Who are you going to manage on Football Manager 2011?

You going to buy Football Manger 2011?

• Yes

Votes: 577 91.0%
  • No

Votes: 57 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hdmi

1st - Braga or Sporting
2nd - Atlético de Madrid

the same as usual:
borussia mönchengladbach over and over again and then saint-etienne and partizan and maybe st. pauli or millwall. and NEVER EVER artificial money teams like T$G hoff€nh€im or wo£f$burg!

Fenerbahce will be my first team, not sure who to go after that. In 2010 I started at Fener and got a job offer at Valencia and took it. I got Fenerbahce two turkish cups, two league titles, europa league championship and made it to the semi-finals of the champions league where I lost to Barca 3-2. I intend to stay with Fener for a much longer time though, I kind of regretted leaving them after two seasons. I wanted to win them the champions league. I guess beating Arsenal and Juve on the way to the semis was an accomplishment though.

Will start at Everton to get a feel of the full game then start as Gillingham and try and get the to the Prem.
After that I will do some network games in Holland or lower leagues of England.

He means teams with not much of a history that have had money pumped into them over recent years so they can buy good players. Like Chelsea.

pretty much except even the chelsea reserve team has more history then "1899" hoffenheim and wolfsburg together - and probably more supporters...

btt: maybe i'll also try juve as a treat.

Benfica and then Newcastle.
Next maybe start unemployed...

yep - as long as the club is not completly bankcrupt with 20+ mio dept in league 5 or lower. its no challange if you spent some time in scouting you´ll find a shitload of unemployed players to realize a promotion every year. so it is interesting but once reached the first league there is no challange left at all.

I have to agree with this even though i'm a strict lower league manager... I can't manage a team thats already 'made it', it's just not my style but your point is valid... Bilbao might be a good game to be honest but startin unemployed is usually how I roll.

Last edited:
Think I've posted in here before, can't remember.

Anyway, since playing the demo I've decided I'm going to start as Liverpool and just get use to the game, then once the patch has come out in December and hopefully fixed most of the bugs then I'll be doing a York City game and doing story.

Blackpool as i'm largely impressed by them in real life..and if i'm successful i'm going to make a story :D

Derby County
New York Redbulls (always fancied a challenge in the MLS)
Juventus (always been my second team)
Young Boys (just for the banter)

I'm going to start with my favourite team, FCPorto, after that, maybe Madrid ou Barcelona

As I have always done, 3 teams at the same time (but not with the same manager of course lol):

RSC Anderlecht, FC Barcelona (both my favorite teams)

and... Belgium.

I'm going to start unemployed and see where i can get a job.