What Tactic Suits My Team?

i need a bit of help because my only decent strikers are jermaine beckford who is quite inconsistent atm and adebayo akinfenwa who is injured and also i have 4 other players out injured!
View attachment 4611
what would you suggest?

Liverpool Team

Hi my starting XI for Liverpool currently is:

GK: Reina
DR: Micah Richards/Srna
DL: Joe Mattock/Dossena/Aurelio
DC: Carragher
DC: Skrtel
MR: Srna/Witsel
ML: Witsel/Fernandez
MC: Gerrard
MC: Mascherano
FC: Torres
FC: Cardozo

Current formation set to 4-4-2 attacking, but i am wondering if there is a better set up for this Liverpool team, also wish the board werent so mean with the wage budget, just coming up to the end of my first season (1st with 5 games to go) and will have to do some serious trimming of the squad.

Ive played the football/champ manager games since Championship Manager 2 (which my friend got me hooked on at uni) and this new version is a lot of fun :)

Need a suggest for walsall tactics
12672061.jpg

Hi, I am currently Man City and I'm starting my 3rd season. Im really happy with the way things are going but could be doing a bit more. I won the UEFA Cup last season, finished 4th and have champions league football this season.

I have been using a very attacking formation with 4-2-2-2 and have been scoring goals for fun. However at the back, I have been let down a little.

My current squad for the new season is as follows:

GK: S Asenjo (Natural)
LB: M Flamini (Accomplished)
CB: M Richards (Accomplished)
CB: J Evans (Natural)
RB: D Srna (Natural)
CM: S Gerrard (Natural)
CM: Diego (Accomplished)
LW: A Guardado (Natural)
RW: Ronaldinho (Accomplished)
ST: Vagner Love (Natural)
ST: Robinho (Natural)

------------------------------S.Asenjo-----------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
----D.Srna-------M.Richards-------------J.Evans-------M.Flamini----
-----------------------S.Gerrard-------Diego-----------------------
----Ronaldinho--------------------------------------A.Guardado----
-------------------Vagner Love--------Robinho---------------------

Subs and Reserves:

M.Balotelli (Often First Team Starter)
A.Palombo (Often First Team Starter Away Games against Big Clubs)
C.Vela
O.Cardozo
J.R.Riquelme (Often First Team Starter: --> Best Midfield Performer Last Season )
W.Bridge
R.Dunne
S.Wright-Phillips
P.Zabaleta
N.De Jong

And Others

I preferably want to maintain the goals but certainly want to put a stop to the goals at the back.. Just wondered if any specific tactics or ideas were out there that would suit the players in my squad.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:53 PM ----------

My Man City season is turning into a disaster. I'm 7 league games in and have a single point. I'm completely bemused as to whats going on. I managed 56% possession against Chelsea away and still lost 4-1 mainly because my defenders insisted on passing balls straight to Anelka and Drogba rather than their own players. I've just lost 3-1A to West Brom also with more possession. I think I've had more possession in every game. I can't score and I leak goals and this is happening at home!

I'm currently using Lee's Liverpool tactics as suggested earlier in the thread for Man City and have done so for about 5 games.

Veloso is a start so far, but Robinho can't beat the keeper and everyone is variable and just not making it happen. I'm playing with DMC, MC and AMR, AML because that seems to suit who I have. No one is good in the air though so is this a waste?

Team is:

-------------------Hart--------------
Richards-----Dunne--Radoi-----Ball
------------------Veloso-----------
------------------Hamsik------------
WrtPlps/Ballotelli--------Petrov
--------------Jo----Robinho---------

Subs:
Schmeical
Ben-Haim
Elano
Mills
Fernando
Zabaleta
Ireland
Kompany
Garrido
Hamman

Get rid of Jo, he is *****. Your better off playing Balotelli upfront with Robinho and tell Robinho with player interaction to take the ball around the goalkeeper in 1on1's... works a treat after a while. If you have the finances, invest in another goalkeeper, maybe Asenjo or Lloris. Garrido may also be a better choice than Ball. If not, definately look for a replacement.

Tactically? Maybe bring Veloso into the middle of the midfield alongside Hamsik for home games.. have your wingers pushing on just in front of the midfield and behind the forwards..Play robinho on the left side up front and give him a free role.

Have your wingers push up and support the attacks.. whilst keeping your centre backs completely defensive and playing the ball with little creativity. Have both wingers with attacking minded and dont forget to use the assistants feedback in terms of going in hard on players and closing down obvious threats... this proves very useful.

