What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

JP Woody

Reaction score
If you're struggling to choose what role or duty best suites certain players then ask in here.So for example,if your not sure weather you should play Messi as a winger or a inside forward,or with an attacking or support role then put your queries here.

Please be concise and to the point,and if possible give a screenshot or description of your formation.

*EDIT

See this thread for descriptions of player roles.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi im using 4-3-3 formation at manchester united.
what role should i give my strikers rooney villa and ibrahimovic
also my midfielders nani valencia and iniesta.

Last edited:
Is that 4-3-3 with a AML and AMR or with 3 strikers?

with 3 strikers the midfield has wingmans as well

Play Ibrahimovic central as a Complete Forward.
Play Rooney as a Deep lying forward.
Play Villa as a poacher.

ok will try it out thanks. their duties all set as attack?
what abt my midfielders?
nani is my left wing and valencia ismy right wing iniesta is my central
what roles should i give thm?

Well your going to be weak in the middle of the park but if its how you want to play id say Iniesta as a Deep lying playmaker, the 2 wide men as wide midfeilders. All should have support dutys.

thats true i guess. do u think it's possible to use a diffrent formation but with the same players above?

I use liverpool, just got veloso for my team. i use 4-2-3-1 deep
what is the best position for him, for mascherano? any suggestion for good inside forward?

I use liverpool, just got veloso for my team. i use 4-2-3-1 deep
what is the best position for him, for mascherano? any suggestion for good inside forward?
Veloso ,Deep lying playmaker or defensive midfielder.

Mascherano i would say would be best as an anchor man.

I would like you expert advise JP

Louis Saha.?

i play man city with a 4 1 2 3 formation. back 4, mainly gabriel milito and toure, then my full backs change depending on whether i want them to defend more or attack, between richards, zabaleta as rb, bridge lukkovic and kolorov(excuse spellings) de rossi as anchorman, barry and fabregas as cm, and adebayor, van persie and robinho as main 3 strikers. but they can change as i also play bellamy, santa cruz, tevez, and occaisionaly jovetic who plays well as striker or winger. would be grateful for as much info and advise as you can give.
cheers
trueblue7979

p.s great work woody, your a diamond;)

Demba Ba is a fast player who would suit from a complete forward role with a possible target man for him to play beside however I do believe he has potential to be a poacher and target man if setting balls to run onto.

I would like you expert advise JP

Louis Saha.?
Well Louis Saha i would play as either an advanced forward or a poacher if he's playing alongside a Target man or complete striker.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

i play man city with a 4 1 2 3 formation. back 4, mainly gabriel milito and toure, then my full backs change depending on whether i want them to defend more or attack, between richards, zabaleta as rb, bridge lukkovic and kolorov(excuse spellings) de rossi as anchorman, barry and fabregas as cm, and adebayor, van persie and robinho as main 3 strikers. but they can change as i also play bellamy, santa cruz, tevez, and occaisionaly jovetic who plays well as striker or winger. would be grateful for as much info and advise as you can give.
cheers
trueblue7979

p.s great work woody, your a diamond;)
Well your not asking much ;)

CB's Both ball playing Centre backs i think is best at top level.
Id play the 2 Fullbacks as fullbacks with a support mentality.
Stick with De Rossi as Anchor,Barry best is suited to a deep lying playmaker and Fabregas as advanced playmaker.
Santa Cruz and Adebayor should be either a target man or Complete forward.Van Persie a deep lying forward. Robinho and Bellamy are Poachers. Tevez a Trequartista.

Clint Dempsey for Fulham, can't figure out what to set him as in CM as he hasn't really got more defensive than attacking stats or vice versa :S Cheers JP for the help

Clint Dempsey for Fulham, can't figure out what to set him as in CM as he hasn't really got more defensive than attacking stats or vice versa :S Cheers JP for the help
Well id play him as a wide midfeilder or an advanced playmaker in his natural AMR position.

That is my preferred line-up, what would you suggest? Also my team instructions are there incase that makes any difference.
Thanks in advance.

That is my preferred line-up, what would you suggest? Also my team instructions are there incase that makes any difference.
Thanks in advance.
Johnson Fullback
Cole Fullback
Terry Stopper
Ferdinand Ball playing centre back
Gerrard Box to box Mf
Lampard Box to box MF
Walcott Winger
Lennon Winger
Rooney Complete Forward or deep lying forward
Defoe Poacher.

What's the best duty to give Eduardo? Playing alongside van Persie.