What Tactic should i use?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 398K
IN DESPERATE NEED OF A GOOD TACTIC REAL MADRID!!!
nothing i seem to try works! i just have the first season squad but signed di maria, could anyone recommend a good tactic for me please!?

You might want to try the one in post no 42. It looks like it worked for Real.

i am arsenal in 2015 and my normal formation is starting to fail, possibly because of the amount my squad has changed, and i am not a great tactician. any help is appreciated, here is my squad and i would prefer to have 4-1-2-1-2 as long as i have 2 strikers and a def mid. but i have useful wingers aswell.

KEEPERS: Alphonse Areola - Fabianski
DEFENDERS: Sagna - Clichy - Wilson - Vermaelen - Senderos - 2 regens on rotation
DEF MIDS: M'Vila - Alex Song - Lorenzo Cristeig
MIDFIELDERS: Ramsey - Fabregas - Giovinco - Nasri - Walcott - Kightly - Guardado
STRIKERS: David Villa - Bendtner - Wellinton Silva - (Young regen i signed for £15mil 18yrs good backup)

Please Help :(

If you want to play 4-1-2-1-2 then I would put one of the DM as anchor man with defend duty. Then put Fabregas and Ramsey as central midfielders, one as a deep-lying playmaker with support duty the other as a central midfielder with attack duty. Then Nasri in the AMC slot as an advanced playmaker (you can try swapping his role with the central midfielder who's on attack duty). Bendtner as a targetman-support and Villa poacher/advanced forward/trequartista. And set Sagna and Clichy as wingbacks not fullbacks. Focus passing mixed not through the middle only.

I know, I should be shamed for wanting this, but After 4 seasons of losing on away goals in quater finals for Champos league Ive had it (yes 4 in a row of away goal pain| You could guess im Chelsea =-="" Dam europe)

I am looking for this tactic for my Champions league away games in knockout rounds, Ive searched the site but cant find a good defensive one with the corner trick, I have downloaded numerous, and I attempted to add the trick to Mr Houghs Wonder tactic (classic) but It just is not working,

Can anyone help me?

manchester united

i'm playing manchester united using a 4-4-2 formation but i don't think it's the most effective use of my squad. unfortunately, many times when i experiment, i end up getting outplayed and am currently underperforming. help!

GK - Van der Sar/Hugo Lloris/Kuszcak

RB-Wes Brown/Gary Neville (or RWB-Rafinha/Rafael)
LB-Patrice Evra (or LWB-Joao Paulo)
CB-Vidic/Evans (and Rio set to Ball Playing Def)

In the middle, I have Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Gibson.

Att. Midfield: Modric, Giggs, Ji-Sung, Tosic, Valencia, Obertan, and Eduardo Salvio.

Up front, I choose from Rooney, Dzeko, Berbatov, and Owen (welbeck and macheda).

Any advice on how to set my player roles and establish some lethal partnerships? And also, is 4-4-2 the best strategy with this squad?

i'm playing manchester united using a 4-4-2 formation but i don't think it's the most effective use of my squad. unfortunately, many times when i experiment, i end up getting outplayed and am currently underperforming. help!

GK - Van der Sar/Hugo Lloris/Kuszcak

RB-Wes Brown/Gary Neville (or RWB-Rafinha/Rafael)
LB-Patrice Evra (or LWB-Joao Paulo)
CB-Vidic/Evans (and Rio set to Ball Playing Def)

In the middle, I have Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Gibson.

Att. Midfield: Modric, Giggs, Ji-Sung, Tosic, Valencia, Obertan, and Eduardo Salvio.

Up front, I choose from Rooney, Dzeko, Berbatov, and Owen (welbeck and macheda).

Any advice on how to set my player roles and establish some lethal partnerships? And also, is 4-4-2 the best strategy with this squad?

Looking at the players you have I would give a go to a 4-2-3-1 formation.
GK: Lloris
LB:Evra(Full back/automatic)
CB:Vidic(Stopper/defend)
CB:Ferdinand(Cover/defend)
RB:Rafinha(Full back/automatic)
Then either two DMs or CMs (choose out of Carrick, Hargreaves and Fletcher) One should be either a Defensive midfielder on defend duty or ball-winning midfielder on defend duty,the other a deep-lying playmaker or box-to-boxmidfielder on support duty.
LW Modric
RW Salvio (both as wingers on attack duty but you can try inside forward too)
AMC: Rooney(attacking midfielder/attack) many would disagree but when you look how he has been playing for United then the midfield isn't unfamiliar for him
ST: Dzeko: Targetman/support would be my first thought but you can try different options.

I forgot to mention I also have Scholes and Anderson; would that affect any of your recommendations?

Also, do you think Rio will play better set to Stopper? I've had him set to Ball Playing but he's been underachieving.

And one last thing: Salvio's definitely got potential but with players like Tosic and Valencia...do you think he's the best choice for the first team?

I appreciate your advice, CorvetteC3!

We'll I have never played with United myself(although it's one of my goals on my current game). With Scholes I'm not sure if he's able to play every game, but you could try him as a cm on support duty or am. And Anderson as an advanced playmaker/attack either in the cm or am slot.
With Rio and Vidic I would compare their physical stats, the stronger one as stopper and the faster on as cover.
As to Salvio, then on my current game he's been on the Real Madrid bench for five years and is quite **** but if he plays he'll reach his potential in a couple of years. And it depends what you want your wingers to do. Either just cross the ball(Valencia/ winger(think fast Beckham)) or cut in and try to score himself(Tosic/ inside forward(think C. Ronaldo). Salvio can do both when he reaches he's potential. The thing is footballers don't develop sitting on the bench.

Hi guys, im not really after a downloaded tactic, more my own tactic, im after some help with starting strategy, these are my team instructions

Passing style: Default
Creative Freedom: Default
Tackling: Default
Closing down: Press More
Crossing: Float Crosses
Marking: Man Marking
Roaming: Default

I want to play a slower more cautious game with stoke, someone please help we set up the right instructions, cheers

heya, just started managing leeds. Can anyone give me some advice in which tactics i should be using? cheers

managing arsenal first season in patch 10.3. have bought veloso(13m) hazard(17m) and lukaku(10m). which tactic, formation should i use? thanks in advance

managing arsenal first season in patch 10.3. have bought veloso(13m) hazard(17m) and lukaku(10m). which tactic, formation should i use? thanks in advance
4-5-1, use arshavin on the right, hazard on the left, van persie up front, veloso in the DM role, Lukaku as impact player

I am playing with Man Utd and i have a good tactic that is working well but the strikers arnt scoring. i have rooney and dzeko on patch 10.3 and i am not sure which roles to use them in? any help appreciated?

Im using everton this is my sqaud cant seem to score just keep losing any ideas on a good formation and tactics: (GK) Tim Howard, Asmir Begovic, Asier Riesgo (DEF) Leighton Baines, Nicolás Otamendi, Sylvain Distin, Shane Duffy, Lucas Neill, John Heitinga (MID) Jack Rodwell, Marouane Fellaini, Jose Baxter, Rodney Sneijder, (FWD) Leon Osman, Steven Pienaar, Dinijar Bilyaletdinov, Marco Verratti, Tim Cahill, (ST) Jô, Louis Saha, James Vaughan, Yakubu thats most of the squad

Last edited:
I'm looking for a tactic for Valencia - anyone has a successful one ?

Back