What Roles and Duties Best suit my players?

what are the best role for Torres and Gerrard?
Torres is a lone striker and Gerrard is playing just behind in the AMC position

What should I do with Mario Balotelli?

Play him first :)

AML/AMR - Inside foward - attack or ST - Poacher

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

what are the best role for Torres and Gerrard?
Torres is a lone striker and Gerrard is playing just behind in the AMC position

El Niño - ST - Complete Foward or Poacher

Steven Gerrard - AMC - Advanced playmaker or trequartista

the thing with low strength wingers is that they get marked too easily by opponent players.So the trick is to tell them to move into channels and to play a simple passing game....not to dribble too much....even though they have good dribbling.......

Hi all,
1st post. Trying to bring the glory days back to Sampdoria. Playing an attacking 4-4-2, fluid, short passing with wingers up. Just wondering what roles to play pazzini and cassano as my strikers; playing Cassano deep-lying forward attack and Pazzini complete forward attack and not having much joy. Or maybe I should play Cassano behind Pazzini? Any ideas? thanks

Cant really get Suarez to work with Lukaku, Got Lukaku as a Target man and Suarez as Poacher with him but he's always trailing behind.

i play lone striker, pavlyuchenko, or other big muscular.
is set to target man or adv forward is ok..?
he's not scoring much...!!! :S

P. Neville
Baines
Heitinga
Distin
Jagielka
Fellaine
Rodwell
Cahill
Arteta
Donavan
Bilyaletdinov
Saha
Yakubo
Vaughan
Beckfort
Gueye
Hibbert

P. Neville
Baines
Heitinga
Distin
Jagielka
Fellaine
Rodwell
Cahill
Arteta
Donavan
Bilyaletdinov
Saha
Yakubo
Vaughan
Beckfort
Gueye
Hibbert

Are you asking to set the tactic for you? :p

Getting really frustrated with Rooney now. He scores at best once every 3rd match nomatter what role i put him in.

To make it worse: In some of the matches where he dont score he has several clearcut chances alone with the GK and yet manages to miss. And last but not least, he has missed 3/3 penaltys.

Any tips on how to get him to work?

Last edited:
Getting really frustrated with Rooney now. He scores at best once every 3rd match nomatter what role i put him in.

To make it worse: In some of the matches where he dont score he has several clearcut chances alone with the GK and yet manages to miss. And last but not least, he has missed 3/3 penaltys.

Any tips on how to get him to work?

Its not you mate, its an annoying thing about FM11 that all strikers seem to miss golden chances. For what its worth, id play him as an advanced or deep lying forward