When Raikan007 and OoScotsmanoO Got Together - Short and Sweaty 4-4-2

you set all midfielders training as passing how about defenders and fowards, should i set passing too?

I'll try it out. Dont give a hoot if it doesnt work for small teams to be honest. Looks impressive

you set all midfielders training as passing how about defenders and fowards, should i set passing too?

Every outfield player Set to passing,
Goalkeepers set to positioning.

Cheese everyone who has Got in touch so far. Would have been possible without Riakan

Im currently doing a few tests with Spurs and continueing my game at manchester united.

Anderson has about 110 passes per game now which i think is Fantastic.
this tactic Does however have the same Flaws as short and sweet. you need TOP TOP players and away games are not Easy.

Im fiddling around with the Instructions trying to create a more stable version.

i test with your tactic but only can score 1 or 2 goals average.

If you read the Op i state its not a goals tactic, its a passing tactic.

its a Realistic tactic.

Unrelated Statement

For those moaning about me using manchester united, I think you should get down from your high horse and go have a look at Every tactic thats been created on this website, Every 1 that you praise is Probs been made for manchester or barce. But i dont see you saying these things there... hypocrisy In my eyes.

This is a World class team tactic, Not designed for Low teams. Although it might work i havnt tested it with low teams.
This tactic Isnt great away from home But im working on it
This tactic Kills small teams but inconsistant against Larger teams.
This isnt a Goals Galore or 6 goals per game tactic thats Unrealistic

This tactic is perfect for those who are real football fans, those who Love football and Understand Realism.
If you are only interested in goals then this isnt for you.

Have a look at my Attack! Attack! tactic which isnt Realistic in real life lots of goals..

Just wanted to sort this out
Im trying to put together an Array of Tactics Suitable for all users on this site
Ive done the Attacking version
the passing version
Made a Defencive 1 which was incredible but didnt recive any intrest might remake it

I dont want to anger anyone and i see no reason why people should act critical about something without proper Reasoning.

Last edited:
yes, as every player gets invovled in the passing, and im trying to make sure Unlike the majoirty of Passing tactics its always defenders who get the most passing. I want to see the Midfield have the most. So having all mids and Forwards it keeps the ball forward and higher up the pitch :)

hope this helps.

I understand what you're trying to do with placing all midfielders and forwards in both lists - the theory is great, keep the ball at the top of the pitch - where it hurts the opposition! But in reality, the game will only take note of the player at the top of the list - if he gets subbed, it makes the second player in the list the new playmaker/target man. So it doesn't really matter how many players you've got in that list, apart from the top one - all the others are ignored!!

I understand what you're trying to do with placing all midfielders and forwards in both lists - the theory is great, keep the ball at the top of the pitch - where it hurts the opposition! But in reality, the game will only take note of the player at the top of the list - if he gets subbed, it makes the second player in the list the new playmaker/target man. So it doesn't really matter how many players you've got in that list, apart from the top one - all the others are ignored!!

Really, This Confuses me because ive heard that it takes into account the players listed, this is news to my eyes

Concidering Carrick was top on mine and anderson was 2nd, Anderson averaged 50+ more passes then carrick

If this is the case, then it kinda destroys my Theory

Last edited:
Can you make this tactic for modern tactic?

At first i thought no because of my theory about playmakers and targetmen.
It may be possible to make thne modern will see what i can do. But the reason behind classic is to avoid the Questions about what players go where plus the roles debate.

I may attempt the modern version.

Really, This Confuses me because ive heard that it takes into account the players listed, this is news to my eyes

Concidering Carrick was top on mine and anderson was 2nd, Anderson averaged 50+ more passes then carrick

If this is the case, then it kinda destroys my Theory

Mate, don't get the wrong idea - didn't mean to rain on your parade - and I'm not one of those who come on here moaning about a tactic that somebody has taken the time and trouble to share - so, all credit to you!
In your screenshot on the OP, Anderson is at the top of the list and Carrick is second - did you reverse them at any time during your save - 'cos you say Anderson got 50+ more passes? - But you wonder why, 'cos he was 2nd?
Has anybody else got any ideas on the playmaker list theory - I stand to be corrected??
In the meantime mate, I'm a sucker for 4-4-2 tactics. so I'll test the tactic and follow your instructions and let you know what happens!!

Mate, don't get the wrong idea - didn't mean to rain on your parade - and I'm not one of those who come on here moaning about a tactic that somebody has taken the time and trouble to share - so, all credit to you!
In your screenshot on the OP, Anderson is at the top of the list and Carrick is second - did you reverse them at any time during your save - 'cos you say Anderson got 50+ more passes? - But you wonder why, 'cos he was 2nd?
Has anybody else got any ideas on the playmaker list theory - I stand to be corrected??
In the meantime mate, I'm a sucker for 4-4-2 tactics. so I'll test the tactic and follow your instructions and let you know what happens!!

Im always game for a debate Red ahah. I wasnt aware in my Op anderson was top. I was sure he was 2nd But id thats the case I cant really argue the fact.

I will push on with more testing, Im sturggling to keep momentum but its beucase of the lack of Chances. if anyone can increase the chances and Keep the 100+ passing per game. please all help welcome.