I'm not sure how good Petrov is doing for you but if he underperforms you can always push Robinho out on the left, pack another midfielder in the middle like Elano to keep things more compact and leave just Balotelli up front. Hes a big enough handful to do well on his own and make sure he has Hold Up the Ball Ticked. Try these methods, may help as they have helped me over time.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Hi there i am a very loyal supporter of both Chelsea and Football Manager 09. My problem is that I have never had any real succes with chelsea on FM. So this is where u guys come in. Im about to start a new game with Chels with 9.3.0 patch as watching chelsea this morn...im in australia...gave me the insipration to take them to success.

I was wondering if u guys can pin point me to a tactic which is great with Chelsea. I dont care if it one striker or two or three as i reckon i shoudl be able to find the money to buy players in as most FM games i do. Also please pin point some players to buy and sell to genetrate these funds..My aims are to take them to every possible trophy...so that include uefa super cu[ and world club champs so an excellent tactic will be nice...I dont care if the tactic is one of your own made ones or someone elses...jsut consistent and successful..

Also is it worth keeping Anelka, J Cole, Carvalho, Alex, Malouda, Kalou and Ballack? or am i better off selling them off for better cheaper and youngetr players? if so who and how much? I heard u can get a fair amount for these guys...

By the way I have already checked other threads and I havnt found any real sloutions.

Thx please get back to me asap as i would lve to get this save under way.

I too am a very passionate and loyal Chelsea Fan, therefore obviously i used them for a while.. My first season i got the league and champions league whilst in my second season i got the league, fa cup and carling cup whilst unfortunately losing to barca in champions league final after beating them in the season before.

I understand questioning some of those players and whether they need replacing. However, players like Ballack and J.Cole can be great back up if injuries occur if not good starters. As a Chelsea fan you must know we are weak out wide... so signing a good wide player is essential. I personally would have to recommend A.Guardado as hes just about as good as they get on the wide left for a good price. Mario Balotelli is another obvious player worth bringing in whilst Oscar Cardozo helped immensely when lifting trophies. However, if your on 9.3.0... definately without a shadow of doubt get the cash around 15M and sign Vagner Love. Had an injury packed end of the season for my Man City campaign. Injuries kept him out for best part of 3 months. He still however finished off the season having scored 29 goals and proving 22 assists. 22 Assists for a striker is a fantastic addition to have in your squad.
Carvalho is fine with Terry and doesn't need replacing in the first season. You could sell Anelka... I got 20M from Arsenal for him when offering him to clubs. This will generate some income if you can get anything around that mark. Other players that are worth looking at include Joao Moutinho.. a very good replacement for Ballack and perhaps Darjio Srna. Bosingwa is a good player and is not bad on FM but him and his stats dont exactly shine.

Tactically you have to play offensively, maybe a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-1-1-2-2 with the wingers above the two midfielders out wide, but below the strikers.. Keep the two wingers thinking forward all the time, especially when at home. The Centre backs have to think Defensive obviously with little creative freedom.. The full backs like Cole and Bosingwa need to get forward and support as well. Essiens always a very good insurance when going forward as he can sit and hold back... be careful though as he can stray forward as he did on mine in unnecessary situations. Drogba has to play and if you can bring in another striker... you cant be looking at anything more than 2 up front.. When corners occur.. make sure you have both CBs attacking the ball, preferably challenging the goalkeeper.. have someone big on both posts and when defending corners... leave one or two quick (small) players up the other end,, waiting to counter. As you do player instructions, player passing needs to gradually become more direct as you begin to move up the pitch.. So maybe short in defence and mixed in midfield whilst having a more direct approach with the wide players a forwards. Play some friendlys pre season and tweak about.. Remember you can cancel some of the friendlys pre season if you wanna try new tactics against a more challenging opponent.

Being Chelsea doesn't need to much tweaking... if you wanna look for the future as well.. look to snap up Alberto Paloschi asap, Vela if you can persuade Arsenal to sell him which can be very difficult. If they want a lot, leave him. And get your scouts (Get the best scouts) searching areas for players under the age of 17. Get Tugs training guides too.

Last edited:
I'm playing with Livorno. I need a good tactic for my team.
2925_1151080216506_1212640395_30410468_2431029_n.jpg

hi wanna play me on fm09 mate plz or how do i play anyone lol plz help thanks mate

Playing with Arsenal. As you can see, my team is rather focused on midfielders. So preferably need a tactic which allows the use of many midfielders. My current tactic isn't working very well for me at the moment.

Hey guys any tips for my arsenal there sort of languish mid-top table i want a champions league automatic qualification?

Tactics & Transfer tips appreciated^^)

I have been so hooked on this game, im in season 2018/2019 and it gets far more interesting as you have no idea who the players are anymore and some big players have retired and become coaches or managers.

I find that the tactics also is very hard to get the hang of, but i find that if you keep a similar framework for a long time you will see that players get use to it and start adapting and hopefully start winning.

