White Vaart Lane!!

who cares about ozil or khedira,? this thread is about van der vaart. the term world class is fairly subjective. we can all agree its a very good signing, lets not quibble over the minutae

For those who dont know much about him just a few little details.

The Holland international came through the ranks at Ajax and won two league titles during 141 appearances with the Eredivisie side, scoring 60 goals before leaving for Hamburg in the summer of 2005.
The attacking midfielder, 27, was the Bundesliga side's leading scorer in his first season in Germany and went on to captain the side before joining Real Madrid ahead of the 2007/08 campaign.
Rafael has been capped by Holland a total of 83 times, scoring 16 goals, since making his international debut against Andorra in 2001 at the age of 18.
He has since represented the Netherlands at two European Championships and two World Cups, including this summer's tournament in South Africa where he featured five times in the side's run to the Final.

Some more of these in a Spurs shirt and I will be more than happy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R01gGEIB9z4&feature=fvw"]YouTube- Rafael Van der Vaart - Top 20 Goals[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEaI8jEJq2U&feature=related"]YouTube- rafael van der vaart great goal against arsenal[/ame]

Last edited:
I dont get why they went for Vaart in the first place anyway, surely if tottenham are going to play a five man midfield Modric will get the more advanced role and the other croatian will slot in center mid with huddlestone and bale and lennon as wingers as they are proven premiership players. Do you think vaart will be happy on the bench?.

Not that i care as im a Arsenal fan.

Last edited:
Bale will probably slot back into the left back position. Kranjcar will be used as a sub most likely while Modric and Van der Vaart will switch between midfield and left side. Thats what I am thinking anyway.

I dont get why they went for Vaart in the first place anyway, surely if tottenham are going to play a five man midfield Modric will get the more advanced role and the other croatian will slot in center mid with huddlestone and bale and lennon as wingers as they are proven premiership players. Do you think vaart will be happy on the bench?.

The general assumption if Spurs opt for a 5 man midfield would be to play Modric as a central midfielder alongside Tom Huddlestone who is likely to be the less adventurous of the pair. Palacios doesn't seem himself the way he's been performing of late so I think he will drop out. Van Der Vaart to slot straight in behind the lone striker? We'll see I guess, it's a nice problem for Harry to have.

P.S - Nice to see you back on Base, been a while. :)

Its called upgrading.