Who is the right man for Newcastle now they have been relegated?

• Thread starter Thread starter gallatron
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 6K

Who is right manager for newcastle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we had given Allardyce a full season we would be in the same place as we are. Its not us that sacked him in anyway, its the chairman!

Its a shame that moronic statement can't be proved otherwise but I genuinely doubt you would be in the bottom three if he was still there. Like galltron said-look at what he did with Bolton and Blackburn. You got worse after Allardyce left.

Its the repeated sackings of bosses that got you in the mess you're in. And no, you didn't sack him, but constant chants of you don't know what you're doing (BS btw) were ridiculous and wont have helped. I bet you'd trade your season with Blackburn's right?

has alladyce ever been relegated??? (genuin question to anybody with an answer)

Notts County

In January 1997, Sam Allardyce made his return to football as manager of Division Two basement club Notts County. He arrived too late to save them from relegation, but they won promotion at the first attempt by finishing top of Division Three at the end of the 1997–98 season. Notts County broke several club and national records, winning the title by a 19-point margin and becoming the first post-war side to win promotion in mid-March.

The only time. Though he did get sacked at the v stat of his managerial career for going close. Most of his other jobs have been highly successful.

Its a shame that moronic statement can't be proved otherwise but I genuinely doubt you would be in the bottom three if he was still there. Like galltron said-look at what he did with Bolton and Blackburn. You got worse after Allardyce left.

Its the repeated sackings of bosses that got you in the mess you're in. And no, you didn't sack him, but constant chants of you don't know what you're doing (BS btw) were ridiculous and wont have helped. I bet you'd trade your season with Blackburn's right?

Would i trade my ticket with a blackburn fan??? Absolutly not! I'd rather be a Newcastle fan in ******* Blue Square North than a fan of any other club! We would of went down with Allardyce in charge, he performed **** when he was there.... what makes you think if he was there longer he would of magically gotten better??

Season, not season ticket. Hmm let's see what made me think Allardyce would have kept you up? The fact he kept a Blackburn team that were in the relegation zone up by quite a few points. The fact that he turned Bolton, a former Championship team into Premiership regulars, got them to a domestic cup final AND Europe. The fact that at every proper management job he has had he's won more games than he's lost. The fact that when left you, Newcastle were 11th (ELEVENTH) in the Premiership. Not near the relegation zone. A position that didn't improve under the magical Keegan.

Something like that.

I agree with the above comments about big sam if he had stayed at nufc would be a safe mid table team building a squad that would work its way up the league.

What the nufc fans want is instant success instant beautiful football and some silverware to celebrate, but they dont realise it takes time look at david moyes struggled in first season just avoided relegation but was given time and on a much smaller budget than newcastle got continued success and mayeb even an FA Cup.

I dont think anyone but a Newcastle fan is qualified to make a decision like this. And to the idiot who claimed Newcastle are not a big club, in terms of fanbase and fan loyalty etc. we are one of the biggest clubs in the world. You come to Newcastle and all you will hear will be about Newcastle United, everyone up here loves the club.

Shearer, although not being an experienced manager, is one of the few people that understands the club. The likes of Allardyce would of never succeeded, neither would kinnear or anyone else, they just dont understand the club at all.... much like most of you lot!
And an answer to this question is, i live in the north east all be it a sunderland fan, yes if you come to newcastle all you will hear about is newcastle but that doesnt make you one of the biggest in the world and it is statemnets like that which make people see you as deluded which is completley justified in my eyes. And saying that no-one can succeed at newcastle unless they 'understand' the club buts your prospective managers into a very small pool don't you think after big al there is only gazza and sting left i think maye ant or dec, and shearer didnt exactly succeed did he took you down with 5 points from possible 24 that showed great understanding im sure oO)

Not all Newcastle Fans are like you have just stated, I take offence to that, I get tarred with the Newcastle Fan brush by a mackem, its typical really always jealous to be in the shadows. You lot are just as idiotic so pipe down.

Sadly I'm a Newcastle realist, I realise we are awful, have been run shoddily, have overpriced underperforming players and yes, overly high expectations.
I think the Championship is the break from MOTD pundits and COCKNEYS we need so we can hopefully regroup and get back into the Prem.

Have your laugh mate, we're an easy target now were down.

Not all Newcastle Fans are like you have just stated, I take offence to that, I get tarred with the Newcastle Fan brush by a mackem, its typical really always jealous to be in the shadows. You lot are just as idiotic so pipe down.

Sadly I'm a Newcastle realist, I realise we are awful, have been run shoddily, have overpriced underperforming players and yes, overly high expectations.
I think the Championship is the break from MOTD pundits and COCKNEYS we need so we can hopefully regroup and get back into the Prem.

Yes it is a break from motd pundits but its not a break from over expectant fans. imagine first games of season as being bristol away scunthorpe at home, sheff u away. deluded newcastle fans will expect 9 points from that. when realistically 5 points is more a realistic target. when the name newcastle comes up agenst any team in chmapionship the over expectant fans (not saying thats you yourself) will expect 3 points from each game when everyone looking from the outside will see it aint gonna happen. its the worst league to be in hard to get promoted easy to get relegated!! unless these fans realise that newcastle are not the best team in that league more like 6th 7th(looking at teams who have been in the league for a while and are serious contenders due to the know how of how to win games at that level under experianced championship managers) the pressure they put on the players and coaching staff could result in a nightmare sitiuation come may next year. the fans want beautiful football and success one thing they will have to settle for is that beautiful football is hard to come by in championship. newcastle needs to sign beasts to succeed at this level. playing football like w.b.a can be done but only if you have the right players but takes a season at least to perfect.

you say you dont like being tarred as just another geordie yet you just did the same with me claiming we are all idiotic, and you have been an easy target for years, from signing boumsoung to luque to appointing keegan claiming he was the messiah then taking your shoes off when he left and i would like to say i am not saying you personally did these things just that newcastle did do these things which in words of Rafa is FACT!

Well your all talking ****! simple as that. Youll never understand so just give up :)

Well your all talking ****! simple as that. Youll never understand so just give up :)

lol ok i will never understand enjoy playing the 'big' clubs like sheff wed/united, forest, west brom and derby all have a great fan base liek yourselfs so you will be right at home 8-|

Back