My advice would be to find a tactic that suits your team with the players you have. so for instance if you have fast strong and great dribblers for wingers cater for them or if you have strong defenders play with counter attacking football so you draw a team in and quickly attack them whilst a team is at its weakest attacking you.

One very handy tip is to get a really good asst manager and listen to his feedback it is invaluable sometimes.

I have been macclesfield manager from the beginning and I have managed to get them into the premiership with some very expensive players.

But definately get a good assistant manager who has good man management and tactical knowledge and look at his feedback.

One more handy tip and this takes forever to do is look at the team you are about to play, find out what tactics they normally use for home and away games and find out who is their most effective player and neutralise him. This takes a long time which is why i have a scout to scout each time to give me feedback on each team i play and adapt my style.

Please help with Arsenal

First year with Arsenal, new transfer window just re-opened.
I have sold Eboue, Gallas, Bendtner, Denilson, Silvestre, Randall, Song and bought in Senna at the beginning of the season (excellent signing, by the way!) and now from 1st of January Jovetic, Keirrison, Srna, Sakho, Santon, Camacho, Mattock, Witsel, Pandev and Delfouneso.

I have tried to use 4-1(DM)-2(CM)-2(wingers)-1 system, but it isnt working properly, especially away.

So, I have some questions for you ATM, please answer:
- what is my IDEAL LINE-UP in your opinion?
- who do u see as better keeper, Almunia or Fabianski?
- how should I use and train Sakho (immediately together with Toure / share time with Djourou / trying to buy anyone else)?
- should I put Mattock, Delfouneso, Keirrison to bench or give him start in reserves?
- and biggest headache: what should I do with my right wing? There are Sagna, Srna, Walcott, Santon - how do use and train them plus keep happy?
- what is best place for Arshavin, van Persie and Pandev in this formation? Should I look to offload one of them? If yes, for what price approximately?
- how do you advice to select who loan out and who not? F.e. Nordtveit just came from loan, is it better to loan him again or keep in reserves? Basically some dilemma applies to Ramsey, Gibbs, Merida, Mannone.

Does anyone know how to improve my team I'd like to keep it a 4-4-2 but the tactics is the bit I'm stuck on.

Ive made some brilliant signings for my wigan team but cant seem to get good results in the league and cant find the right tactics can someone please help me!!!

Real Madrid Tactics please.

rmfc.jpg

Right, it is the second season and this tactic thing is really a pain for me.

Before buying Kaka, Bojan, Arfa...

For my first season I had Normal Real Madrid Team but with Buononette, Balotelli (to support my wingers/ amazing signings I must admit)

I used the tactic shown in the image.

GK as normal as with the defenders and full backs and defensive midfield.

Midfielders act like attacking midfield, wingers as normal but crossing to rarely so that they show their class beat their markers get close on goal, shoot/pass. (Very effective, scored a few goals with my wingers just beating everyone and going for goal from the sides.)

Striker as normal.

With this tactic I had a streak of 40+ games WITHOUT LOSING, but the problem was I got a few draws. My team had lack of finishing even with the class of players I had at that time. This cost me the League Cup and the ECC. Came runners-up in both >.< just because my players couldn't score. 10/10 for defence but **** attack.

Second season got Kaka (85m but boosted my profits from 50m to 180m), Renan (cheap came in Season 1 break), Zapata (cheap in season 1 break), Ben Arfa (19m seems like a talent) and Bojan (barca let him go :O so snatched him! FREE !)

Got rid of the old timers, Raul, Guti, Dudek, Codina.

Now I believe the team I have now is well talented and can destroy the opposition, but I need tactics that can utilise my weapons properly.

Please help me out, looking forward to hearing from you lot soon :D

Last edited:
G'day guys just wondering if I could grab some help in regards to my Arsenal side. I'm looking to play a 4-1-3-1 formation and the best side I can put out atm resembles this:

Defenders: Toure/Gallas
LFB: Clichy
RFB: Sagna
CM: Cesc
CM: Ramsey
AML: Capel
AMC: Nasri
AMR: Walcott
ST: Adebyor

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Heya, new here! Just wondering how to start off with Arsenal? I've tried loads of different tactics, all the standard ones and I've downloaded a few from this site, but whatever I do, once the premiership starts I can't seem to beat anyone. For my first match vs newcastle I tried saving just before the match and loading/tweaking tactics about 30 times, never once got a win.
Only new player I've brought in is Shawcross (then fleck and fiorillo but they arn't really up to first team standard yet). Am I doing something SO drastically wrong?
Any help would be appreciated :)

What kind of Passing style should Slow tempo and Quick Tempo play with ?

Thanks .

right firstly im new this is my first post.
secondly can any 1 recomend a good training regeime for Rochdale AFC of football league 2 and a good tactic to play if you want any more info about my team just ask it would be really helpfull thanks