targetman kinda attackers cuz i like the front four to be absolutely fluent in their moves. i use position swapings so at any given time any of the inside forwards and the striker could be playing anywhere in those positions.

my defending policy is kinda simple, its like a diamond in is own way, i use my keepers as sweepers, so i like keepers with pace(neuer classic example)...so its like

SK
CB CB
DM
i depend on those four to do most of the defending, and especially the DM to cut out any counter attacking moves by the opponent (fellaini is my fav for that job mostly)

set-pieces positional play are important to me and i pay a lot of attention to both defending and attacking cuz they sometimes are the difference between a win and a draw. my CB's normally get me 10-15 goals a season between them, which is not a bad return.

signings? i usually go for a trusted blend of mine, about 4 in that group...then let my scouts loose to bring me the best out there under the age of 25.

i also spend a lot of time talking to my staff and players alike and build a good relationship over time, but im with the notion that no player is bigger than the club, so if a player is unhappy...first is a conversation to convince them that they are at the right club, if all goes well and they stay after that fine, but if they insist on moving, i get as much as i can and move them on as simple as!

all in all..i will say im an alright type of manager, i wouldnt know the kind that i will compare myself to in real life as i tend to pick bits from the best in the game!

Last edited:
I always play a passing game, no matter what league or team and will always try and score good goals. The only thing I change in leagues or whatever is the amount of times I cross/use wings. At a high level club I use 2 or more strikers with the wingers being further forward but in the lower leagues I use wings more and try and play a passing game but directly.

As for transfers, I dont really have any sort of policy. I look at my transfer budget and my squad and see what needs improving. So say I have £20m and I need a ST, CB and a backup CM I'd put 16m on ST and CB and then 4m for the backup player.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Oh, and at the start I will use leftover transfer budget to buy good youngsters.

Usually: sign players to long contracts when they're young, improve them and have them as bargains for a few years. I like to stockpile youth, make a big name acquisition or two, and sit with what i have for as long as its working.

On the other hand, I'm now doing the LLM BSBN->Premier challenge, so since at the lower levels especially players who are stars at one level are mediocre at best a level up, i sign everyone to 2 year max contracts, extend if they're REALLY good, and completely revamp the roster every season. ATM, after 3.5 seasons, I've bought 96 players, and sold/released 96. I've also had the most goals scored every single year, going on the mentality that as long as I score more than you I still win(*).

I'm not just any manager...

I'm a Football manager

I'm average...

Basic tactics, but I usually rush into signings that are not very well thought out. I also try to build up a good scouting knowledge around the world, but if i don't get instant promotion i end up doing worse in the next season.

I buy big players but at good fees expect hulk over paid for him at £37 million but got coentrao for £5 million, poli for £9 million, asenjo for £6 million and robben for free (at age 29 not when he was 35 or something). Iv'e tried youth player but only found a handful of decent prospects, the likes of phil jones, Daniel Kofi Agyei and this brazillian regen who is like the next hulk (got him off flamengo age 19 for 925 k but he already had 18 finishing, first touch, 15 technique, pace, accel, decent heading, 16 dribbling but still needs a few years work to be good enough

Id like to think im average!
Prefer to sign players for the future so usually younger players i sign also scout a lot of regions like to have good scouting knowledge. I myself can rush into transfers at times and pay over the odds but ive started to use my scouts more extensively now. Tactics wise i am not great but like to try new things like to take the arsenal approach to the game nice controlled passing keeping possesion throughout matches it what i enjoy and usually break down a team later in games! All in all ive been pretty successful thus far in fm 2011 currently in my rangers save playing some great footy im addicted!

First 2 seasons I splashed the cash (as well as selling players) so that my team is strong then I start buying/developing youth players some I sell once I can make profit others I keep. Works for me constantly winning silver and always got something like 65mil in my budget which is funny since I am playing Everton and they are not doing so good in real life.

I also have a bias for english youth but just like reallife english players are priced at exaggerated values

I play 4-4-2, with proper wingers, get the ball wide, cross... Big ugly beasts at the back, overlapping fullbacks, prefer my side to play on the ground, GK throwing the ball out, lots of triangles and movement. Attractive football, goals... and no, I don't mind my defenders picking up the odd booking, better that than let the blighter get past!

I rarely, if ever, spend over £1m on a player. I scour lower leagues, Scotland, Ireland... trying always to stick to domestic is best. I will deviate from that if there's a cheap Dutch gem I discover. Two players for every position, and prefer to have players who're flexible enough to swap positions if necessary.

Never have less than 4 british players in your starting line up

1. I basically always play in the English leagues and therefore i have a rule where i will only sign players who speak English.

2. Another one i have is that whenever i sign a player they need to have relatively high determination, workrate and teamwork relative to the league i am in.

3. Also tactics wise i always have two strikers even if i just get promoted to a higher division. I have never liked playing with a lone striker.

4. Also love signing Australian players although it is usually hard to get wp's

I tend to make around 5 or 6 signings during the summer. Mainly to fill gaps in my side. One of these may be a young player, for example at the start of my game for liverpool I made four signings and one of them was Filip Djuricic who is only 18.

When it comes around to January I may only make one major transfer and the rest of the signings are likely to be top notch prospects for the future if I have any transfer money remaining. It's kinda bad on my finances, but I will probably spend the whole of my budget over the course of the season.

I'm not afraid of making free transfer signings though during the summer if good players come available and the same sort of cycle will happen again.

Buy anyone i can ( Normally for a ridiculously high price ) Transfer budget normally gone within a few days of the new season ... Not to mention the players i buy always struggle ! ( Except leigh griffiths, he was pretty good if i may so myself ! )
Pull out a few impressive wins
Lose most games
Seem to hardly ever draw
Use the park the plane tactic... But very much like the 4-2-3-1 formation using a tresiquartitia (sp?)
If im winning in second half play contain and DEFEND
If losing go overload and ATTACK
:) Im really **** ... But i try :)