Guys anyone know how to get the shouts box come up on the team page like above? Mine never shows up like that. I guess its something simply im not doing?

It doesn't ! It just me using cut and paste when presenting the tactical approach

It doesn't ! It just me using cut and paste when presenting the tactical approach

Ok thanks for that TheBetterHalf. Its a shame its not like that though as your screen shot looks fantastic and im going to try your wide/control game tonight and see how it pans out. Thanks for the help.

I didnt get what kinda tactic you're using now ?
Im using a 4-2-3-1 deep with attacking mentality and a fluid approach.
shorter,more disciplined,press more,more aggressive,zonal marking,float crosses,default(only counter attack is ticked)
fbs on defend(specific mark opposition wing based players),cbs on defend.
two dLP with support duty
advanced playmaker attack(marking changed to man)
inside forward attack.(they have move into channels and mixed cross aim)&(specific mark opposition drl)
poacher attack(marking changed to man)

I use shouts to make it play like my classic tactic.
The closest I have gotten is by using the following.
play out of defence
pass into space
play wider
run at defence
work ball into box
hit early crosses
retain possession
exploit the flanks

I have only tried the specific marking now to cut down the goals conceded from crosses and it seems to be working with me keeping 4 out of 4 clean sheets and winning all the games.

Yeah, great tactic. I tried ALL tactics from this site; i tried tactics from every website connected to FM 2013; i tried tactics from FM 2011 and FM 2012 - USELESS.
With this 4-2-3-1 Awesome tactic i was able to score 3 goals away - not bad, but at the same time i lost 4 goals, as usual ALL FROM CROSSES.
FM 2013 BETA is unplayable.

Yeah, great tactic. I tried ALL tactics from this site; i tried tactics from every website connected to FM 2013; i tried tactics from FM 2011 and FM 2012 - USELESS.
With this 4-2-3-1 Awesome tactic i was able to score 3 goals away - not bad, but at the same time i lost 4 goals, as usual ALL FROM CROSSES.

Its not meant to be enjoyable, its been made public so that we can beta-test it for SI so that we can have à better game !!

Yep, that's why I'm 4 season into it. Hint: dont watch the 3d match engine. Just use commentary only
I never used 3D match engine.
So if you are playing now 4-th season, please advice me how to beat Swansea away... I play this match more than 48h hours /load-save/ - more than 100 times - and still trying to find a way to win it... No matter how i play, they still gain a one more goal, and always, i repeat ALWAYS they score FROM CROSSES.

I never used 3D match engine.
So if you are playing now 4-th season, please advice me how to beat Swansea away... I play this match more than 48h hours /load-save/ - more than 100 times - and still trying to find a way to win it... No matter how i play, they still gain a one more goal, and always, i repeat ALWAYS they score FROM CROSSES.
Have you reported this as a bug and/or uploaded the save to SI for them to check??

Cant make my chelsea tactic work.. anyone have sucess with a chelsea tactic ?

Cant make my chelsea tactic work.. anyone have sucess with a chelsea tactic ?
I would not worry. No tactical approaches/emulations Will work as intended until the beta turns gold, the pressing & positioning system has been fixed.

mate use your fullbacks to specifically mark their amrls and your wingers to specifically mark their fullbacks.seems to be doing the trick.
With United I have conceded 5 in the last 15,playing among others Tottenham,Madrid,Newcastle 3ce and City.
Tottenham are second in the league this season and Newcastle were second last season.
Also I am thinking about getting the dms to tight mark them as well or something so that they double up on them.But interestingly after I have done these,the opponents seem to slide through balls through my central defenders or over them,which they were clearnig easily previously.

Yes, that's right I am playing beta with Madrid. Big whoop! Wanna fight about it?

Strategic Tacticality:

-----------Poach------------------|-----------------Neymar-------------
------------att-------------------|------------------------------------
----------------------------------|------------------------------------
Ins-Fwd---Adv-Plm---Winger--------|-------Ronaldo----Ozil-----Oxlade---
--att-------att------att----------|-------------------------Chamberlain
-------BWM-------B2B--------------|-----------Danielle-----Luka--------
-------def-------sup--------------|-----------De-Rossi----Modric-------
--FB----CB-------CB----FB---------|------Marcelo--Pepe---Varane--Ramos-
-auto---def-----def---auto--------|------------------------------------
-------------G--------------------|-----------------Casillas-----------

Team Instructions (all others set to default, no sliders, no tick boxes, all default)

Rigidity Thingy: Rigid
Creativity: Less Creative
Tackling: More Aggressive (don't know if this does anything, I just like to end careers)

Having Ronaldo set to Inside Fwd allows Marcelo to tear up the left wing. Having Oxlade-Chamberlain set to Winger means Ramos will stay back more. The asymmetry seems to find gaps in the opponents defence as opposed to having the Left and Right sides identical.

I manage to thrash Barcelona with no problem now. However smaller teams with 442 or the same 4231 shape as me are much harder to beat. Galatasaray are my bogey team. I have no option but to use AML and AMR due to the abundance of wingers I have.

Having the wingers on roam works much better than having the striker or advanced playmaker roaming.

I haven't really tried 442 yet, but once the full game comes out I may try that with AC Milan who I always start my epic new games with. Does Wide Midfielders or Wingers work best with 442? And what roles do you assign the 2 MC?

My old 433 (3x MC, 3x FC) tactics from FM 2012 are useless now! I managed to win the Champions League with Wrexham using that.

Last edited:
Currently using a tweaked version of Raikan&Fuss's complete madness DM tactic (modified for extra crossing/full back runs) and its working pretty well.

scz
sagna verm kos alaba
wilshere mvila arteta
walcott giroud cazorla

1st place after 10 games

forgot to mention i find the key to this beta is to use the flanks and to close down any wingers and fullbacks/wingbacks or else you will get alot of goals conceded from headers/volleys at the far post

forgot to mention i find the key to this beta is to use the flanks and to close down any wingers and fullbacks/wingbacks or else you will get alot of goals conceded from headers/volleys at the far post

Other option is to defend deep with FB-D settings.

I just switched my team instructions marking from Default to Man Marking and won 9-2 Zaragoza. Cool

Is there any good 4-1-2-1-2 / 4-3-1-2 formations on FM13? Like a AC Milan or Jose Mourinho formation.

Is there any good 4-1-2-1-2 / 4-3-1-2 formations on FM13? Like a AC Milan or Jose Mourinho formation.

Just wait a few days until the game is released and you will find some suggestions here on FMBsse ( or perhaps manage to make one yourself as some of the beta-flaws has been ironed out.