Awards

Player of the Season: This was a very difficult award to give everyone played really well at different times during the season and stepped up when other players did not perform but I have to give it too Mario Gomez without his goals we would not have scored as many as we did or win the trophies we did

Young Player of the Season: This was another hard award to give out could have easily gone to Verratti but he joined half way through the season so it has to go to Isco. He came in and done a very good job and even scored and assists

Signing of the Season: Eden Hazard We spend a lot of money on him and he did not disappoint with some stand out performances and really stepped up for the team.

Summary

We defended the Super Cup with a 5-1 agg win over Sevilla. We went unbeaten in the league till March and we won the league by 14 points. We finished on 104 points with a goal difference of +95. We also won the Uefa Super Cup at the end of August. We also managed to defend the Champions League but this was not as easy as the year before because our away form was pretty poor. We lost the Copa Del Rey final. Mario Gomez scored 74 goals overall and 44 in the league.

I decided to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season I had taken them as far as I could wining back to back leagues and Champions League. As you can see in my pervious post I delayed the Chelsa job. However Sir Alex Fugusion retired and I was offered the Man Utd job but which one would I take.

Chelsea

The Chelsea board offered me a weekly wage of 85K. I was also given a £21M transfer budget if I accepted.
Reason for accepting
Ever since Chelsea won the Champions League for the first time they have been on a downhill slide failing to qualify for the Champions League season after season. It would be a good challenge for me to try and get them back to where they were. Also Chelsea is the team I support so this would be my dream job

Manchester United

The Manchester United board offered my wages of 115K per week. I was also given a transfer budget of £87M and a wage budget of 2.1K

Reasons for accepting
Man City were taking over the Premier League having won it twice in a row so my challenge would be getting the title off them and wining the Champions League a trophy United have not one since 2008.

Stay tuned to find out which club I join

Last edited:
June

5/6/15 England vs Turkey (European Championship Qualifying Group I) 4-1

Welbeck (3), Oxlade-Chamberlain

A good win which puts us top of the group with 4 games to go

9/6/15 Azerbaijan vs England (European Championship Qualifying Group I) 1-5

Smalling, Welbeck (2), Lennon, Oxlade-Chamberlain

A good comeback win. Puts us within 2 points of qualifying for the Euros

Table

As you can see I chose to join Man Utd. I took me a while to think about it but Man Utd project excited me the most. Hopefully I can repeat my success that I had with Real with Man Utd.

Tactics

I will be playing 4-1-3-2 which was my back up tactic at Real Madrid

Preseason
13/7/17 Benfica(BRB) vs Man Utd 0-12

Rooney (4), Hamsik (3), Ramos, Evra, Bernard, OG (2)

A good win to start pre season although got much bigger tests ahead

15/7/15 Pinelands vs Man Utd 1-9

Rooney, Welbeck (2), Huutelaar (3), Bernard, Shaqiri (2)

Another good performence and the team was gelling together nicely bit disappointed not to keep a clean sheet but it is only pre season

17/7/15 BDF vs Man Utd 1-4

Huntelaar (2), OG (2)

Good to see Huntelaar scoring goals what I bought him to do but still leaky at the back

21/7/15 Man Utd vs Leicester 1-2

OG

Very disappointing we should have been easily beating them and we only had 5 shots which was worrying

24/7/15 Jeju vs Man Utd
1-3

Van Persie (2), Huntelaar

Robin Van Persie scored his first two goals of preseason in an easy 3-1 victory

27/7/15 Suwon vs Man Utd 3-5

Rooney (2), Huntelaar (2), Bernard

The goals had started flowing again but we were still conceding too many

31/7/15 Ulsan vs Man Utd 3-4

Cavani, Van Persie (2), Santon

A great game which saw Cavani start and net the winner this was his first game for us after being at the Copa America

5/7/15 Antwerp vs Man Utd 1-4

Cavani, Hamsik, El Shaarawy, OG

A good final match of preseason and we were looking good for the start of the season
Transfers In:

Sergio Ramos £20M: A player which I really liked at Real Madrid followed me to Old Trafford and I needed another right back and he seemed like the perfect player.

Davide Santon £12.75M: We were short of quality at Left Back with Evra being our only one, so in came Santon he is only 24 and is looking good in pre season.

Frank Ribery Free: Signed Ribery on a free transfer when his contract ran out at Bayern Munich will be back up but a good replacement incase of any injuries.

Stephan El Shaarawy £42.5M I had been tracking him for a long time tried to buy when at Dortmand and Real Madrid but they would not sell. Can play anywhere along the front 3 and going to be world beater for sure

Klass-Jan Huntelaar £9.25M A born finisher. Last Season Rooney and Van Persie were injured and I needed a world class replacement and Huntelaar fit the bill perfectly

Edinson Cavani £44.5M Final signing of the summer and what a signing. He will be our first choice striker to play along side Van Persie and now got 4 world class strikers at the club.

Transfers Out:

Ashley Young £8.75M Did not really cut it last season and with Ribery and El Shaarawy coming in I had too many attacking midfielders

Shinji Kagawa £13.75M The fans were not happy with me for letting him go but with better players in his position it was time he moved on

Nani £20M I would have liked to have kept him but when Barcelona came in with that money I had to accept it hopefully we won't miss him too much

Javier Hernandez £12M With the strikers that I have brought in one had to go and it was Hernandez we won't miss him too much

Last edited: