What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 382K
basically what roles and duties would make a good 4-2-3-1 formation and how would they differ away from home?

in terms of players i am using west hams squad in 10.3 without mark noble or daniel gabbidon, and i have brought in sandro (internacional 20 yo), bariono, ross wallace, ryan shawcross.

basically i would say my best first 11 would maybe be somthing like (although i dont mind people ignoring the players and just giving me suitable roles and duties to make a good 4-2-3-1 because i usually make my tactic then buy players that fit first):

----------------------green--------------------
behrami--shawcross--upson--ilunga
---------parker--sandro/bariono---------
dyer-----------diamanti---------stanislas < will be replacing
-------------------cole-------------------------

i dont mind if roles given to me involve dm's instead of mc's and vise versa or amc's instead of aml/r and vise versa.

i know this is asking for a lot and i appreciate any help:) thanks

Last edited:
What role should I give to Di Maria, Deco and Salvio in this formation?

di maria - winger - attack
salvio - winger - attack
deco - advanced playmaker - support

Hey all, using formation 4-3-1-2. Mesut Ozil as advance playermaker - Support or Attack?, or attacking midfielder -Support or Attack? Thanks guys for helping out !

Hey all, using formation 4-3-1-2. Mesut Ozil as advance playermaker - Support or Attack?, or attacking midfielder -Support or Attack? Thanks guys for helping out !
advanced playmaker - attack

worked for me pretty well :)

Thanks! What about Keisuke Honda ? Should I play him in CM as advance playmaker support? And Fabregas in CM as box-to-box? Thanks !

Thanks! What about Keisuke Honda ? Should I play him in CM as advance playmaker support? And Fabregas in CM as box-to-box? Thanks !
havent played fm for some time so cant remember honda's stats. XD

nevertheless, fabregas is not suited as a box to box midfielder cos he lacks speed. also, he does not have the good stats for tackling when defending. maybe you might want to play him as an advanced playmaker instead due to his good passing and creativity attributes :)

di maria - winger - attack
salvio - winger - attack
deco - advanced playmaker - support

Thanks! I'm curious though, what's the difference between Winger and Inside Forward?Coz I play them as inside forward..the season only starting so I cant tell whether it works or not but it doesnt look too good at the moment though di maria got lots of assist in first season as inside forward..but in this season he doesnt really make an impact at all..I'll try playing them as winger ^^)

Thanks! I'm curious though, what's the difference between Winger and Inside Forward?Coz I play them as inside forward..the season only starting so I cant tell whether it works or not but it doesnt look too good at the moment though di maria got lots of assist in first season as inside forward..but in this season he doesnt really make an impact at all..I'll try playing them as winger ^^)
inside forwards cut into the middle and try to score whereas wingers tend to dribble to the touchline to cross. good finishing stats are required for inside forwards and thus some wingers who have poor stats would not finish well and squander chances. both require good technic and speed though

eg. players like mirko vucinic and steven jovetic make good inside forwards due to their high finishing and decent composure stats (play them on their weaker sides so they will cut in with their stronger foot) whereas others like mesut ozil and aaron lennon are better played as wingers due to their not so good finishing stats (H)

playing Milan with Ibrahimovich and Pato up front , Ibrahimovich plays as complete forward and not really good at scoring. Any solution to get the best out of him ?

bolton : i have yannick djao, johan elmander and kevin davies - what roles? and also milos krasic and petrov at AMR AML Roles again?

inside forwards cut into the middle and try to score whereas wingers tend to dribble to the touchline to cross. good finishing stats are required for inside forwards and thus some wingers who have poor stats would not finish well and squander chances. both require good technic and speed though

eg. players like mirko vucinic and steven jovetic make good inside forwards due to their high finishing and decent composure stats (play them on their weaker sides so they will cut in with their stronger foot) whereas others like mesut ozil and aaron lennon are better played as wingers due to their not so good finishing stats (H)

Ah now I understand! Thanks so much!

Im playing aguero with rooney

Aguero- Poacher working well
Rooney-Complete Forward Suport not working so well i tried putting his motive as atack but still same performances. This role works well when i play berbatov instead of rooney but wanna play rooney instead obviously :p
Got rooney as my target man to feet
What role for rooney? dont wanna change agueros role
Also should i have aguero as target man instead?

Back