Whats your Favourite sport?????

• Thread starter Thread starter Louis H
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 6K

Your Favourite Sport???

• Total voters
Nah it's not because i'm rubbish, i am though:P, it's because i'd rather watch paint dry or shoot myself in the foot.:D But if you like it that's fine, just not my cup of tea.

Thats cool fella. Just didn't like you saying its a pathetic sport, but if it's not your cup of tea, that's cool man.

What I dont like about darts i the players think they are athletes. Really theres just drunks with too much time on their hands.

Have you ever played darts? Clearly not. Well let me enlighten you then. Pro darts players don't have a full time job, because darts is their full time job. Most players practice for anything up to 8-12 hours a day. I beg you to throw darts for even 4 hours and tell me their not athletes.
Dart players are just drunks with too much time on their hands? Please enlighten me how you come to that conclusion

i agree with that it would ****** tire anyone out without training

your wrist and elbow has to withstand a fair bit of starin plus you can't lose concentration...ever

i know your eyes hurt and then you get that 180 you were waiting for and then you dont get another 1 for weeks. LOL

Thats cool fella. Just didn't like you saying its a pathetic sport, but if it's not your cup of tea, that's cool man.

Have you ever played darts? Clearly not. Well let me enlighten you then. Pro darts players don't have a full time job, because darts is their full time job. Most players practice for anything up to 8-12 hours a day. I beg you to throw darts for even 4 hours and tell me their not athletes.
Dart players are just drunks with too much time on their hands? Please enlighten me how you come to that conclusion

Its one of the few sports that your allowed to drink alcohol during. I actually have a darts board but playing it for 12 hours a day somehow I doubt most darts players are awake 12 hours a day. I could bare to throw darts fot 4 hours its mind numbing after a while. Probably why they have the alcohol. Please I may not know much about darts but they are certainly not athletes.

thats incorrect youre not allowed to drink alcohol during Darts according to the offcial rules

Its one of the few sports that your allowed to drink alcohol during. I actually have a darts board but playing it for 12 hours a day somehow I doubt most darts players are awake 12 hours a day. I could bare to throw darts fot 4 hours its mind numbing after a while. Probably why they have the alcohol. Please I may not know much about darts but they are certainly not athletes.

Unfortunatley your judgement of darts players has been clouded by the media. The media picture dart players as beer bellied people who just stand at an oche and throw these small spears. This leads to people like you having actually no idea what happens in darts.

Firstly, pro dart players are not allowed to drink during competitions. This includes both codes, the PDC and the BDO. They are not even allowed to bring any drink of their own in and must only drink water.

Secondly, i'm not asking you to throw darts at the board for 4 hours because you like it, i'm asking you to throw darts at the board for 4 hours and tell me dart players are not athletes. Just because of the past that dart players were allowed to drink and smoke on stage, you get people like you that haven't got a clue what actually goes on and assume that they are just beer louts and not athletes.

I'm not asking you to like darts but if someone dis-respects something that I love, then expect a reaction

No doubt you'll come back with an uneducated response

With the people that say Darts isnt a sport and saying they are all fat look at James Wade for example....probably the 4th best darts player in the wrodl at the moment and no fatness at all

It has to be Union over league,

League get boring and it easy to predict

So Rugby Union for me and its a sport I played for many years as a child

My local Rugby Union team are like a Yo-Yo they kepp going between prem and division 1(bristol)

Love watching F1,so glad Button won the title this year! Basketball's pretty exciting also but i voted for boxing<nothing better than watching 2 grown men pummel each other into oblivion! UFC rocks too!

I never said its not a sport. And ok I'll hold my hands up and admit to being wrong about the alcoholl I guess your right I picked that up off the media. But I stand by that they are not athletes. Not 100% but is an athlete not someone who akes part in a physical sport. Which I wouldnt say darts is.

Well i dont oppose your views but they are fitter than what you think

Im sure they are not all big fatties but they arent athletic, its not an athletic sport therefor they are not athletes.

You seen the rugby players body (not sounding gay)

Back