What Tactic Suits My Team?

I have just started a new game with Sheffield Wednesday, to try to resurrect a sleeping giant. Haven't sold or bought anyone yet, so it's completely original squad. Can anyone recommend me a tactic to use and players I should try to either sell or buy?

PS - I did notice JP Woody's tactic which he made specifically with Wednesday. Is this the best one for them?

In 4th season with Liverpool. Current tactic has been used for 2 and a half seasons and has won the quadrouple twice so i know it suites my team. However, i'm thinking it may get to the point where it becomes less effective so need a new plan.

Currently very winger based with wonderkid regen and Messi on the wings. Fast target men with supply to Vagner Love in front of him to run on to. An AM of Gerrard in the centre and Mascherano holding.

Any suggestions for a new tactic that could exploit the wingers as they're my best part. Also, i need to use 2 strikers because i have so many in my squad.

Since i had my thread about this closed thought would re-state this quote. Got 1 suggestion but open to more.

Since i had my thread about this closed thought would re-state this quote. Got 1 suggestion but open to more.

If you like to play with multiple tactics, sets, then I think my 442 Diamond( mr, mrl, dmc, amc) using a target man will suit your squad very well. It can be found in my thread "Tactic set for all teams"

the fella above me knows what he is talking about. His tactics have allowed me to take average sides such as Blackburn, Sunderland and Pompey to the brink of Champions League football within 2 seasons.

I, m using A 4-2-3-1 formation with liverpool using two defensive minded midfield players but in MC not DM. The problem is my team is not gelling or playing well. How should I adjust the tactics to improve the performances. My team is giving the ball away cheaply, making defensive errors, not dominating the game, not creating chances etc. i have signed, Veloso, Balotelli, m.fernandez and sold Benayoun, Aurelio and Itandge.

Here's my current squad

View attachment 4250

Last edited:
I want to do a proper season with (Glasgow) Rangers and I want a tactics that with score a good few goals, but doesn't concede that many and doesn't fall apart. Any ideas people? I would prefer to play with 2 strikers if possible.
it seems people are having a lot of success with these tactics and i think they where taylored for rangers the fella says he hasnt lost in 3 seasons with them good luck and let me know how you get on i might have a go with rangers myself http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f59/tylerbode-tactic-amazing-results-t13524.html:)

Porto 09

Hello, Ive been playing FM since 07 and im not tooo bad (well id like to think so). My tactics have always been a little average but my wheelings and dealings in the transfer market have made up for them usually. Except now i find myself in a pickle of a dilly with 09. Im playing with PORTO (1st season) and i have:
Helton
Costa BrunoAlves Pedro Emanuel Lino

Raul Meireles Pele

Rodriguez Lucho Gonzalez Candeias
Lisandro Lopez

Now im defs struggling with tactics for this team, i dnt no wat to apply, i have the players to play really any formation, with adriano and farias also being capable strikers. I just cnt seem to find a formation to fit, i no these arent the greatest players in the world, as if Gonzalez players **** my team usually fails. but i was hoping for some help with a formation. In my defence im from Australia n we are technically **** here lol.
Cheers.

Btw i managed to get De jong for 10 mil (US) to play the DM role n looks like Lucho Gonzalez might b doing one on me n jumpin ship to citeh. So any ideas for a good play maker?

Last edited:
Cool

Thanks alot for that mate, helped me beat Sportin CP 2-1 in the Portugese Super Cup. Great tactic. Got any others for a lone striker as well?

Celtic 3rd season 9.2

hi all would appreciate some help.

Coming to the end of my 3rd season with Celtic and have been using my slightly modified version of Lee's Liverpool Tactic which has took me to the quarter-final of the Champions League then got knocked out of the quarter-final of the UEFA cup by Liverpool after drawing Man U and Inter of group stages of the Champions League. Unbeaten in the league for 59 games and only twice in 3 seasos. Tactic doing well but I think now might be the time to change it. It is 31/03/2011 and I have just about wrapped the league up so now is the time to try one.

Have attached a screen print of my squad. My main concern is lack of pace at the back and I play Bojan and Keirrison up front so pace but no Target Man (Gladkyi on the bench). Have been trying to get a class cetre back in for 2 seasons but as I am Celtic not many interested. In the U-18s and on loan i have 3 or 4 potential superstar defenders. The likes of Sakho, Fazio, Thiago Silva, Garayetc are not interested. First choice is Eduardo and Gary Caldwell (really slow but solid) with O'Dea, Hugo, Gerson (just igned still 18), Rapnik, Papadopoulos and an 18 yr old regen on loan who is in England U21 squad already.

I have had to tweak Lee's tactic to cover for my lack of pace at the back with a deeper defensive line but thought I would ask if there is another tactic that might be more suitable for my team, especially with my pacy forward line.

Sorry for the long post just trying to give as much info as possible and I appreciate any help.

