Lennon------Huddlestone----Palacios/Modric----Bale
Van Der Vaart
Crouch/Defoe/Pav​

CENTER]Gomes
Corluka------Dawson------King------Assou-Ekotto
Lennon------Huddlestone/Sandro----Palacios/Modric----Bale
Van Der Vaart
Crouch/Defoe/Pav[/CENTER]

i think we have a good squad for rotation now but my one concern is the strikers playing up front on their own... havent seen much of it before but it hasnt really worked when i have seen it, but im hoping with VDV he will be able to help out alot with the lone striker and it might just work :S maybeh

yhhh frankie i agree with you there, we should of prob offloaded pav and keane and got in a good lone striker, i always thoguht huntelaar could of been a good buy and we shoulda pushed for it but it didnt happen =[ maybe in jan we will get someone in depending on how this works

So, if they are going for 4-4-1-1 in Europe (speculation)

Strongest:

Gomes

Corluka Dawson King/Gallas Assou-Ekotto

Lennon Modric/Palacios Huddlestone Bale

Kranjcar/Gio/VDV/Modric​

?????​

If I were the manager, well, I would have bought a striker, but it's too late for that, anyway. I don't think you can play Modric and Huddlestone in the Centre of midfield. Maybe because of the immobility and the fact Huddlestone isn't really comfortable at tackling. For this I would play Palacios. That already means dropping Hudd/Modric if VDV is slotting straight in. I think Spurs really need to get their priorities

The problem remains, they have just bought him because he's Van Der Vaart. Wherever he is going to play is a very crowded area, so I think it's shocking they haven't got a striker who can play up front on his own, so for this reason, I can't see them going past the QF at maximum

Lets get something sorted out, Modric doesn't get dropped XD neither does Huddlestone.

Last season we played Huddlestone and Modric centre midfield on there own against Chelsea and Arsenal, who both outnumbered them, but they played brilliantly together and formed a great partnership. I think this is because They are both very clever players, unlike Palacios who just runs around taking people out recklecly where as when Modric attacks Hudd drops. It works really well.

I'm hoping we play this formation:

Gomes
Corluka Dawson King BAE
Hudd Modric
Lennon VDV Bale
Crouch

BUT, seeing as Redknapp is unable to drop Defoe as he loves him, we will most likely continue to play 4-4-2 :/

Van der Vaart quote from De Telegraaf: “Four years at Spurs, for €11 million, I can hardly believe it myself.”

If that's a true qoute then this really is a bargain -- a shade under €54,000 a week! Not bad when you consider some of the wages of other players :)

Current exchange rate would see his wages at just under £45,000

Last edited:
If Harry is going to play 4-4-2, this is a crazy signing.

Lets get something sorted out, Modric doesn't get dropped XD neither does Huddlestone.

Last season we played Huddlestone and Modric centre midfield on there own against Chelsea and Arsenal, who both outnumbered them, but they played brilliantly together and formed a great partnership. I think this is because They are both very clever players, unlike Palacios who just runs around taking people out recklecly where as when Modric attacks Hudd drops. It works really well.

I'm hoping we play this formation:

Gomes
Corluka Dawson King BAE
Hudd Modric
Lennon VDV Bale
Crouch

BUT, seeing as Redknapp is unable to drop Defoe as he loves him, we will most likely continue to play 4-4-2 :/

that may have worked last year, with one attacking one dropping, but if that is the formation you play, both will need to be a lot more tactically disciplined in order to make sure you're not hit on the counter. They'll need to understand that VDV is the main focal point of the attack, and will need to pick their moments to go forward wisely...

With all due respect Spurs need a -----

1.Back-Up Striker
2.Good Centre-Back
3.Good young Goalie

more than they need another Central Midfielder

OH NO! We've had to ask the FA for 'special dispensation' -- surely, the transfer must've been late then? Don't get your hopes up just yet guys :(

fml. Sky Sports News sources saying that we may not have handed in the contracts in time and we may need special dispensation for the transfer to go ahead. We will now by 5pm anyway regardless. :(

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6352239,00.html

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

With all due respect Spurs need a -----

1.Back-Up Striker
2.Good Centre-Back
3.Good young Goalie

more than they need another Central Midfielder

1. We dont need a back up striker, we have 4 strikers already, we need a striekr that can play up front on his own.
2. Steven Caulker. 'Nuff said.
3. Why? Gomes is like 28 and will have another 10 years in him if he stays with us.

OH NO! We've had to ask the FA for 'special dispensation' -- surely, the transfer must've been late then? Don't get your hopes up just yet guys :(

ahhh crappp i have a bad feelign about this now lol

Alcaraz, I agree we're definately still missing a top quality lone-striker, but the goalkeeping situation is fine -- 2 internationals and Cudicini. We just signed a 'top-four' centre-back in Gallas so with Bassong, Dawson, Gallas as the three main ones and King whenever he's fit and able we look ok in that department -- that's 4 international CBs.

fml. Sky Sports News sources saying that we may not have handed in the contracts in time and we may need special dispensation for the transfer to go ahead. We will now by 5pm anyway regardless. :(

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6352239,00.html

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

1. We dont need a back up striker, we have 4 strikers already, we need a striekr that can play up front on his own.
2. Steven Caulker. 'Nuff said.
3. Why? Gomes is like 28 and will have another 10 years in him if he stays with us.

4 strikers who cant even score against Wigan eh
One Cntre-Back,normally I heeard most teams play with 2:p
Young Goalie for the future

4 strikers who cant even score against Wigan eh
One Cntre-Back,normally I heeard most teams play with 2:p
Young Goalie for the future

4 pretty good strikers who didn't play well against Wigan, and can't play up front on their own for one reason or another.

Gallas :mad: (injury prone), Dawson (injury prone), King (injury prone), Corluka (injury prone), Bassong, Woodgate (I won't even go there)

Ben Alnwick? (Is that right CJ/Carine?) looks good..

4 pretty good strikers who didn't play well against Wigan, and can't play up front on their own for one reason or another.

Gallas :mad: (injury prone), Dawson (injury prone), King (injury prone), Corluka (injury prone), Bassong, Woodgate (I won't even go there)

Ben Alnwick? (Is that right CJ/Carine?) looks good..

You sir, are what we call an idiot.

To call Dawson injury prone is completly absurd, as is Corluka, inface I think Corluka is one of the least injury prone players iv'e seen he plays almost every single game for us and played about 30 in a row i think at one point. Dawson is a rock and is hardly injured. Im pretty sure Gallas isnt injury prone, your just making stuff up here :S

P.S. Ben Alnwick is shocking.

Dawson's not really injury prone anymore - nowhere near like he was when we signed him.

Yeah, we have Alnwick for GK, but I'm not sure if he's going to premiership class. There's a few other young goalkeepers at the club too, but I haven't seen much of them tbh.

Crouchy has played upfront on his own before for Pompey and did ok so maybe Harry thinks he'd do the job with VDV supporting through the middle and Modric drifting in from the left. Sandro looks quality and can run up and down the pitch all day long so I can see him taking Palacios's role in the long term with Huddlestone at his side. Bale reverting to LB and then a choice of Gallas, Dawson, Bassong, King, Woodgate (?) at CB.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

It has been confirmed we definately missed the transfer deadline :( But the deal could still go through as the dealine was missed due to technical difficulties :)