What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

Johnson Fullback
Cole Fullback
Terry Stopper
Ferdinand Ball playing centre back
Gerrard Box to box Mf
Lampard Box to box MF
Walcott Winger
Lennon Winger
Rooney Complete Forward or deep lying forward
Defoe Poacher.

Thanks alot JP :)

I bought Dzeko to partner torres upfront but it hasnt worked out. Dzeko has been good but Nando hasnt been himself even Lauri Dalla valle has been better than him :D, what would you suggest JP ???

Well id play him as a wide midfeilder or an advanced playmaker in his natural AMR position.
Cheers JP, he just got a hat trick vs Sunderland as an advanced playmaker ^^)

i started a game with Atletico Madrid! What roles should i give to my striker pair?

Forlan
Aguero

Thx

I bought Dzeko to partner torres upfront but it hasnt worked out. Dzeko has been good but Nando hasnt been himself even Lauri Dalla valle has been better than him :D, what would you suggest JP ???
Well you havent give me much info on what your formation your playing but id play Dzeko as a Target man and Torres as a poacher,see if that works.

i started a game with Atletico Madrid! What roles should i give to my striker pair?

Forlan
Aguero

Thx
Aguero Deep lying forward and Forlan as an advanced forward or poacher.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

What position for Smolarek (lone striker)??

Cheers.
A poor choice for lone striker because his strength and heading ability is so poor,so target man is out of the question.Try Complete forward.

Aguero Deep lying forward and Forlan as an advanced forward or poacher.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

A poor choice for lone striker because his strength and heading ability is so poor,so target man is out of the question.Try Complete forward.

He's my best forward and i have 3 attacking mids supporting him, its working well though, 11 goals in 13games..

Well you havent give me much info on what your formation your playing but id play Dzeko as a Target man and Torres as a poacher,see if that works.

im playing a Chelsea-esque 4-1-2-1-2 , Mascherano anchor man. Aquliani Advanced playmaker. Ballack/angel di maria Central Midfielder .. And Gerrard being the Trequartista.

who plays better as ball-winning midfielder (defend)? Nigel de Jong or Sissoko?

i'm playing man utd and i'm kinda struggling :S 1st season i was using a 4-3-1-2 and i ended up 2nd in league... the 2nd season i used a 4-1-4-1 (one DM, 2 MC, 2 Wingers and 1 ST).. and I won the premier and the ECC...

however on my 3rd season i bought players to make the squad stronger (sánchez for winger, camacho for DM and Toulalán as a replacement for Deco).. and i haven't lose , but after 10 prm matches I have 4 wins and 6 draws (against Hull and Stoke at Old Trafford, so... 2 points lost :()...

my squad is like this :

Adler
Demétrio (regen but AWESOME)
Vidic,
Evans,
Evra;
Camacho (DMC, what role should be good 4 him?);
Anderson (MC) (I have also Toulalan, Carrick, Deco and Hargreaves; which pair would u recommend me and which roles 4 each? )
Fletcher (MC) (I have also Toulalan, Carrick, Deco and Hargreaves; which pair would u recommend me and which roles 4 each? )
Sanchez (AMR , I also have valencia)
Jovetic (AML, i can put Sanchez or Rooney)
Dzeko (or Rooney).

thx a looot :) i've been thinking.. do i just need time to make 'em adjust to the EPL or i'm flopping with the tactic? if it worked so well why isn't working well now? :(

Last edited:
Hi, both my CBs need to have the same role? I was wondering which is best role/ duty for Colloccini and Steven Taylor for Toon

Id say Sissoko.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

i'm playing man utd and i'm kinda struggling :S 1st season i was using a 4-3-1-2 and i ended up 2nd in league... the 2nd season i used a 4-1-4-1 (one DM, 2 MC, 2 Wingers and 1 ST).. and I won the premier and the ECC...