Hi all

I've been using this with tactic with Leamington FC in the Evo-Stick Southern Prem and have had some decent success with.
I Knew i was never going to get the results that you did due the huge differance in player ability.

My first thought when installing the tactic was what will need changing to get the best results for my team so i changed the following (i use the numbered sliders):
Mentallity Normal 13 to Attacking 15 As you had trouble with lack if chances with Man U i would need my team to be more attacking.
Creative Freedom Normal 7 to Little 1 Didnt want them to have any freedom and just stick to the tactic
Passing Style Short 2 to Short 4 Not many good passes of the ball
Tempo Quick 15 to Normal 12 Playing a quicker tempo they would have given the ball away more (May even lower it more yet)
Width Normal 6 to Normal 8 just as i had all ready set pitch size to standard
Closing Down Left alone
Time Wasting Changed in game depending upon different situations
Defensive Line Push up 20 to Push up 16 poor defence did not want to caught short at the back
Only other changes really was Play Offsides turned off due to poor defence again and Counter Attack turned off but turned on sometimes if i was being pegged back in my half and unable to get up the pitch.
Also changed a few player instructions if i had a player say with only 1 or 2 off the ball attribrute i would make him stop running from deep so often.

Anyway thats the changes i made as for the results i had i was predicted 14th pre season and got promoted via play offs.
Finished 5th Pld 42 W 21 D 7 L 14 F 61 A 38 Pts 70

Over the season my team has attempted on average 315 passes per game and completed 248 passes per game which would over 75% pass completion of top of my head. Also kept 16 clean sheets and didnt lose a game by more than one goal whilst using this tactic.

When watcing my games i saw lots of good short passing some very good movement and very nice build up play from a poor side so it can be used for lower league teams you just need to adjust the sliders here and there to suit you players.

Thanks goes to you both for great tactic

having 7 players on TM and Playmaker lists as mentioned will not make them all players who receive the ball! If the player at the top of the list starts, he is the TM and playmaker, if subbed, succession takes place :)

Used it once or twice in my Tottenham save, not nearly as much possession but was only half full and used it once vs a big team, I think I won 2:1 which was fine, working on two new tactics of my own at the moment though :)

At first i thought no because of my theory about playmakers and targetmen.
It may be possible to make thne modern will see what i can do. But the reason behind classic is to avoid the Questions about what players go where plus the roles debate.

I may attempt the modern version.

i'm sorry but i still dont understand about playmakers and targetman theory... If you dont mind, can you explain me about that theory? Thank you for your replying...

I cant really see the meaning with a tactic that focus so much on passes.. I fully understand the idea in "more passes and possesion should increase the chances to take a shot on goal" but im more focused on scoring goals and winning the games so maybe this tactic isnt the one for me :< Btw. scotsman when are you going to make a tactic which uses a AMC with two strikers also? :D

This tactic Isnt For everyone I get that. This was uploaded because of a few unique passig results and i know some managers on here Love high passing tactics. Ive had a medium to good Season at Manchester United Sitting around the top 3 al season, Having a Proper Dog fight of a title race was fantastic.

My Theory about playmakers and Target men was simple.

Have All midfileders and Forwards Set to both Target men and Playmakers List
I was under the impression that the game Read these and Counted everyone In these lists.

By doing the above I wanted to have the ball in possession in the final Thrid of the pitch Much Like Barcelona do, Week in week out, I belive that i have achived this.

If you look at the majority of Possession tactics / passing tactics its always a DM or the DC's which have the most passes, This is because the Team is playing far too Defencive and the DM is the PM TM, This often comes across in game the possession is all in the middle or Goal area of your team.

My theory was Blown out the water when its been confirmed that the PM and TM lists Only count the Top player in the list.
this got me thinking abit more about the working of this tactic.

My aim was to Keep the ball higher up the park and keep the Possession useing that theory. Seen as this theory isnt Correct I must have done somethign right when ive still managed to keep the ball higher up the park.

things your should know about the tactics i try to make is that im making stuff for all types of managers.
I have my all guns blazing Attack Attack!! which got my 211 goals in 62 games - its own effective corner tactic which was in increase the amount of goals.

Ive now got this Possession / passing tactic which was a hybrid version of Raiken007's Short and Sweet < possibly the best Tactic Designed for Passing and possetion, Its also far more Consistant. I asked the Permission from raiken if i could use his Base tactic to allow me to make my own which was granted and i thank raiken for that.

I didnt once say anything about this tactic Being a League Destroying tactic nor anything about this beeing Consistant.
its Effective against teams in the lower half of the league - Not so Consistant away from home I belive Raiken has the same issue, this is down to FM12 12.1.1 AI's ability to score every game using COunter attacking football.

Ive lost count fo the games where ive had 20 shots to the AI's 1 and the score is 0-1 down. 12.1.1 biggest Problem in my opinion.

let me just give you some facts about Possession football from real life.

We all know that barce is the best team in the world, some say real, some say Barce, I think barce mainly because of the way they play football..

They Do not want to win a game playing bad football, they would rather lose a game playing great to watch football.
BBVA table is as follows.

