Who can replace Scholes?

Who will replace Scholes?

• Total voters
IMO, Charlie Adam is nowhere near Man Utd level. Yeah he's had a good season but I don't think he's the right player to replace Scholes.

Hamsik seems the most likely but then again Ferguson's probably got something up his sleeve. :$
Agreed, bet SAF will come up with such a left-field replacement..

I hope so - but ferguson hasn't really replaced Keane after all this time and Scholes and Giggs haven't really had replacements found - i'm worried about what will happen when they retire
we kinda did, with fletcher. Not quite the same, but in the same mould. And it will be the same for those two, they are irreplaceable, but we will seek to find players in their mould

Zinedine Zidane once commented "My toughest opponent? Scholes. He is undoubtedly the greatest player of his generation"

Thierry Henry said "Without any doubt the best player in the Premiership has to be Scholes... He knows how to do everything."

BBC football pundit and former Liverpool defender Alan Hansen has described Scholes as "one of the top three to five players to have ever played in the Premier League" and commented "his passing, movement and technique set examples to everyone."

Current Manchester United team-mate Nani praised Scholes, stating "He’s the best midfielder I’ve ever seen. He can pass, score goals with his left, right, his head – he can do anything.

Edgar Davids said in 2001 "Im not the best Paul Scholes is"

Just a few quotes about Scholes. You have to remember that he started off as a great attacking/box to box midfielder and has changed as got older to a more deep lying midfielder. Yes Modric is a very,very good player but to even compare him to Scholes let alone say he is better is quite frankly laughable and positive we wont hear similar quotes about him

I hope so - but ferguson hasn't really replaced Keane after all this time and Scholes and Giggs haven't really had replacements found - i'm worried about what will happen when they retire

This is what will happen.

Scholes replaced by Henderson as Bruce is one of Fergies love children. Giggs replaced by Bale as im predicting Spurs will struggle to get CL football on a regular basis and he loves Redkanpp who will replace Capello in 2012.

In the next few seasons, if Manchester United got Bale and Hamsik, i'd actually go mental :wub:

Im a united fan but not gibson he is a shcoking player in my opinion hes scored few decent goals but thats it

Agreed Gibson is *****...Hamsik for Scholes, Bale for Giggs, P.Jones for Ferdinand.

Modric would be great..But more possible one is, Nuri Sahin 22years old and already quality.

Btw. I see Scholes dropping his kids off to school nearly everyday :)

Would have said Hargreaves had injuries not got the better of him and been the other side of 30 but meh..

Would assume he'll go for a deep creator, maybe Sergio Busquets, but wouldn't surprise me if Fergie signed someone from Vietnam who got blasted as a flop because we spend ££££ on him and then he becomes one of the greatest CM's England has ever seen.

what about moutinho he his a great passer is young he has got power and mental energie and abilities and he plays a bit like scholes

ooh, you all saying in that Modric - Scholes comparision that Scholes was the best past 20 years, but this years it's gone! I just suggest that Modric would be great replacement for him! Man.Utd. fans, what player you want for Scholes replacement? It seems that you don't know either

and by the way, what Journeyman said: Nuri Sahin! also great great player

ooh, you all saying in that Modric - Scholes comparision that Scholes was the best past 20 years, but this years it's gone! I just suggest that Modric would be great replacement for him! Man.Utd. fans, what player you want for Scholes replacement? It seems that you don't know either

and by the way, what Journeyman said: Nuri Sahin! also great great player

Modric or Hamsik for Scholes.

Rodwell henderson pastore and hamsik all great choices for scholes
and bale is the best left winger on the planet.. and if man utd came in for him he would go Utd or spurs just wont come cheap. I'd like utd to spend a lot of money in the summer this year and then maybe we wont be laughed at by all the media anymore for hardly spending but arent we forgetting hargreaves if he stops been injured he is a class player. anderson will be great.... hes been injured but would thirve from been tutored by scholes.

I know he's not exactly young anymore but what about Kaka ?
I reckon you could get him for £20-30M at the end of the season.