Who can replace Scholes?

Who will replace Scholes?

• Total voters
No body is underestimating Modric,he's been brilliant this season,but Scholes has been brilliant for the last 20 years!

Darren Gibson in about 2 years will be in the heart of the united midfield if they keep him.

Darren Gibson in about 2 years will be in the heart of the united midfield if they keep him.
no no no no, never, no way not in a million, not even when pigs fly and **** freezes over

Have you seen him play this season?

Obviously not/

Yes I have seen him play and rate him very highly.

I'm saying that even comparing him to Scholes is absurd. A decent half season doesn't mean he can be even breathed/mentioned in the same sentence as Scholes.

Yes I have seen him play and rate him very highly.

I'm saying that even comparing him to Scholes is absurd. A decent half season doesn't mean he can be even breathed/mentioned in the same sentence as Scholes.

Decent half season?

mmk.

I used to like Gibson and saw abit of Lampard in him but this season he hasnt got much better and if anything got worse.

I used to like Gibson and saw abit of Lampard in him but this season he hasnt got much better and if anything got worse.
the only thing lampard-like about him is the ability to hit the ball very hard, has nothing else from lampard's game

the only thing lampard-like about him is the ability to hit the ball very hard, has nothing else from lampard's game

Yer maybe thats it, i saw some good passing range from him in the last few years too and i think i said to you if he adds goals to his game then he could very well be Utd Lampard but i dont think it will happen now.

Have you seen him play this season?

Obviously not/

Have you seen scholes play for 20 years...

Obviously not

Oh as if, he runs our team like clockwork, been one of the best players in the prem this season (everyone's been saying it) but he doesn't get recognition from idiotic fans who don't watch him play because you only get recognised if you score goals.

On CJ's side here. On this form Modric would get into any side in the world at the moment. Sensational footballer.

:wub:

They seem to have forgotten when we played them and he ran there midfield ragged and got motm, and thats been the standard for him this season tbh.

Decent half season?

mmk.

Meh, This orginally came from someone saying Modric will be better then Scholes in his Prime, Which to suggest is silly, yes he is a very good player, but Scholes is widely regarded as one of the best and Most complete footballer of his Generation. Whilst Modric isnt Yet, So you silly Luka is great, Spurs are the best basis of all your rants and posts, make no sense here.

Scholes Career > Modric... END OFF.

Yer maybe thats it, i saw some good passing range from him in the last few years too and i think i said to you if he adds goals to his game then he could very well be Utd Lampard but i dont think it will happen now.
no chance, lampard is also very good and spotting and creating chances, and has great movement. Gibson doesnt ahve that, i dont feel he's gone backwards, not just stalled, but actually gone backwards as a player

I would think Defour...their has been talk about him for some time

Have you seen scholes play for 20 years...

Obviously not

Scholes Career > Modric... END OFF.

Modric is 25 and is exceptional and your writing him off, obviously Scholes has a better career.

Modric is 25 and is exceptional and your writing him off, obviously Scholes has a better career.
can we stop going on about modric, especially sine he was one of the first people talked about on this thread. no sensible person here wrote him off, but to compare him to scholes in his prime/career, which is what marko did, and what started this whole debate, is ridiculous

I am not writing him off, If you can read, the original point was someone said " Modric will become better then scholes ever was" or something like that.. Which everyone laughed at and said comparing that is stupid, then you got all defensive about Modric...

If I could pick one player in world football that I think is most likely to be the "new Paul Scholes" I would have to say it is Toni Kroos. For me he is a very similar type of player. I get the feeling that he is living the dream at Bayern (I could be wrong about this but that is the feeling I get) but if anyone could tempt him I would think it would be Manchester United. He has a really brilliant range of passing and hits some stunning long shots. Watch this video and compare it to the Scholes videos a few posts back and I think you will see some of the resemblances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_325678&v=koiYs4Qh1ak&feature=iv

Decent half season?

mmk.

Alright, then...

Modric has been the best player in the world this year and I've came in my pants every time he's touched the ball.

Better?

IMO, Charlie Adam is nowhere near Man Utd level. Yeah he's had a good season but I don't think he's the right player to replace Scholes.

Hamsik seems the most likely but then again Ferguson's probably got something up his sleeve. :$

IMO, Charlie Adam is nowhere near Man Utd level. Yeah he's had a good season but I don't think he's the right player to replace Scholes.

Hamsik seems the most likely but then again Ferguson's probably got something up his sleeve. :$
I hope so - but ferguson hasn't really replaced Keane after all this time and Scholes and Giggs haven't really had replacements found - i'm worried about what will happen when they retire