What Roles and Duties suit my player?

I'm playing with 4-5-1 and i need a role for Rooney as a lone striker - i use him as AF

I'm playing with 4-5-1 and i need a role for Rooney as a lone striker - i use him as AF

I don't really think Rooney is suited to the lone forward role. But you could use him as an advanced forward like you are right now or a complete forward too. But in my experience, if it's a lone striker up front, poachers usually do the best job.

ganso = not sure with Ganso, has I have never brought him
lucas maura= Advanced Playermaker - support
cabaye= I use him has a bog stanard LCM with support role
tiote = Ball winning midfielder - defence

Edin Dzeko - Complete Forward or Poacher?
Mario Balotelli - Complete forward or Poacher?

Edin Dzeko - Complete Forward or Poacher?
Mario Balotelli - Complete forward or Poacher?

I would have thought Edin Dzeko would be best as a target man. And Balotelli would be a good poacher.

Andrea Bertolacci
im also asking because i dont know on which training to put him on

Nuri Sahin, it says DLP but he hasn't performed well for me. I was thinking either B2B or BWM?

Any suggestion on how i can play wilshere in the AMC position.
Would he do better as a trequartista or as AD Playmaker?

Rare occassion where I need a tip. Started an Everton save (seperate one for a bit of fun to see what it's like to have money lol), and I've got the players in that we got IRL (Naismith, Mirallas) , and then I got Guiseppe Rossi for a bonus. But....after 9 games he hasn't scored 1 goal, and has never got a higher match rating than 6.9.

I've tried using a 4-5-1 and used him as a poacher and treq.....no joy. 4-4-1-1 where tried a Treq up front, and an AMC behind Mirallas....no joy. 4-4-2 up front where Mirallas is a poacher and Rossi is Treq, 4-3-3 the same. It's really annoying as ****. I've watched every single match (including friendlies) all the way, made little tweaks here and there but absolutely nothing is working at all. Not treq, not targetman, poacher or anything. I also pass to feet during the matches as for some reason our crossing is absolute pants. It's not making me lose games, as everyone else scoring goals and i'm sitting top of the prem as a result.

But have i wasted £35 million on him and should buy someone else? Or is there something very obvious I'm missing? Should I try AF or just keep persisting/

Rare occassion where I need a tip. Started an Everton save (seperate one for a bit of fun to see what it's like to have money lol), and I've got the players in that we got IRL (Naismith, Mirallas) , and then I got Guiseppe Rossi for a bonus. But....after 9 games he hasn't scored 1 goal, and has never got a higher match rating than 6.9.

I've tried using a 4-5-1 and used him as a poacher and treq.....no joy. 4-4-1-1 where tried a Treq up front, and an AMC behind Mirallas....no joy. 4-4-2 up front where Mirallas is a poacher and Rossi is Treq, 4-3-3 the same. It's really annoying as ****. I've watched every single match (including friendlies) all the way, made little tweaks here and there but absolutely nothing is working at all. Not treq, not targetman, poacher or anything. I also pass to feet during the matches as for some reason our crossing is absolute pants. It's not making me lose games, as everyone else scoring goals and i'm sitting top of the prem as a result.

But have i wasted £35 million on him and should buy someone else? Or is there something very obvious I'm missing? Should I try AF or just keep persisting/

hahha Ajt, seeing what its like to have no money.. :p Rossi for £35m

Retrain Fellaini to striker, use as TM! hold up ball, ball to head! make Rossi AMC - Ap - Attack or IF - Attack but run with ball sometimes, are you using IF's?? if so, Fellaini will hold up the ball, wait for support from outwide while having the option to play back to the playmaker (set Rossi) who can then look at dictating the game from there!

same goes for Jelavic, try that and see if it works...

--------------st---------------
if----------amc--------------if
----------cm---cm---------
lb--------cb--cb----------rb
-----------gk------------

play direct, mixed, attacking/balanced

Retrain Fellaini to striker, use as TM! hold up ball, ball to head! make Rossi AMC - Ap - Attack or IF - Attack but run with ball sometimes, are you using IF's?? if so, Fellaini will hold up the ball, wait for support from outwide while having the option to play back to the playmaker (set Rossi) who can then look at dictating the game from there!

Nice tips there. Hadn't thought of using IF's, as I'm using pienaar and dempsey as APM's out wide and they cut inside. Didn't occur to me to retrain Fellaini as I'm using him as anchor in front of the back four. I've never used IF's which is why it never occured to me. Will give it a shot. I already use the mixed passing + attacking strategy + short passing with quick tempo, along with run at defence and hassle opponents, but the rest.....didn't cross my elderly mind lol

Cheers dude

Thought I'd give an update-will try not to be dull about it.

