What Roles and Duties suit my player?

Struggling to get the best out of Rooney. Any tips? The AI says 'Target man - attack', but then again it says that about Welbeck too... Tried it anyway and didn't get anywhere, tried Advanced Forward and DLF - Support. Still no joy... -.-

Struggling to get the best out of Rooney. Any tips? The AI says 'Target man - attack', but then again it says that about Welbeck too... Tried it anyway and didn't get anywhere, tried Advanced Forward and DLF - Support. Still no joy... -.-

Deep-Lying Forward - Attack, Or Trequartista - Attack. Make sure in the player instructions you set his creative freedom high, dribbling and long shots sometimes and passing style a little under direct and due to his creativity and decisions he'll do the rest for you. Would strongly suggest playing him with a Poacher along side him, Welbeck or Hernandes would be perfect.

Hope this helps.

Just started with southampton and playing a flat 442 and need roles for my cm's that will do enough going forward to support my wingers and strikers but not leave my defence over exposed i was thinking cork cm support and bressan if i get him deep lying playmaker support, what do you think?

Play both Center Mids as Box-to-Box and then just alter player instructions. Have one with normal mentality closing down whole pitch and tackling hard, the other Mentality slightly defensive, closing down own half, tackling normal with maybe high creative freedom.

Hope this helps.

I'm Playing 2nd season with OM with a 4-1-3-2 tactic and I was wondering how should I role my midfield and forwards to get most out of them. How many players should I have on scoring-, playmaking-/supporting- , defending-role. Now I have STL - adv fwd, STR - dl fwd-support, MCL - cm-att, MC - bwm-support, MCR - ad pm-support, DM anchor.

It just seems that only guy scoring is my adv fwd and only guy assisting (if we don't count corners and throws) is ad pm (who isn't set as playmaker either).
Any suggestions to make my attack more surprising and versatile?

Last edited:
Mbaye Niang,Carlos Vela and Alberto Paloschi Please :)

- Andile Jali can be good at Deep Playmaker ???
- Marco Verratti which best role for him (Advance Playmaker or Attack Mid or Deep Playmaker)
I'm setting up my tactics for Monchengladback (4-1-4-1) with Nordtveit and Neustabuer are good at DM, so I need your advice for my tranfers. Many thanks !

Jordan Ayew and Alberto Paloschi Both of them lack goals Help !!!!

Jay Rodriguez, John Fleck and Marc Albrighton pls. im using 451 :) thanks!

Last edited:
I'm using a 4231 with wingers with newcastle but wanting to change the wingers to inside forwards. im needing roles for my 2 centre midfielders (Cabaye/Bressan and K Asamoah/Tiote) and attacking midfielder centre (Ben Arfa). In my wingers 4231 i had the 2 cm's as deep lying support and ball winner defend but my deep lying playmaker wasn't really getting into the game, my amc was attacking midfielder attack and doing alright but nothing spectacular. Also what sort of tactical changes should i make to make sure changing from wingers to inside forwards is effective? Cheers.

Whats a good role to play for Aguero upfront in a 4-5-1 formation?

View attachment 217170

I am using 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 system without wingers, so with a LAMC, AMC and RAMC and playing with Ajax.I use Theo Jansen as Playmaker before the defence and bought Paulo Machado as a substitute and replacementif Jansen gets to old. But on the Central Midfielder position the only thing Machado does is getting Yellow cards (7 in 10 games) andnow I tried him on the Left Central Attacking Midfielder position and he gets a few assist and no yellow cards.I think this is strange since he is a natural MC and as and AMC he is not really on his position.I will add a screenshot tonight.Btw I don't play hard tackle football. The tackles are on the lowest possible in my Team Instructions. Or is this alsoinvolved by the player setup before the game, which my assistant makes?Any suggestions what to do with this player. Should I maybe train him to get him natural AMC? Or should I do something else that he will play better as a Center Midfielder.

Last edited:
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->papiss demba cisse<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

papiss demba cisse how do I use this fella please

Tom Cairney in a flat 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3. Can't seem to get him going. Any PPM's?

I have recently bought cavani as alot of people keep saying hes a goal machine.What is the best way to play him?

Jay Rodriguez, John Fleck and Marc Albrighton pls. im using 451 :) thanks!

Jay Rodriguez - Target Man - Attack
John Fleck - Winger (Left Cut In) - Support
Marc Albrighton - Winger / Wide Midfielder - Attack