1st Real Madrid Played 22 Won 19 drew 1 lost 2 Scored 75 Against 21 GD 54 points 58
2nd Barcelona Played 22 Won 14 Drew 6 lost 2 Scored 63 Against 16 GD 47 Points 48

In my Manchester united save Im completing around the same passing as Barce getting a bigger Points return
So in my eyes this tactic Playes football th same way barcelona play in real life With Players who arnt known for Amazing passing ability.

If you ask what team plays better football 9/10 will say Barce, because of the way they Dominate Possession in the final third of the pitch, Looking for An opening to create a chance. < thats almost Identical to what Raikan and myself have in the possession tactis.

These Tactics Are Realistic Barce tactics.

I Understand that this is a game and people done really care about this because they only want to see the score line. This is not how i like to play Football manager Hence why i done this.

Its a Good - Realistic - Fun to watch passing tactic which makes for an intresting season.

If you dont like this tactic then By all meens you can pick something else, there are plenty to pick from. High scoreing to Amazing defence to passing tactics, even some Wacky and strange formation ones too.

All i ask is that If you come on here with Critisism atleast take the time to have a look at the facts.
if you want to Continue using i will be happy, Even try make it better Because i did say this was a Work in progress. its no where near stable enough to be a World Beating tactic, Who knows it might never become that.

Anyway If you reach the bottom of this post then you Deserve a Chocolate Lollypop.

Last edited:
This tactic Isnt For everyone I get that. This was uploaded because of a few unique passig results and i know some managers on here Love high passing tactics. Ive had a medium to good Season at Manchester United Sitting around the top 3 al season, Having a Proper Dog fight of a title race was fantastic.

My Theory about playmakers and Target men was simple.

Have All midfileders and Forwards Set to both Target men and Playmakers List
I was under the impression that the game Read these and Counted everyone In these lists.

By doing the above I wanted to have the ball in possession in the final Thrid of the pitch Much Like Barcelona do, Week in week out, I belive that i have achived this.

If you look at the majority of Possession tactics / passing tactics its always a DM or the DC's which have the most passes, This is because the Team is playing far too Defencive and the DM is the PM TM, This often comes across in game the possession is all in the middle or Goal area of your team.

My theory was Blown out the water when its been confirmed that the PM and TM lists Only count the Top player in the list.
this got me thinking abit more about the working of this tactic.

My aim was to Keep the ball higher up the park and keep the Possession useing that theory. Seen as this theory isnt Correct I must have done somethign right when ive still managed to keep the ball higher up the park.

things your should know about the tactics i try to make is that im making stuff for all types of managers.
I have my all guns blazing Attack Attack!! which got my 211 goals in 62 games - its own effective corner tactic which was in increase the amount of goals.

Ive now got this Possession / passing tactic which was a hybrid version of Raiken007's Short and Sweet < possibly the best Tactic Designed for Passing and possetion, Its also far more Consistant. I asked the Permission from raiken if i could use his Base tactic to allow me to make my own which was granted and i thank raiken for that.

I didnt once say anything about this tactic Being a League Destroying tactic nor anything about this beeing Consistant.
its Effective against teams in the lower half of the league - Not so Consistant away from home I belive Raiken has the same issue, this is down to FM12 12.1.1 AI's ability to score every game using COunter attacking football.

Ive lost count fo the games where ive had 20 shots to the AI's 1 and the score is 0-1 down. 12.1.1 biggest Problem in my opinion.

let me just give you some facts about Possession football from real life.

We all know that barce is the best team in the world, some say real, some say Barce, I think barce mainly because of the way they play football..

They Do not want to win a game playing bad football, they would rather lose a game playing great to watch football.
BBVA table is as follows.

1st Real Madrid Played 22 Won 19 drew 1 lost 2 Scored 75 Against 21 GD 54 points 58
2nd Barcelona Played 22 Won 14 Drew 6 lost 2 Scored 63 Against 16 GD 47 Points 48

In my Manchester united save Im completing around the same passing as Barce getting a bigger Points return
So in my eyes this tactic Playes football th same way barcelona play in real life With Players who arnt known for Amazing passing ability.

If you ask what team plays better football 9/10 will say Barce, because of the way they Dominate Possession in the final third of the pitch, Looking for An opening to create a chance. < thats almost Identical to what Raikan and myself have in the possession tactis.

These Tactics Are Realistic Barce tactics.

I Understand that this is a game and people done really care about this because they only want to see the score line. This is not how i like to play Football manager Hence why i done this.

Its a Good - Realistic - Fun to watch passing tactic which makes for an intresting season.

If you dont like this tactic then By all meens you can pick something else, there are plenty to pick from. High scoreing to Amazing defence to passing tactics, even some Wacky and strange formation ones too.

All i ask is that If you come on here with Critisism atleast take the time to have a look at the facts.
if you want to Continue using i will be happy, Even try make it better Because i did say this was a Work in progress. its no where near stable enough to be a World Beating tactic, Who knows it might never become that.

Anyway If you reach the bottom of this post then you Deserve a Chocolate Lollypop.
Is the post for me? If it yes then i will take time to write a proper answer! :)