Thanks alot for that mate, helped me beat Sportin CP 2-1 in the Portugese Super Cup. Great tactic. Got any others for a lone striker as well?
Just move one of the strikers into the hole AM role and play 4411,you could even move the wide players forwad a bit into AMR and AML roles and play a 4231.Not sure how it would work though because i havent tried it.lol

Hi there i am a very loyal supporter of both Chelsea and Football Manager 09. My problem is that I have never had any real succes with chelsea on FM. So this is where u guys come in. Im about to start a new game with Chels with 9.3.0 patch as watching chelsea this morn...im in australia...gave me the insipration to take them to success.

I was wondering if u guys can pin point me to a tactic which is great with Chelsea. I dont care if it one striker or two or three as i reckon i shoudl be able to find the money to buy players in as most FM games i do. Also please pin point some players to buy and sell to genetrate these funds..My aims are to take them to every possible trophy...so that include uefa super cu[ and world club champs so an excellent tactic will be nice...I dont care if the tactic is one of your own made ones or someone elses...jsut consistent and successful..

Also is it worth keeping Anelka, J Cole, Carvalho, Alex, Malouda, Kalou and Ballack? or am i better off selling them off for better cheaper and youngetr players? if so who and how much? I heard u can get a fair amount for these guys...

By the way I have already checked other threads and I havnt found any real sloutions.

Thx please get back to me asap as i would lve to get this save under way.

Man City disaster

My Man City season is turning into a disaster. I'm 7 league games in and have a single point. I'm completely bemused as to whats going on. I managed 56% possession against Chelsea away and still lost 4-1 mainly because my defenders insisted on passing balls straight to Anelka and Drogba rather than their own players. I've just lost 3-1A to West Brom also with more possession. I think I've had more possession in every game. I can't score and I leak goals and this is happening at home!

I'm currently using Lee's Liverpool tactics as suggested earlier in the thread for Man City and have done so for about 5 games.

Veloso is a start so far, but Robinho can't beat the keeper and everyone is variable and just not making it happen. I'm playing with DMC, MC and AMR, AML because that seems to suit who I have. No one is good in the air though so is this a waste?

Team is:

-------------------Hart--------------
Richards-----Dunne--Radoi-----Ball
------------------Veloso-----------
------------------Hamsik------------
WrtPlps/Ballotelli--------Petrov
--------------Jo----Robinho---------

Subs:
Schmeical
Ben-Haim
Elano
Mills
Fernando
Zabaleta
Ireland
Kompany
Garrido
Hamman

I am playing as Cambridge in BSP. I am top of the league using tatics heavily based on Lee's liverpool tatics.

However, my games are a lot closer than they should be given the quality of my team in comparison to other teams in the league.

Does anyone have any suggestions for altering Lee's Liverpool tatics for lower division teams? (Particually the ones that are better in the league.)

Also I have signed striker Rhys Murphy on a loan from Arsenal. He is an amazing player for my division (value 1.5m, average team member value 30k !) but has scored very little. Does anyone have any suggestions for maximising this player?

Cheers :)

****, now second in the league.

Last edited:
i have all of these player and i am Manchester City can anybody help

Akinfeev/Asenjo
RB Zapata Azpilicueta
CB Fazio, Albiol
LB Sakho, ?????
CM Moutinho, Veloso
RM Marquinhos, Vukcevic
LM Mata, Matias Fernandez
AMC Dzagoev
ST V.Love, R.Van Nistlerooy, Keirrison

???? = Need help on signing some one for back up
So there are my players now i need a tactic where i score a few goals and concede hardly any

THANK YOU if you help !

Bridge is sick
Ashley cole ever so slightly less sick than Bridge.

I really need a tactic for away games for sunderland i win the majority of games at home but away im garbage my squad is:
GK:Gordon
LB:Razman Rat
RB:Zebina/Bardsley
CB:Hyypia/A.Ferdinand/Nosworthy/Kompany
LM:Reid/Killy Gonzalez
RM:Diouf
CM:Defour/Wiitsel/Tainio/Whitehead
ST:Crouch/Gudjohnsen/Pantelic/V.of Hesselink
Any help appreciated.

I really need a tactic for away games for sunderland i win the majority of games at home but away im garbage my squad is:
GK:Gordon
LB:Razman Rat
RB:Zebina/Bardsley
CB:Hyypia/A.Ferdinand/Nosworthy/Kompany
LM:Reid/Killy Gonzalez
RM:Diouf
CM:Defour/Wiitsel/Tainio/Whitehead
ST:Crouch/Gudjohnsen/Pantelic/V.of Hesselink
Any help appreciated.

Have a look at this tactic. Its a quick counter attack game that suits playing most teams. If the AI is playing a quick and more attacking counter version( like Arsenal) then your self then reduce tempo heavily( last notch of slow) and remove som fwruns and t-balls.

The FCR should have pace an the FCleft should be strong
The MCR should be the more attacking minded and the MCL a hardworking DMC/MC