White Vaart Lane!!

the will have a stupid amount of centre mids, i know you need a bigger squad if your in the champions league but not even Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal have this many. Jenas, Palacios, Sandro, Huddlestone, Modric, Kranjcar, O'Hara, Dos Santos and now maybe Van Der Vaart. For me that is a **** of alot. They should have got rid of Jenas and O'Hara at the minumum

the will have a stupid amount of centre mids, i know you need a bigger squad if your in the champions league but not even Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal have this many. Jenas, Palacios, Sandro, Huddlestone, Modric, Kranjcar, O'Hara, Dos Santos and now maybe Van Der Vaart. For me that is a **** of alot. They should have got rid of Jenas and O'Hara at the minumum

Thye still might -- the loan window isn't shut for clubs outside the premiership.

You sir, are what we call an idiot.

To call Dawson injury prone is completly absurd, as is Corluka, inface I think Corluka is one of the least injury prone players iv'e seen he plays almost every single game for us and played about 30 in a row i think at one point. Dawson is a rock and is hardly injured. Im pretty sure Gallas isnt injury prone, your just making stuff up here :S

P.S. Ben Alnwick is shocking.

I made a point and i'm admitting that i was wrong now, point taken about Alnwick certainly, it must have been old news, i think a friend told me he rated him but that may have been a while back. Dawson i highly rate, just thought (apparently wrongly) that he'd had a few injuries, most of your defenders seem to at some point. Gallas is getting on, and has a problem with his knee i think, and spent a lot of last season on the 'verge of injury' according to Wenger, which stopped him playing against Porto, and then 1/2 way through Barca, and then the rest of the season, and he hurt it again during the WC. Was pretty sure Corluka had been injured a number of times over the course of the last few seasons, but again i may be wrong. Wasn't C playing on despite having a niggling injury, i certainly read that somewhere, why you bought Kaboul (who i forgot to mention.)

EDIT: Thus, you don't need to be **** about it.

Jenas = ****
O'hara is injured for a while
Palacios has lost it since his brother was murdered.
Huddlestone is a starter
Modric - starter
Kranjcar is a backup
Dos Santos is a winger/ striker
Sandro will take a while to settle in and learn the language.

surely if the paperwork and all of the necessary stuff wasn't completed before the deadline then tottenham should not be allowed to sign the player. they've had months to try to sign him.

I think it is really hypocritical of certain people who where hoping there clubs signed this player only 2 days ago, to then slate him or spurs for signing him. HE is a very good player, at least on par if not better then modric, spurs current best player in the "whole" this is a greta bit of business

surely if the paperwork and all of the necessary stuff wasn't completed before the deadline then tottenham should not be allowed to sign the player. they've had months to try to sign him.

Depends why it wasn't completed though - this wouldn't be the first time a transfer has been finalised hours (even a day or two) after the closure of the window. I don't understand why the FA take so long to say yes or no to deals -- we weren't the only team waiting on confirmation from the FA this morning.

Jenas = ****
O'hara is injured for a while
Palacios has lost it since his brother was murdered.
Huddlestone is a starter
Modric - starter
Kranjcar is a backup
Dos Santos is a winger/ striker
Sandro will take a while to settle in and learn the language.

So, because you have 2 starting CMs, and 2 backup at least (Palacios, Sandro, Krancjar, Ohara when he comes back) you need another one, who won't take any time at all to adapt/settle in? Spurs seem to have just bought VDV because they can.. i won't compare them to Man City, and OK if you're going to play 4-4-1-1 but you'd still have plenty of players, with Giovani capable of playing in behind a striker and Modric the ideal player there.

im very happy with the potential signing, he is a world class player and we MIGHT get him for a very very good price =]

i have a good feeling about the transfer as real madrid are also pushing for the deal to go through and i tihnk that the premier league will accept it

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Depends why it wasn't completed though - this wouldn't be the first time a transfer has been finalised hours (even a day or two) after the closure of the window. I don't understand why the FA take so long to say yes or no to deals -- we weren't the only team waiting on confirmation from the FA this morning.

example being arshavin to arsenal, that deal went through 2 days after the window, but obvs this season they will have to hurry it along due to the registration window =[

im very happy with the potential signing, he is a world class player and we MIGHT get him for a very very good price =]

i have a good feeling about the transfer as real madrid are also pushing for the deal to go through and i tihnk that the premier league will accept it

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

example being arshavin to arsenal, that deal went through 2 days after the window, but obvs this season they will have to hurry it along due to the registration window =[

I'm doubting that this deal will go through, so I'm not expecting much atm :(

Yeaah, but we had issues with the player not being able to make it to us in time because of "snow problems"

Spurs seem to have just bought VDV because they can..

We've potentially bought VDV because he's better than anyone else we have in his position so he strengthens our team, nevermind our squad -- I would say the signing of Bebe was a 'just because we can' signing more than VDV is.

Last edited:
With all due respect Spurs need a -----

1.Back-Up Striker
2.Good Centre-Back
3.Good young Goalie

more than they need another Central Midfielder

Pavlyuchenko/Crouch/Defoe/Keane - Spurs play 2 upfront so that's fine.

David Button.

The reason arshavin's was delayed was because he couldnt get to Arsenal. If you remember we were having the (not that big) 'Big Freeze'. All the paper work between the 2 clubs were done

Yeaah, but we had issues with the player not being able to make it to us in time because of "snow problems"

Doesn't stop you from handing the paperwork in on time?

So, because you have 2 starting CMs, and 2 backup at least (Palacios, Sandro, Krancjar, Ohara when he comes back) you need another one, who won't take any time at all to adapt/settle in? Spurs seem to have just bought VDV because they can.. i won't compare them to Man City, and OK if you're going to play 4-4-1-1 but you'd still have plenty of players, with Giovani capable of playing in behind a striker and Modric the ideal player there.

yeahhh i think if we play 4-4-1-1 it will make thigns more clear and i think the squad will work, as for modric although he can play behind the striker i dont think he will ever be used there unless needed due to injuries. he plays superb in just a CM role with great movement along side with huddlestone

Doesn't stop you from handing the paperwork in on time?

Well - it did, because we couldn't hand in the paperwork until we agreed personal terms etc. which is what he had to come to us for, and couldn't get there in time...