Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other(please state)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
united are gone
its between us and chelsea
if torres can play more thn 14 games together, than its in the bag
and man city will flop again

14 games together? more like he need to play the whole season.

I think Liverpool will finally become chanpions this season,with Man Utd comin in at 2nd,Chelsea 3rd,Villa or Everton 4th,Arsenal 5th,Man City 6th,ive gone for Liverpool cause they came sooooo close last season even when Gerrard and Torres only played a small percentage of games together,if them 2 players can stay fit for a lil longer than last season then its gonna be a great season for Liverpool,people are saying bout the spine being weakened with Alonso departing,well thats nonsense cause they have Mascherano who is better in that certain holding position just in front of the back 4.

also I think Rafa is looking to make Liverpool a more potent attacking force this season,his new signings clearly state this,he has bought in Aquilani who is a more forward thinking player than Alonso so he will play in between Mascerano and Gerrard am guessing,so this season instead of having the 2 defensive holding midfielders hes going with just the 1 and having Aquilani in a more advanced position.

and then theres Glen Johnsson who is a more attacking fullback than Arbeloa,this was clearly the difference between Liverpool being 2nd and being Champions last season,the times were certain teams would come and park the bus,well I think now Rafa only has the 1 holding midfielder and much more attacking players these teams will be broken down and taken to the cleaners.

and also you can clearly see the hunger in the Liverpool players,how much they want to win,and with a lil more attacking quality ie Aquilani an Johnsson this surely must be their year.

and also a lot of people are forgetting that Alonso was injured for parts of last season too,he didnt play in the 2 biggest wins Liverpool had away from home,the 5-1 at St James Park,and the 4-1 beating of Man Utd at Old Trafford.

and am not sure if there has ever been a team who has the won the title playing 2 holding midfielders.

Liverpool Premier League Champions 09/10

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

I also cant see Man City doing anything like some people are predicting this season,going by their Summer signings they look like there gonna be playing a 1-1-8 formation lol,how can they possibly keep all them strikers happy?and as a previous post said the players who have gone to Man City are prolly just there for the money

united are gone
its between us and chelsea
if torres can play more thn 14 games together, than its in the bag
and man city will flop again

'united are gone' ?

Are you actually serious?

United are never out of the title race, ever, they're always front-runners. Sure, they sold arguably their best asset, but they still have massive depth in their squad, and have brought in cover for the positions lost already. You can argue that Antonio Valencia is not good enough to fill Ronaldo's boots, but let's give the lad a chance at a top club before we judge. I honestly think he'll be amazing, and would love to have him at Tottenham to play alongside Palacios.

Chelsea, they are looking like very strong contenders. They have this great 'never give in' mentality, saw it in the community shield match and I think we'll see it this season in the premiership and champion's league too. I am tipping Zhirkov to be a massive boost to their squad personally, I think he'll be well equipped to deal with the physicality of the Premier League, and he'll adapt fast, and play a key part.

Liverpool, I am one of the mindset that they need Torres to play consistently throughout the season, along with Gerrard, to have a say in the title race. I do think they took a big hit losing Xabi Alonso, one of the most underrated players in the premiership (or at least he was), in my opinion. However, I think they will push it close if they believe in the fact that they do have a chance at winning the title this season. They just need to take it a bit further than last season.

As for Arsenal, I don't think they'll be pushing for the title themselves this season and although I think they'll remain in 4th spot, they won't be winning the premiership title for a couple more years at least. They need time to nurture their youngsters into a title-winning squad, but when they do... watch out England, I think we'll have serious front-runners.

I personally think Chelsea will take the title this year, but it'll be close... don't kid yourself, it'll be very close. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool, truly.

Back