White Vaart Lane!!

Tehkid

Reaction score
well many of you have probably heard, VDV may be on his way to spurs but what do you think of the transfer? and how do you think he will fit in the squad? =]

well many of you have probably heard, VDV may be on his way to spurs but what do you think of the transfer? and how do you think he will fit in the squad? =]

1. He hasn't signed yet.
2. You have a ridiculous amount of central midfielders.
3. I reckon he'll need time to adapt.

Wow, did you think of that title yourself? (H)

Thought not. :)

I think that (If it does happen) he will take us onto another level, world class midfielder that scored lots of goals :wub:

With all due respect would it not have been better for Harry to have signed a centreback?

How many players like him do you actually need, It's a good signing but Redknapp surely must be shipping out someone to bring in VDV.

he has signed, 11 million, 4 year deal! He is very proud of his transfer, always wanted to see Van Der Vaart in the EPL, i think he is going to be a fantastic signing, Sandro also just arrived as well after winning the Copa de Liberataros (sp)

meh, good marquee signing to keep the fans happy. hes a very good player, one i really like, but not sure hes gonna take spurs to another level, since midfield is the one place you dont need strengthening. where is the defender you need as cover? or the poweful lone striker so you can play a 3 man mid in europe?

So Spurs central midfield options now are.. Huddlestone, Palacios, Modric, Kranjcar (he can play there sort of), Sandro, Jenas (if he didnt leave yesterday) and VDV (if he's officially gone there now), O'Hara, and even Bentley can possibly play there at a push, and maybe 1 or 2 I've also missed out?

That's a lot of players for a position that only 2 of them will start in, but then again I guess you need a big squad for Europe etc.. Anyway it looks good for Spurs, hopefully it won't stretch them financially though.

he has signed, 11 million, 4 year deal! He is very proud of his transfer, always wanted to see Van Der Vaart in the EPL, i think he is going to be a fantastic signing, Sandro also just arrived as well after winning the Copa de Liberataros (sp)

Proof?
I though it was 8m as well?

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

meh, good marquee signing to keep the fans happy. hes a very good player, one i really like, but not sure hes gonna take spurs to another level, since midfield is the one place you dont need strengthening. where is the defender you need as cover? or the poweful lone striker so you can play a 3 man mid in europe?

Gallas?

King, Dawson, Woodgate (if he ever comes back), Bassong, Kaboul, Huddlestone can play there, Corluka can slot in.

Enough?

The end for Bentley, who I never rated anyway. A very selfish player but at his best can change a game.

I think Van Der Vaart will slot in behind the striker, where Kranjcar/Modric would have played, meaning that it could be the end of Kranjcar and hopefully, Jenas.

Proof?
I though it was 8m as well?

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Gallas?

King, Dawson, Woodgate (if he ever comes back), Bassong, Kaboul, Huddlestone can play there, Corluka can slot in.

Enough?
ah forgot that gallas had arrived, still doesnt cover the striker (the key point in all this, as ive said about spurs before)

Wow, did you think of that title yourself? (H)

Thought not. :)

ws most defenetly on the back of the sun news paper lol

and i know its not official or anything yet, just wanted to know peoples opinions if we actually needed him.

i was thinking maybe harry will switch around to a 4-4-1-1 occasionally and have more rotation in the squad? but yeah just wanted to get some thoughts on the matter =]

Gomes
Assou-Ekotto------Dawson------King------Corluka
Lennon------Huddlestone----Palacios/Modric----Bale
Van Der Vaart
Crouch/Defoe/Pav​

ah forgot that gallas had arrived, still doesnt cover the striker (the key point in all this, as ive said about spurs before)

I know, apparently Redknapp is content with his striker oO).

I am baffled, We have 4 strikers which are enough, but none of them can play up front on there own really, which is what we need when playing away from home. It's strange as all through pre-season Redknapp was playing 4-5-1 and said he wants to do that away from home, then as soon as the season starts its back to 4-4-2 where we got smashed against Young Boys.

The problem with our strikers is that Keane, although he tries hard, is no longer good enough, Defoe isnt big enough to play up top on his own, and is very poor against good defences, Pav is too lazy, doesnt try hard enough but has ability, and Crouch is probably the most suited for playing up front on his own, but is too feeble for someone of his size, and is not good enough in the air tbh. So we have missed out big time in attracting a new striker. So now its going to be even harder to slot everyone in, as I dont think we'll play 4-5-1. But that's what Redknapp is there for i suppose lol.

So, if they are going for 4-4-1-1 in Europe (speculation)

Strongest:

Gomes

Corluka Dawson King/Gallas Assou-Ekotto

Lennon Modric/Palacios Huddlestone Bale

Kranjcar/Gio/VDV/Modric​

?????​

If I were the manager, well, I would have bought a striker, but it's too late for that, anyway. I don't think you can play Modric and Huddlestone in the Centre of midfield. Maybe because of the immobility and the fact Huddlestone isn't really comfortable at tackling. For this I would play Palacios. That already means dropping Hudd/Modric if VDV is slotting straight in. I think Spurs really need to get their priorities

The problem remains, they have just bought him because he's Van Der Vaart. Wherever he is going to play is a very crowded area, so I think it's shocking they haven't got a striker who can play up front on his own, so for this reason, I can't see them going past the QF at maximum

Gomes
Assou-Ekotto------Dawson------King------Corluka
Lennon------Huddlestone----Palacios/Modric----Bale
Van Der Vaart
Crouch/Defoe/Pav​

Aren't the full backs on opposite sides with you?

I know, apparently Redknapp is content with his striker oO).

I am baffled, We have 4 strikers which are enough, but none of them can play up front on there own really, which is what we need when playing away from home. It's strange as all through pre-season Redknapp was playing 4-5-1 and said he wants to do that away from home, then as soon as the season starts its back to 4-4-2 where we got smashed against Young Boys.

The problem with our strikers is that Keane, although he tries hard, is no longer good enough, Defoe isnt big enough to play up top on his own, and is very poor against good defences, Pav is too lazy, doesnt try hard enough but has ability, and Crouch is probably the most suited for playing up front on his own, but is too feeble for someone of his size, and is not good enough in the air tbh. So we have missed out big time in attracting a new striker. So now its going to be even harder to slot everyone in, as I dont think we'll play 4-5-1. But that's what Redknapp is there for i suppose lol.
very strange. like say 8 or 11 million, either way thats a great price for van der vaart but as you say only cause more headaches in midfield and doesnt solve the key problem. because you dont want to go away to any of the teams you're up against in the CL and play 4-4-2, and ideally you wouldnt do it against the better sides in the prem either.