What Roles and Duties Best suit my players?

hi Im Port Vale and Id like to know wots best for Marc Richards and Justin Richards In a 442 formation thanks

Its not you mate, its an annoying thing about FM11 that all strikers seem to miss golden chances. For what its worth, id play him as an advanced or deep lying forward

Tried advanced, it worked fairly well in the beginning of the season but he quickly started to become inconsistent. Havent tried deep lying since i have Berba in that role and he does it well enough.

Anyway, i have tried Rooney as a Complete Striker-Attack since i posted and that has actually worked so far: Four goals in the last two matches. Although not sure if thats gonna last.

Could it be a good idea to ask him to place his shots?

Last edited:
I play with 2 wingers a and striker.

I am everton currently have Bilendiov (excuse spelling), Alexi Sanchez, Guiliano (young brazilian), Gueye
and Affaly on his way in jan as my wingers. What are the best roles for them please?

I am sorry if this is in the wrong thread. This isnt a request for what duties players should have, rather I was wondering what people think the best duty partnership is up front? I.e. target man and poacher, advanced forward and defensive forward etc.

Sergio Agüero ST 1 Striker.
Poacher
Advanced FW
Complete FW
Deep Lying FW
Target Man
Trequartista
Defensive FW

What do you think ?

Sergio Agüero ST 1 Striker.
Poacher
Advanced FW
Complete FW
Deep Lying FW
Target Man
Trequartista
Defensive FW

What do you think ?
Poacher or Trequarista are his best positions, however he can play well as a Complete Forward and an Advanced Forward... :)

Which role to Yakubo alone in attack?

The two bests for SMF or Wingers to play with him and which roles for them:

Donovan
Gueye
Osman
Bilyaletdinov

Hi all,
1st post. Trying to bring the glory days back to Sampdoria. Playing an attacking 4-4-2, fluid, short passing with wingers up. Just wondering what roles to play pazzini and cassano as my strikers; playing Cassano deep-lying forward attack and Pazzini complete forward attack and not having much joy. Or maybe I should play Cassano behind Pazzini? Any ideas? thanks

Anyone?

- Agbonlahor
- Downing
- Young
- Petrov
- Ireland

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi all first post since getting fm11 so far so good neway playing as man utd in first season friendlys at min winning but not scorin as many goals as hoped for, I'm playing a 4-2-1-2-1 really two holding mids one attacking centre mid a more advanced left winger then Rooney just behind striker as a amcr and finally a lone striker my first team is below:

Gk: van der sar/fiorilla
Dl:evra/dodo/mattock
Dc:Ferdinand/Munoz
Dc:vidic/smalling/Evans
Dr:rafael
Dmc:carrick/fletcher
Dmc:defour/Hargreaves
Amc:Modric/scholes
Amcr:Rooney/marilungo
Wgl:nani
St:neymar/berbatov

The first player is my first choice...just would like some help with the roles as this is the first time iv proper got into the game borrowed 2010 off my mate to see if I fancied gettin this one and I was hooked!!!! Also am I right in playing Rooney deep or will I gain more from playing him right on the front line????

Sorry for the long one but thanks alot guys

Craig

4-1-3-2

clichy
sagna
defour
fabregas
neymar
arshavin
van persie
chamakh

better play neymar winger or forward ??

cheers

Somebody, help me pls:

Higuain, Di Maria, Cr. Ronaldo (winger)

Somebody, help me pls:

Higuain, Di Maria, Cr. Ronaldo (winger)

Higuain - Poacher or Deep Lying forward attack
Di Maria - Inside Forward attack
Ronaldo - Inside Forward attack

or both have them as Wingers - Attack (change PI (wideplay) to "cut inside")

better play neymar winger or forward ??
Neymar = Poacher (nothing more nothing less) :wub:

Dirk Kuyt - as a striker
Raul Mereiles
Fernando Torres
Steven Gerrard - as AMC
Joe Cole - as MC or AMC

Dirk Kuyt - as a striker
Raul Mereiles
Fernando Torres
Steven Gerrard - as AMC
Joe Cole - as MC or AMC
Kuyt - Deep Lying forward - attack
Raul Mereiles - Box to Box or maybe Deep Lying Playmaker
Fernando Torres - Advanced Forward - or Poacher
Gerrard - Advanced Playmaker - Support
Cole - Advanced Playmaker - Attack or Attacking Mid

Thanks Raikan

Last 2 players pls:

Pedro Leon (AMR)
Marcelo (AML)

Hopefully you have heard of him,
Cristian Fabbiani..?
I found him last year, plays for CFR Cluj, was on loan at River I think...

is his flair and strength still like 20?

he is a good Target Man and a good Advanced Forward