Up to 7 clean sheets in a row now, still struggling to score!

Have ur wingers man mark their wingers and they should follow them back. Working for me currently. 5 cleans sheets since update. Four 1-0 wins. Boring! :p

I've been having some trouble, my tactic is getting exposed on the wings, but I dont actually know how to get my wingers to mark theirs.

I've been having some trouble, my tactic is getting exposed on the wings, but I dont actually know how to get my wingers to mark theirs.
During a match go to tactics > player instructions > marking > then select SPECIFIC and pick opposition winger

During a match go to tactics > player instructions > marking > then select SPECIFIC and pick opposition winger

thats what I was doing with my tactics,but I was asking them to mark opposition fullback,that way,they arent always deep and can attack at times.
Also put the opposition fullbacks onto never tight mark from OI.
That should sort your attack out and keep a tight defence.
My De Gea has two golden glovees in two seasons without the update,and almost half conceded to games. :p

thats what I was doing with my tactics,but I was asking them to mark opposition fullback,that way,they arent always deep and can attack at times.
Also put the opposition fullbacks onto never tight mark from OI.
That should sort your attack out and keep a tight defence.
My De Gea has two golden glovees in two seasons without the update,and almost half conceded to games. :p
They shuld only mark when defending. They maintain their usual attacking positions when the ball is won back.

They shuld only mark when defending. They maintain their usual attacking positions when the ball is won back.
Yea but till the ball is won back they stay really deep. And so if some other member of the team wins the Ball back they are two far back down to really start a counter or simply put the ball winners have less options to pass the ball to and hence you are scoring less. Try what I said, same effects defence wise but nicer attacks .

Can anyone tell me how i can incorporate an AMC while using wingers? I play with utd and i want rooney and rvp on the field at the same time.

The opposite team destroys my backline every time when i try to use an AMC.

Can anyone tell me how i can incorporate an AMC while using wingers? I play with utd and i want rooney and rvp on the field at the same time.

The opposite team destroys my backline every time when i try to use an AMC.

Why not use 2 DMC and the AMC as à TQ ?

Why not use 2 DMC and the AMC as à TQ ?

i have alot of wingers in my team, however, im about to sell nani for 40mil and young for 11mil so i guess i can lend out my young wingers i bought...

do you put the 2 DMC on the DMC spots or can you put them on the CM spots?

i have alot of wingers in my team, however, im about to sell nani for 40mil and young for 11mil so i guess i can lend out my young wingers i bought...

do you put the 2 DMC on the DMC spots or can you put them on the CM spots?

In DMC. I am à Little confused now though. I thought you actually wanted to pakt with wingers and à AMC but wanted à more defensivly stable formation ( hence My DMC suggestion, but now you are selling and loaning out your wingers??

In DMC. I am à Little confused now though. I thought you actually wanted to pakt with wingers and à AMC but wanted à more defensivly stable formation ( hence My DMC suggestion, but now you are selling and loaning out your wingers??

No i just sold nani because he asked too much (already bought a replacement last year) and young is **** in my eyes (i mean that i can get better wingers).
Just asking it because i bought Fellaini and Gundogan (dortmund). I still have Valencia/rvp and some young high potentials.

Im looking for a tactic that i can use away vs strong teams (chelsea, arsenal, city), a solid tactic with an AMC and a tactic that destroys small teams.

I was thinking about 1poacher, 2 wingers, 1 attacking midfielder, 2 midfielders who defend. I guess i should put the 2 midfielders on the DMC spots?

No i just sold nani because he asked too much (already bought a replacement last year) and young is **** in my eyes (i mean that i can get better wingers).
Just asking it because i bought Fellaini and Gundogan (dortmund). I still have Valencia/rvp and some young high potentials.

Im looking for a tactic that i can use away vs strong teams (chelsea, arsenal, city), a solid tactic with an AMC and a tactic that destroys small teams.

I was thinking about 1poacher, 2 wingers, 1 attacking midfielder, 2 midfielders who defend. I guess i should put the 2 midfielders on the DMC spots?

I am using à Cautious tactic for away games that have been really good, I can send it to you as some inspiration. Its an asymmetric one like this

DL- DC-DC
-----DMC----WBR( Valencia)
---MC- MC
AML - AMC
------------FC

Naturally, you can mirror it to.

I am using à Cautious tactic for away games that have been really good, I can send it to you as some inspiration. Its an asymmetric one like this

DL- DC-DC
-----DMC----WBR( Valencia)
---MC- MC
AML - AMC
------------FC

Naturally, you can mirror it to.

I used a similar tactic before. The board said it wasnt attacking enough because i had a normal DR. I only scored 59 goals in the season compared to the 90+ of arsenal and city.

What do you think about this tactic:

DL - DC - DC - DR ( Rafael, vidic, ferdinand, alaba)
DLP - DMC ( DLP: Fellaini/gundogan DMC: Jones)
-----------------
W ---TQ----- IF (W: Valencia/RVP, TQ: Kagawa/Rooney IF: Wellington/???)
------P-------- (Welbeck, RVP, rooney)

Creative freedom is limited except for the IF and TQ.
Both my DMCs are on defending with short passing, not too much running.
Im using Rigid and control

Im not an exp tactic creator. So i dont really know if im doing it right :)
Im still looking for an -18y/o winger

Last edited:
I used a similar tactic before. The board said it wasnt attacking enough because i had a normal DR. I only scored 59 goals in the season compared to the 90+ of arsenal and city.

What do you think about this tactic:

DL - DC - DC - DR ( Rafael, vidic, ferdinand, alaba)
DLP - DMC ( DLP: Fellaini/gundogan DMC: Jones)
-----------------
W ---TQ----- IF (W: Valencia/RVP, TQ: Kagawa/Rooney IF: Wellington/???)
------P-------- (Welbeck, RVP, rooney)

Creative freedom is limited except for the IF and TQ.
Both my DMCs are on defending with short passing, not too much running.
Im using Rigid and control

Im not an exp tactic creator. So i dont really know if im doing it right :)
Im still looking for an -18y/o winger

Instead of us spamming this thread ( after all, its not a help thread for tactics but a place where you tell people of your approach), why dont you open a new thread on the subject ( using uour last post) in the subforum for "what tactics should I use )

Last edited: