What Team Should I be? - FM 2014

iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
Struggling to choose which team to be on FM14? Feel free to ask fellow members here for suggestions. If you could add information such as;

Preferred League:
Financial information:
Expected position: (I.e Winners, Mid-table etc)
Training/youth facilities:

Last edited:
I like to try leagues from outside the big ones. Last game I went for the Danish Superliga with Brondby.
I would like a team with alright budget, expected top half finish, and some good youth facilities.
Any recommendations?

I like to try leagues from outside the big ones. Last game I went for the Danish Superliga with Brondby.
I would like a team with alright budget, expected top half finish, and some good youth facilities.
Any recommendations?

crewe in league one, quiet a lot of good youngsters, bit of money to spend but you can sell max clayton for 1.9m (spurrs bought him and loaned straight back to me) nd then you get majority of that back in your transfer budget,he's leaving on a free at end of season and wont sign a new contract so i cashed in on him

I usually start with a champions league team like (Juventus or Real Madrid). Who do you i suggest i be? A team who would finish in the quarter finals off the champions league irl would be nice.

Would prefer Europe, but it doesn't matter as long as it's not France or Italy
a mid table team or a team expecting promotion in the second tier of their country, that would be good for a 41212 setup like this?
2e5bd5bca8949ca2edbac80fe06ef2a8.png

Mainly looking to test out the tactic but hopefully it could turn into a full time save. :)

Preferred league: BPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, Liga BBVA
Budget: atleast 4 million €
Expected position:
BPL - anyone but United, City, Liverpool, Spurs or Chelsea.
Serie A - Euro League or challenging for Euro League
Bundesliga - same as Serie A
BBVA: Same as Serie A and Bundesliga

If possible, the team should have a star player who I can build the squad around.

OR

Which of the following teams from the Eredivisie?
Herenveen
Vitesse
Feynoord
Twente

I want a team in the second division in Spain, with no ties whatsoever to any suggadaddies or any history of it. Best would be a team similar to Swansea, where the supporters have a large say in club bussiness, and where good communication between the club and its supporter base is a reality.

Season expectations or club economy doesn't matter, as long as what I said above fits the team.

I want to controll a "good-guy" team from the second division to raise into a new super-power of football, just like I did with Brighton in FM13.

Any recommendations?

red star belgrade

try and break partizans league dominance

I want a team in the second division in Spain, with no ties whatsoever to any suggadaddies or any history of it. Best would be a team similar to Swansea, where the supporters have a large say in club bussiness, and where good communication between the club and its supporter base is a reality.

Season expectations or club economy doesn't matter, as long as what I said above fits the team.

I want to controll a "good-guy" team from the second division to raise into a new super-power of football, just like I did with Brighton in FM13.

Real Sporting de Gijon.

I usually start with a champions league team like (Juventus or Real Madrid). Who do you i suggest i be? A team who would finish in the quarter finals off the champions league irl would be nice.

Give Man City a try. They have a very good team to start with and a nice allowance for transfers. On top of that, they do have some holes in their roster and I always try to get the salaries in the $2.5 million range which is not easy given the contracts.

OR

Herenveen
Vitesse
Feynoord
Twente

Feijenoord has a great, young squad but not much money for transfers. A good but not too difficult challenge to win the Eredivisie with. If you can keep the team intact you're in with a shout.

Hull City is severely lacking silverware, so I'm going to try to lead them to European Glory... eventually.

Feijenoord has a great, young squad but not much money for transfers. A good but not too difficult challenge to win the Eredivisie with. If you can keep the team intact you're in with a shout.
Vitesse has the money, but is a toy of Abramovic and Chelsea..
Feyenoord has no money but great potential.
Twente lost almost all their quality players.
Heerenveen has a nice squad with Finnbogason. Nice 4-3-3 team

Vitesse has the money, but is a toy of Abramovic and Chelsea..
Feyenoord has no money but great potential.
Twente lost almost all their quality players.
Heerenveen has a nice squad with Finnbogason. Nice 4-3-3 team
How good are PSV and AZ now? I know Ajax're still the top dogs, but I haven't heard much about the other two in the last couple of years.

Preferred league: BPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, Liga BBVA
Budget: atleast 4 million ?
Expected position:
BPL - anyone but United, City, Liverpool, Spurs or Chelsea.
Serie A - Euro League or challenging for Euro League
Bundesliga - same as Serie A
BBVA: Same as Serie A and Bundesliga

If possible, the team should have a star player who I can build the squad around.

OR

Herenveen
Vitesse
Feynoord
Twente

From the eredivisie i can recommend Vitesse, good transfer funds and facilities. High expactations though.
Otherwise Athletico Madrid, Hannover96 or Fiorentina or Lazio Roma.
From the BPL people seem to do well with Southampton

Aston Villa youthful squad few good youths in u21 and 18s top training facilities... but ?0 transfer....ive loved the challenge so far