Who is the right man for Newcastle now they have been relegated?

• Thread starter Thread starter gallatron
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 6K

Who is right manager for newcastle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To not blame the pathetic performance of the majority of the squad for the whole of the season would be senseless.

you cant put this down to the players really, maybe a bit but it's been a decline since southgate took over. He signed and sold wrong aswell.

Kris Red is right, and I think Gibson deserves respect for having faith i Southgate, which I presume he will continue to do in the Champ next year. Players like Alves were the letdowns

I agree that managers deserve time but this isnt Tony Adams and getting a few months. He has been there what 3 seasons now? isnt that time enough to show some progress but this has been a decline

you cant put this down to the players really, maybe a bit but it's been a decline since southgate took over. He signed and sold wrong aswell.

I agree that managers deserve time but this isnt Tony Adams and getting a few months. He has been there what 3 seasons now? isnt that time enough to show some progress but this has been a decline

Kris. Though there has obviously been a decline this season, under McClaren we finished 14th in his last season, then 12th and 13th in Southgates first two seasons as manager, that ain't a decline.

The only people he has "sold wrong" have ben schwarz (who clearly wanted to leave), Cattermole, Young and maybe Woodgate.

Yak & Vids have done nothing since leaving.

Kris. Though there has obviously been a decline this season, under McClaren we finished 14th in his last season, then 12th and 13th in Southgates first two seasons as manager, that ain't a decline.

The only people he has "sold wrong" have ben schwarz (who clearly wanted to leave), Cattermole, Young and maybe Woodgate.

Yak & Vids have done nothing since leaving.

hmmmm, first season Yakubu left he scored 15 premier league goals and over 20 in all competitions.
He has better goals to game ratio at Everton than he had at middlesborough.

and what's he done since? - Got injured and featured about 6 times this season, wouldn't of helped us one bit. We were fine last season it's this season we have needed goals.

And Yakubu wanted to leave, there was nothing Southgate could of done to keep him...

suppose so, to say he has done nothing is a little bitter, he has had one very good season for us, and unfortunately had a nasty injury this year.

As soon as a bigger club (a club offering more cash) comes calling he will be off as quick as he can.

wouldn't be a bad thing I guess, as we have finished 5th without him. your right though that's the type of player ism like Anelka in some ways he wont stay long at clubs.
Would a bigger club come in for him ?
If so I doubt it will be the coming season with the amount of football he played this year so were stuck with him :)

I'd admit to say that the right man for Newcastle would be someone like Martin O'Neill or maybe O'Neill hisself.
I don't think Newcastle will lose their players, but I think they better promote some youngsters and in 2-3 years they can make a team in Championship.
Newcastle is a good team, a traditional team, like Spurs and I don't think it will make better for Premier League if a good team relegate.

But btw, they have money to spend for youngsters or good players?

Still can't see how you cannot blame the players...

shearer cannot be defended anymore. He chooses poor teams on the day. half the time he has martins on the bench WTF and he still plays collochini(WHY!)
i dnt get why he isnt being moaned at by NUFC fans

THe only reason he's been playing Collocini is that we have no other defenders apart from the youth squad. Although... come to think of it, they would probably do a better job :)

didn't agree with duff at left back when ryan taylor could have covered that position. no idea what next season holds for us. gotta wait and see

Most Newcastle fans I know say that Ryan Taylor has been awful this season?

Yeh and duff scores own goals lol. yeh but hes just more natural to that position than duff I'd say. tbh theres too many problems at the toon just hope they improve.

I'd admit to say that the right man for Newcastle would be someone like Martin O'Neill or maybe O'Neill hisself.
I don't think Newcastle will lose their players, but I think they better promote some youngsters and in 2-3 years they can make a team in Championship.
Newcastle is a good team, a traditional team, like Spurs and I don't think it will make better for Premier League if a good team relegate.

But btw, they have money to spend for youngsters or good players?

Will Newcastle be able to attract a big manager now? look at how there managers have been treated since robson??? big managers will look and think no thanks. + its not the easiest league in the world. soon as newcastle have a blip the whole of newcastle will go crazy as they think they are a huge club that should win every week, when its plain for everyone to see they aint as big or even good enough as they seem to think. yea they get an amazing following but having a big fanbase doesnt make a good football team which it all boils down to at end of the day. they have let to many good players go and replaced them with worse than what they had. owen has been poor, martins has been poor, collicini? poor, nolan not gr8, taylor poor, duff hasnt played well, emre when he was there was never gr8, boumsong ****, guthrie played well on occasions, xisco? where has he gone? luque never even got started, geremi hasnt been good ..... all that money they have spent and they have got worse? u would have fort that after signing luque and boumsong being major flops they would take more time in choosing their transfers but they seem to go on rep or settle for worse players than they have. its sad really the decline since robson.... souness, roeder, alladyce, keegan, kinnear, shearer, there is one name there that would have newcastle in top 1/2 of prem right now and he got booted out... i cant see where they can go except from clearing out everyone and rebuilding boardroom downwards. sorry to go on but ive sat and watched newcastle fans on tele saying there to good to be down there and read in papers how major it is but its been coming since robson left and alladyce. they arent to good to go down no1 is nor are they to big!!!

Last edited:
As a newcastle fan I can say we totally deserve to be where we are. one goal and we would of scraped survival against villa and we couldn't even get the courage for one last fight. sums up our season.
Can't wait to see the back of Owen, never rated him and honestly dont think he'll be a hit anywhere else.

As a newcastle fan I can say we totally deserve to be where we are. one goal and we would of scraped survival against villa and we couldn't even get the courage for one last fight. sums up our season.
Can't wait to see the back of Owen, never rated him and honestly dont think he'll be a hit anywhere else.

there is one newcaslte fan that has a brain then lol! it do think it will be strange without them in prem tho! amazing ground to go to. yea owen will end up flopping at man city

yeah i was thinking the only thing thats gna look out of place for us in the championship is st james lol. Neways we might grace the premiership again haha the only time i thought we might achieve something was the two fa cup finals we had. we've never looked like a challenging side since in any competition.

im a hull city fan, but i like newcastle an it a shame there went down, but as for shearer getting the job, i dont think he should, id go for steve coppel sum1 who has being there an done it before,

I dont think anyone but a Newcastle fan is qualified to make a decision like this. And to the idiot who claimed Newcastle are not a big club, in terms of fanbase and fan loyalty etc. we are one of the biggest clubs in the world. You come to Newcastle and all you will hear will be about Newcastle United, everyone up here loves the club.

Shearer, although not being an experienced manager, is one of the few people that understands the club. The likes of Allardyce would of never succeeded, neither would kinnear or anyone else, they just dont understand the club at all.... much like most of you lot!

Back