Who can replace Scholes?

Who will replace Scholes?

• Total voters
The fact that Modric signed a 6 year deal speaks volumes, and that he signed it before we were in the champions league shows that he's in it for the long haul, the same can be said for Bale.

We're not a selling club anymore, end of.
and again you cant guarantee any of that until a bid comes in and it gets rejected. End of

back to the original point of the thread

Anderson seems top contender as he finally seems to be fulfilling his potential this season, I doubt United want to shell out for a world-class midfielder, they could buy a prospect but then there is always the case of slowly gelling him in with the English system so yeah since Anderson has gotten used to the league i think Fergie would replace Scholes with Anderson

Anderson seems top contender as he finally seems to be fulfilling his potential this season, I doubt United want to shell out for a world-class midfielder, they could buy a prospect but then there is always the case of slowly gelling him in with the English system so yeah since Anderson has gotten used to the league i think Fergie would replace Scholes with Anderson
different kind of player, although there is no doubt ando has a big future. Hes not a maestro in the way scholes is, more of a intelligent box to box player who compliments a player like scholes

The fact that Modric signed a 6 year deal speaks volumes, and that he signed it before we were in the champions league shows that he's in it for the long haul, the same can be said for Bale.

We're not a selling club anymore, end of.

So he know only has 4 years left..? Coming down fast. Eh? You had one year in the champs league, dont get all high and big of us just yet... CJ.

Luka Modric is too good for Manchester United anyway.

I think you should use Gibson.

Luka Modric is too good for Manchester United anyway.

I think you should use Gibson.

LOL. We sell you Gibson for 20 million if you like Billy..?

Dont say that either, CJ will start to believe you after a while.

different kind of player, although there is no doubt ando has a big future. Hes not a maestro in the way scholes is, more of a intelligent box to box player who compliments a player like scholes

true but he can easily be moulded, he is young and he has got the attributes so no I would not put that past Fergie, i doubt he wants to get a midfielder in the same mould as Scholes, they are not much around and the ones that are will come at a high price

true but he can easily be moulded, he is young and he has got the attributes so no I would not put that past Fergie, i doubt he wants to get a midfielder in the same mould as Scholes, they are not much around and the ones that are will come at a high price
he has already said he will look to replace him with a top class signing, infact he admitted he would have to make 2 or 3 in the next season or two. anderson isnt anywhere near creative as scholes

Rooney is a great suggestion I think, sometimes when he drifts deep he swings scholes-like balls out to the wings on to the feet of our other players. He has a superb attitude for a potential midfielder almost like scholes in his more offensive days. I think if fergie was to do it he'd have to try switch him now. With two great strikers in Berbatov and Hernandez it would be perfect to test him out there against a couple of mid table teams. No-one else at the club comes close to having Scholes first touch and passing ability. Anderson - I don't see how any united fan can defend him, its not even believable that he's from Brazil, how many first touches and simple passes have gone straight to opposition players in just about every game he plays, he jsut doesnt have the concentration to play for a top team. Gibson is a Paul Scholes, just with 0.235% of his ability, needs to go now.

as for outside the club there are very few players still who could do the job. Steven Defour plays the same deep midfield role as Scholes does now but isn't tested properly to know enough about him in the belgian league. Hamsik didn't impress me at all at the world cup and cant be judged on the italian league as he has far too much time to pass in that league. Jack Rodwell is a great prospect and probably the best option outside of United as he has played a couple of seasons very solidly for everton. Paulo Henrique is an absolutely superb talent but not sure wether he would have the mentality for the English game.

I picked Gibson as he is a future united legend

Thiago Alcantara or Lucas (Sao Paolo) or Ganso would be fantastic but their playing style is not like scholes ...

Personally , I don't think any young player at Man Utd currently has shown the potential to replace Scholes , unless someone else comes through in the next season or two , I believe they'll have to buy someone.
Somebody like VDV or Iniesta would be the ideal replacement , but either are unlikely to join United.
Jack Rodwell could be a more realistic option , seeing as he's already proved he can play in the PL

why don't anyone has mentioneted joão Moutinho

i think anderson and rooney could be the midfield partnership for years to come
but that all depends on how rooney develop as a CM
it isnt totally out there because he can pass and has the fitness to get up and down.

could ganso do a scholes ish role maybe? ive not seen much of him but its possible? i still think hamsik would be the best choice pretty much though :)