Instructed Fellaini to hold up ball-paid dividends, though told Jagielka to do likewise aswell. I tried what you advised on the next match with regards to Rossi, though he slightly improved still no go, and Jelavic continued his attempt at being absolute pants (now 5.4 avge rating). Just finished match against Swansea. Told Fellaini to do same, this time I put Mirallas as an attacking playmaker out wide-cut inside and gave him maximum freedom for creativity, same for Pienaar on the left (dropping Dempsey). Used Darron Gibson as BWM defend with reduced pitch coverage, and put Tim Cahill on CM attack duty-told CM players to cut through balls. Used Rossi as AF and TM. However, I didn't use a specific playmaker, and reduced pitch coverage for all players as I also noticed some being caught out of position and having to foul players to break up play. The passing was also a lot more crisper with a much higher completion. Result?

3-1 win, with Rossi getting two goals (and one hitting crossbar), getting highest rating so far of 8.8 and MoM. Also increase of CCC's from average of 3 to 8, along with 23 other chances, and total of 5 hitting woodwork. Also Mirallas had highest ever pass completion of 98%, and team average of 85+% which I've never had. And when we struggled to score the winning goal, switched to 4-1-1-3-1 (with an offset anchor), run at defence and it wrecked absolute havoc.

Thought I'd give an update-will try not to be dull about it.

Instructed Fellaini to hold up ball-paid dividends, though told Jagielka to do likewise aswell. I tried what you advised on the next match with regards to Rossi, though he slightly improved still no go, and Jelavic continued his attempt at being absolute pants (now 5.4 avge rating). Just finished match against Swansea. Told Fellaini to do same, this time I put Mirallas as an attacking playmaker out wide-cut inside and gave him maximum freedom for creativity, same for Pienaar on the left (dropping Dempsey). Used Darron Gibson as BWM defend with reduced pitch coverage, and put Tim Cahill on CM attack duty-told CM players to cut through balls. Used Rossi as AF and TM. However, I didn't use a specific playmaker, and reduced pitch coverage for all players as I also noticed some being caught out of position and having to foul players to break up play. The passing was also a lot more crisper with a much higher completion. Result?

3-1 win, with Rossi getting two goals (and one hitting crossbar), getting highest rating so far of 8.8 and MoM. Also increase of CCC's from average of 3 to 8, along with 23 other chances, and total of 5 hitting woodwork. Also Mirallas had highest ever pass completion of 98%, and team average of 85+% which I've never had. And when we struggled to score the winning goal, switched to 4-1-1-3-1 (with an offset anchor), run at defence and it wrecked absolute havoc.

so it worked? :)

so it worked? :)

some bits yeah lol. Getting Fellaini to hold up the ball paid dividends along with Jags, as it gave the pacey players a chance to bomb forward into attacking positions. But Jelavic just ain't working. But didn't use Rossi as playmaker just AF targetman-and that worked a treat. But apart from that-definately. As a result now 5 points clear top of the prem. good thing is reducing the pitch coverage has saved a lot of stamina. At times had to make subs as early as 68-69th minute.

And I'm not bragging or anything, but the fans hailed me a tactical genius for the 4-1-1-3-1 (offset) formation. Not bragging lol

some bits yeah lol. Getting Fellaini to hold up the ball paid dividends along with Jags, as it gave the pacey players a chance to bomb forward into attacking positions. But Jelavic just ain't working. But didn't use Rossi as playmaker just AF targetman-and that worked a treat. But apart from that-definately. As a result now 5 points clear top of the prem. good thing is reducing the pitch coverage has saved a lot of stamina. At times had to make subs as early as 68-69th minute.

And I'm not bragging or anything, but the fans hailed me a tactical genius for the 4-1-1-3-1 (offset) formation. Not bragging lol

I've played Rossi on maybe 5 or 6 saves in different positions. Here are the combo's I'd advise.

1. Never ever play him as a lone striker.
2. If you have a good TM, then play Rossi as a poacher beside him, that's the best way to get results out of him.
3. If no TM is available, then Rossi will be good as a DLF - Support beside another poacher of AF.
4. If you have a good poacher and TM/DLF, then play Rossi behind those two in the AMC position and set him to Trequartista.

Hope this helps.

Whats the best role for Jordan Henderson? On the wing or in the central of midfield?