What Roles and Duties suit my player?

How important is this? If, for instance, a poacher fits my tactic but my striker is best as a DLF, is it better to play him as a poacher and accept that he won't be as effective but have the role I want, or play him as the DLF and him play better but it not fit my tactic as well as i'd like?

How should I play Jordan Rhodes and Ahmed Soukouna alongside each other?

How should I play jack Cork and rickie lambert and jorden rhodes????

thinking of doing a tottenham save and adebayor is supposed to play best as a poacher. i want to play a poacher with him, probably sell VDV to raise funds. should i play target man?

Hey Raikan,

I intend to play a 4-2-3-1. So far, this is what I have come up with:

----------------------------------Poacher (Lewandowski/Barrios)---------------------------------------

Winger-A (Perisic/Grosskreutz)----Attacking Mid-A (Gotze/Kagawa)----Winger-S (Segolela/Blaszczykowski)

---------------Ball-Winning Mid-D (Kehl/Bender)--Advanced Playmaker-S (Gundogan/Leitner)------------

I am not sure however, if I should change the AMC to an Advanced Playmaker-A and the MCR to CM-Support or keep it the way it is?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but it is concerning roles/duties :)

EDINSON CAVANI , WILLIAN (from SHAKHTAR), ANDREA POLI please :D

GARY HOOPER, ANDY CARROLL AND ALEX OXLADE CHAMBERLAIN PLEASE

Gary Hooper - Poacher or Deep-Lying Forward Support/Attack
Andy Carroll - Target Man - Support/Attack
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Winger - Attack

EDINSON CAVANI , WILLIAN (from SHAKHTAR), ANDREA POLI please :D

Edinson Cavani - Poacher or Target Man - Support/Attack or Deep Lying Forward Support/Attack (He is a very versatile striker so would do well in most roles)

Willian - Inside Forward - Support/Attack or Advanced Playmaker - Support/Attack

Andrea Poli - Deep-Lying Playmaker - Support or Advanced Playmaker - Support/Attack

I gave lots of alternatives because it depends how your tactic is setup as well.

Last edited:
I'm playing John Obi Mikel, in my 4-3-3 in the deep midfield slot, DLP Support or Anchorman? Cheers

Okay guys I am playing an attacking formation that lines up like this (along with the starting XI)
-------- Poacher
AP-S --- AM-A -- IF-A
---- CM-A - BWM-D
FB-S -- CB - CB -- FB-S
---------- GK

Starting XI:

--------------- Lewandowski
Gotze ----------- Kagawa ------- Leitner
---------- Gundogan -- Bender
Schmelzer - Subotic - Hummels - Piszczek
--------------- Weidenfeller

My question is about Kagawa. In 22 games he has 6 goals and 10 assist which is not bad but I feel I could get more out of him. Is their a certain role that has worked well where he acts as a second striker? I have him on the default Attacking Midfield(Attack) settings with long shots turned down since he would waste quite a few opportunities. The main reason I want to perfect this role is because I have Reus coming in next year who has excellent finishing and between him and Kagawa I would like a player who acts as a second striker and could potentially bang in 20 or so goals.

Cheers for any help.