Using Raikan's Might and Magic tactic from FM12. Top of the league with Toulouse in January so far, won 14, drawn 0, lost 3.

I've just started using a 4-1-3-2 (1 DMC, 3 AMC's). Defensively pretty weak but the 5 attacking players and 2 FB's create alot of pressure, really early in the season (still playing friendlies) but I think I'll spend a while trying to make this a decent tactic.

Prior to taking over at AC Milan last year I use to always play an attacking style of football somewhere between Man Utd/Blackpool very expansive...
However recently IV switched to a more possession based system and took some of Raikans possession principles to my strategy... Now its all about trying to implement a Barcelona type system...

The basis of my strategy is to implement a Barcelona/Ajax style approach at Guadalajara in Spain and break up the Madrid/Barca hold on La Liga...

So I will be playing a high pressing, short passing style using the 4-2-3-1 Asymmetrical formation...

Playing as Stoke using a typical Stoke tactic: tough tackling and pressing, then playing it through the wings. Mixed results so far as Etherington/Pennant have both been simultaneously erratic. I have Crouch playing as a complete forward and he has been awesome. Only 1 goal in about 10 games but all of the play comes from him: he wins every ball in the air, allowing my poacher Owen/Paterson/Jerome to latch on and then usually hit the post. No idea who is going to replace him when he gets too old, although I do have high hopes for my new signing Callum Paterson:
View attachment 280648

Using Raikan's Might and Magic tactic from FM12. Top of the league with Toulouse in January so far, won 14, drawn 0, lost 3.
Update: Lost the title on the last day of the season to PSG. Although really the title was lost 2 games before, when after being 4-0 up at HT at home to Lille, I drew 4-4. Still, it's just a learning experience (will start over on the full release, as I didn't even make transfers etc), and the tactic has obviously worked wonders for a mid-table side. Looking forward to the M&M FM13 version.

My tactic is going to be Portsmouth
4-1-3-2

Two CBs, Two attacking wingbacks, a DLP, two trequartistas and an Advanced playmaker

Upfront, a DLP and advanced forward

Playing with a deep line so the CBs arent exploited

using 4-4-1-1 which is boring but effective, hard to play with United though as i have so many strikers and CAM's, Kagawa doesntplay well unless he's played CAM which means i have to leave rooney out.

Playing as Newcastle in my first save where I'm using two different 4-5-1 (2-7-1) tactics with wing-backs that I'm working on and also testing out Raikan's 4-2-4 formation. Just played the first PL match home against Reading with the 4-5-1 and was in total control and Santon was tearing stuff apart on the left. Only the post denied his hat trick and he also had some great runs, skipping past defenders. Must say I really like using wing-backs so far this year. The tactic is also very balanced and open to a lot of different runs - with a lot of movement on the flanks between the wingers and wing-backs, along with the CMs sitting a bit back and being able to get off both good long shots and runs into the box.

Once I get Dzagoev and Midtsjø in January I might start working on a 4-3-3 as well or retrain Dzagoev to CM as he'd work great in that spot for my 4-5-1.

Hi everybody..

Having some issues with my tactic, for some reason i just cant score.
I got an overload of possession in games, and make alot of chances.
Sadly i just dont score that much as i want too, and usual lose / draw in the end of game where opposite team scores.

I've uploaded some Screens from the games i've lost, since they are the most interesting imo.

View attachment 281052View attachment 281053View attachment 281054View attachment 281055View attachment 281056View attachment 281057View attachment 281058View attachment 281059View attachment 281062View attachment 281063

Would like to say thx for Raikan, for his great possession tactic thread.

Kind regards.

Frank

Last edited:
I'm using tactics from FM11/12 and seem to be doing ok[ish!]

I'm using my own version of a 4-2-3-1 formation which i just keep going back too. I'm commited to finding the perfect version of this. With Man City, i'm on a long unbeaten streak and crusing in the league but still tweaking little bits. This includes a home and away version.

I'm also using it on a QPR online session and will see how it gets on being an underdog in most games despite the talent.