So, i can't win a **** in this game, what should i do when creating a tactic? what's the best formation so far? what works better? possession or direct football? some advices needed here xD

So, i can't win a **** in this game, what should i do when creating a tactic? what's the best formation so far? what works better? possession or direct football? some advices needed here xD

Like written numerous times in this thread, the beta is so flawed that you can't say. Once the issues has been fixed, then you can play any balanced tactic as long as it suits the players and the circumstances .

still 1st at the jan transfer window, just lost my first game 1-0 to reading. tactic still working great, i advise anyone that is having problems with a team like arsenal, to check out the tactic i mentioned on the previous page

Like written numerous times in this thread, the beta is so flawed that you can't say. Once the issues has been fixed, then you can play any balanced tactic as long as it suits the players and the circumstances .

Well, I understood what you said, But what does flawed means? :3

Btw thanks for the information mate :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I understood what you said, But what does flawed means? :3

The match engine is pretty badly flawed. Teams can be very much in control and doing everything right and then get smashed for no real reason. For example I went 3-0 up against Chelsea as villa, was controling the match then they scored 5 in around 10 mins in the second half.

On topic though, I'm going a 4-1-2-1-2 with Villa with Wingbacks giving me widith and (trying) to get a midfield trio that controls possesion, which allows my AMC and 2 Forwards (a DLF and Poacher) to push forward more.

442 with aml/amr playing down both flanks, cutting inside

defensive line : deep

width: wide for crossing :) :)

counter attack: yes

tempo: midway

direct football with wingers crossing.

strategy: standard

targetman supply: run onto ball

since the beta has 1 cross = 1 goal and cpu uses this against me, simply then as the old saying says, "if you cant beat them, join them". my tactic fully exploits this and scoring buckets of goals

Last edited:
Finished 3rd in my first season (Semi Final of the FA Cup and Quarter Finals of the Europa) with a 4-2-3-1 fluid attacking tactic for home games and easier away games and a 4-3-2-1 for those trickier away games with a rigid control tactic. We all know the beta is flawed and needs tweeking so hoping once this has happened my results should get better and my defenders should actually make a tackle now and again. Fingers crossed.

Early doors but is anyone having much more success following the beta update?

I just seen a cross put into the back post aaaaaaaaaaaand.............. the keeper saved it! Yepeee!

Got Rangers out of Scottish Division 3 at first attempt now top of division 2 on 1st Jan in second season so not too bad

Still conceding from lot of crosses but can tell certain things have changed.

Had one or two that worked pre-update lol. Pants now!
LOL i know had half decent one i made before update now is *****! Tried a few others downloaded from si games but did not work to well and the one that did i did not like formation 4-4-1-1

I'm constantly having to update my tactics because I'm leaking goals all over the place. Playing 4-4-2 with the two wide midfielders pushed up to wingers used to work a treat on the past few FM's, but now I have to play as a flat midfield because they leave way too much space behind.

I'm constantly having to update my tactics because I'm leaking goals all over the place. Playing 4-4-2 with the two wide midfielders pushed up to wingers used to work a treat on the past few FM's, but now I have to play as a flat midfield because they leave way too much space behind.
Think will just have to wait for final patch to come before it is sorted out.

Have ur wingers man mark their wingers and they should follow them back. Working for me currently. 5 cleans sheets since update. Four 1-0 wins. Boring! :p