What roles & duties are best for my players?

i use 3 Defenders, what duty i have to use ??
BPDx-BPDc-BPDx or BPDx-BPDd-BPDx

whats the best role for my players, if their duty :
1. Forward who try to find space between the centre-backs. up against opposition Defender. He was essentially being used as a blocker, someone to force back defender and give space to Trequartista
2. "Jordi Alba as something of a left-sided centre-back. He barely got forward to push Kevin-Prince Boateng back – instead he stayed in position and proved very useful as a defender"
3. "Daniel Alves was pushed extremely high, more as a right-winger getting back than a right-back pushing forward."

thanks before :)

1. Forward who try to find space between the centre-backs. up against opposition Defender. He was essentially being used as a blocker, someone to force back defender and give space to Trequartista
2. "Jordi Alba as something of a left-sided centre-back. He barely got forward to push Kevin-Prince Boateng back – instead he stayed in position and proved very useful as a defender"
3. "Daniel Alves was pushed extremely high, more as a right-winger getting back than a right-back pushing forward."

1) TM - Support/Attack
2) not sure you are even asking a question to be honest?? (WB - Support??)
3) not sure either mate.. WB - Attack (if you are asking for roles which I assume you are)

Sounds like you are quotiong an article about a specific game. If you are trying to emulate this approach in FM, why not post a link to that article and we will help you.

He has been asking about this for a bit now

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/121590-barca-tactic.html

Is the original thread created and info discussed, not sure what I or other members have said is correct but to my knowledge is.

im sorry mate, i read and re-watch the games about alba, he is more like left-sided centre-back and alves more like winger who track back

but about villa im just trying find second opinion :)

im sorry if i doubt your knowledge

Mate, what roles I have to choose if attacking midfield position but act like poacher?? Need reply ASAP

Mate, what roles I have to choose if attacking midfield position but act like poacher?? Need reply ASAP

Here you go mate I am definitely not an expert but here you are:
ZoomButt.gif

thanks mate. if i want to make this tactic 3-7-0 then what role i have to choose for messi ??

Make Messi a Trequartista and here is a tactic with that idea 3-7-0.tac

Hope it helps and like I said before I am no expert so don't expect wonders:)

So I am currently the manager of Porto, and have been some time, had great success playing the 4-5-1 tactic. My striker Jose Tadeu is my best player and one of the best I have ever had. He has a great goal scoring record throughout the years I have had him, however I can never decide how to play him I started off DLF, then Poacher, then back to DLF, last couple of games I have used him as CF. Obviously he has scored goals with all of the roles, but has been a bit off this season compared to previous seasons. I just want to maximise his ability and complementing the teams tactics, e.g. I don't want to miss a trick.

View attachment 360492View attachment 360493View attachment 360494

Just asking, whats the best role if,
1. left winger who concentrated on dragging Full Back out of position and drifted infield rather than towards goal
2. central midfield who trying to find space between the lines and breaking forward into attack and bursting from deeper

thanks before

Wilfred Bony
Isco

Isco AP in either AMC or MC are his best but he does well as an IF or AP on either of the wings

Bony does well TM but also Poacher and okay at CF

Hope this helps:)