*^Who has made the best downloadable FM tactics this year^*

• Thread starter SicSyco
  • Start date
  • Replies 130
  • Views 96K
S

SicSyco

Thought id make a post to give everyone who uses the forum a chance to appreciate the tactics created by all the guys here and find out whos tactic has impressed people the most. Whether its been from a tactic that can keep a lot of possession, a tactic that is good on the counter attack or an all out attacking tactic doesn't matter just what you have enjoyed most :)

Id have to say Mr Langvatn's 2-5-3 DDDMC Angels was a joy to watch and got me the best results ive probably had on the latest patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Langvatn's 4-1-4-1 rock is one of my all time favorite tactics. Has done wonders in my saves so far.

Mr Langvatn's 4-1-4-1 rock is one of my all time favorite tactics. Has done wonders in my saves so far.

Yea defo 1 of the best tactics out there, i used this 4-1-4-1 rock before Angels but i just thought Angels attacked so quick with so many players was nice to watch. But for defensive structure of a tactic 4-1-4-1 is absolutely rock solid :p

It's the same as every year: TheBetterhalf (somewhere JPWoody is turning in his grave).

Think the thread needs renamed to "Who is the best FM tactic creator this year" or something along the lines of "who has made the best downloadable FM tactics this year".

In my opinion the 253 isnt even a real tactic. Its a way to overload the opponent with a very unusual and unrealistic formation. Im not a big fan of all those fantasy tactics that in some strange way even seems to work. You are a genuis when you can make a formation that is used by a lot of teams in real life and try to make it work without fitting in strange positions or exploits. Anyway Mr L deserves praise for his rock classic that seemed to work for a lot of people.

Lmao! any particular tactic tho of his that blew your mind? :p

Hers*

And its not just any particular tactic. It's all of them. Its because she can implement so many different concepts, for so many sides, with so many setups/formation. And she does it FM after FM after FM.

Lots of people can make some very good tactics, I would say Seanhrfc has impressed me the most with his Sacchi 4-4-2. But, with the possible exception of JPWoody, I'm yet to see anyone replicate her level of understanding AND consistency, without attempting to exploit the match engine over the years.

Totally agree with you Mike.

TBH is probably the best tactician in FM history, a mix between Zidane, Pelé, Maradonna and Messi

The way she develops theories is always extremly interesting, and her tactics are always very well thought out

Hers*

And its not just any particular tactic. It's all of them. Its because she can implement so many different concepts, for so many sides, with so many setups/formation. And she does it FM after FM after FM.

Lots of people can make some very good tactics, I would say Seanhrfc has impressed me the most with his Sacchi 4-4-2. But, with the possible exception of JPWoody, I'm yet to see anyone replicate her level of understanding AND consistency, without attempting to exploit the match engine over the years.

Could certainly put some RL managers to shame tbh with the knowledge and understanding. I genuinely haven't seen so many different formations work so effectively in any management game I've played. The ease with how they're created and how quickly they're created is just mindblowing

Think the thread needs renamed to "Who is the best FM tactic creator this year" or something along the lines of "who has made the best downloadable FM tactics this year".

Cheers thats actually a better idea thanks :)

Hers*

Seriously... TheBetterHalf is a woman ? then she will be getting my vote ..

Hers*

Sorry her* tactic thanks

The only real problem with TBH is the fact that she just never catch most people's interest. Most people want a "win-them-all" tactic, and don't care about how things work, and why they work (or don't work).

If only she developed a "win-them-all" tactic, she would get much more attention for her hard work after that, and people would finally get the real point of the game, and would understand what they are doing in the tactical part of the game

silverya don´t you think the best tactic was the tactic that win more games?
silverya don´t you think the best manager was the manager who win more games?
So, how TBH can be the best FM tactic creator?

The only real problem with TBH is the fact that she just never catch most people's interest. Most people want a "win-them-all" tactic, and don't care about how things work, and why they work (or don't work).

If only she developed a "win-them-all" tactic, she would get much more attention for her hard work after that, and people would finally get the real point of the game, and would understand what they are doing in the tactical part of the game

That's their problem, rather than her's. Because such a "win them all" doesn't really exist, and the more the AI improves in future, the less you see them.

Win them all simply doesn't exist in real life. Not even Barcelona were win them all, they would make numerous tweaks, Guardiola was a massive tinkerer.

That's their problem, rather than her's. Because such a "win them all" doesn't really exist, and the more the AI improves in future, the less you see them.

Win them all simply doesn't exist in real life. Not even Barcelona were win them all, they would make numerous tweaks, Guardiola was a massive tinkerer.

Your quite right tbh, a tactic is only as good as the person managing the team. For start if u cant get the right players, motivate your team and keep them happy etc etc and so on the tactic wont work. Most tactics downloaded here need tinkered anyway to suite your team and style of play.

plus a win them all tactic would b pretty boring where is the fun in it, thats what i enjoy makin the team better and like the games i lose putting them right the next time etc :)

silverya don´t you think the best tactic was the tactic that win more games?
silverya don´t you think the best manager was the manager who win more games?
So, how TBH can be the best FM tactic creator?
I think the best tactician is the one that understands the game the most
And the best tactic is not the one that exploits match engine flaws, but the one that is the closest that what type of football you want to achieve under specific circumstances. Just a point of view, and I understand people that want that super duper tactic that win everything.

@Mike. : once again, I agree with you and that's my personnal vision of the game. I never wanted a tactic to win everything, just something that is close enough to what I want to see on the pitch ;). And I think TBH brings so much to others that it's a shame to see her threads not receiving the attention they deserve