however on my 3rd season i bought players to make the squad stronger (sánchez for winger, camacho for DM and Toulalán as a replacement for Deco).. and i haven't lose , but after 10 prm matches I have 4 wins and 6 draws (against Hull and Stoke at Old Trafford, so... 2 points lost :()...

my squad is like this :

Adler
Demétrio (regen but AWESOME)
Vidic,
Evans,
Evra;
Camacho (DMC, what role should be good 4 him?);
Anderson (MC) (I have also Toulalan, Carrick, Deco and Hargreaves; which pair would u recommend me and which roles 4 each? )
Fletcher (MC) (I have also Toulalan, Carrick, Deco and Hargreaves; which pair would u recommend me and which roles 4 each? )
Sanchez (AMR , I also have valencia)
Jovetic (AML, i can put Sanchez or Rooney)
Dzeko (or Rooney).

thx a looot :) i've been thinking.. do i just need time to make 'em adjust to the EPL or i'm flopping with the tactic? if it worked so well why isn't working well now? :(
Im not sure this is a question for this thread. Maybe your team needs to gel and you need to be less impatient and more realistic or the tactic simply isnt as good as you think.

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

Hi, both my CBs need to have the same role? I was wondering which is best role/ duty for Colloccini and Steven Taylor for Toon
No they can play 2 different roles iof you want them to,like one as a stopper and one as a ball playing CB.

Try Taylor as a Stopper and Coloccini as a CB or ball playing CB

I play a 4 5 1 formation with bolton

Fullback; Automatic
CB: Stopper
CB: Cover
Fullback: Automatic
DM: Anchor Man
CM: Central Midfielder (Support)
CM: Advanced Playmaker (Attack)
AMR: Defensive Winger (Attack)
AML Defensive Winger (Attack)
ST: Target Man (support)

I play mark davies as the playmaker but I'm not sure if I should put sean davis or muamba as anchor man, people are saying I should ship off Muamba.

also my strikers are klasnic, kevin davies, and johan elmander, should I have the target man on support or attack?
thanks in advance

Sissoko IMO is better at winning the ball, but his distribution is quite poor, so if you got creative players around him, that problem is solved. De jong has slightly better passing and creative attributes. So if your looking for someone to sit in front of the back4 and decimate opposition's midfield and intercept passes Momo is your man :D .

I play a 4 5 1 formation with bolton

Fullback; Automatic
CB: Stopper
CB: Cover
Fullback: Automatic
DM: Anchor Man
CM: Central Midfielder (Support)
CM: Advanced Playmaker (Attack)
AMR: Defensive Winger (Attack)
AML Defensive Winger (Attack)
ST: Target Man (support)

I play mark davies as the playmaker but I'm not sure if I should put sean davis or muamba as anchor man, people are saying I should ship off Muamba.

also my strikers are klasnic, kevin davies, and johan elmander, should I have the target man on support or attack?
thanks in advance
The anchor man should have good defensive and strength ability's because that's what he's going to be doing,he's basically a defender in midfeild. Muamba would be ideal.

Because your striker is a lone striker i would give him an attack duty,strikers should only be given support mentality's when they have an attack partner like a poacher up front with them.

thanks mate I set to attack for a league cup game and managed to beat chelsea 3-2, although we were a bit lucky :)

I play 4-3-3 with Napoli with 2 MC and 1 DMC. Currently have Veloso, Hamsik and Gourcuff for the three central midfield roles, with Moussa Sissoko, Vukcevic and Busquets as backup. What roles would be the best for them? Thanks.

Hi guys im using jpwoodys 4-2-3-1 which is going great for my liverpool team and have a few midfielders likegrerrard, mouthino,yossi,aquilani,mascherano,kuyt and have bought pato and trained him to play in attacking midfield and suggestions?

At the moment got a selection headache start off with my defence im (liverpool btw) carragher/skrtel or agger/curtis davies wot duty should thye be in or who should i pick ... then i got gerrard and mascherano in midfield.. torres defintaely in my startling 11 but sturrgling to decide whether put BEN ARFA behind torres or SANTA CRUZ partner torres.. ty for the help