Who likes rap, and if so, Who is your favourite rap artist and song?

• Thread starter Sam
  • Start date
  • Replies 362
  • Views 24K
Im with you on this mate.I used to love B.o.B aka Bobby Ray or Bob way before he hit mainstream.When he first came out he sounded so refreshing to me personally,he was very deferent.But same thing goes for Wiz Khalifa, I prefer hes old stuff to his new ****.

Once a artist hits mainstream he changes,and that kills me

That's soo true with most artist's once they have become mainstream they never stick to their original styles that made them noticed. For example 50's early stuff from get rich or die trying was soo fresh, whereas the stuff hes making now just sounds like hes not even trying. Just seems like he's looking for easy money.

if you Know about J.Cole you know he is the future of RAP

Still like B.O.B even though his album wasn't that good but his mixtape no genre was impressive

if you Know about J.Cole you know he is the future of RAP

Still like B.O.B even though his album wasn't that good but his mixtape no genre was impressive
J.Cole is good, but hip/hop is never going to be as good as it was. I prefer the PAST geniuses of rap.

J.Cole is good, but hip/hop is never going to be as good as it was. I prefer the PAST geniuses of rap.

The Old stuff was great no one can deny it even though it was before my time

don't listen to it as much as i should except for 2 Pac he never gets old

Heavy Metal Kings ticket booked, found a friend an hour away from the venue who'll give me a couch for that night, thanks for making me go ahead with it lol.

You beast! I shall envy you for eternity.

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

guess you don't know them :)

I do(A)

2pac Biggie easy e nwa scarface Nas eminem AZ my favourites although tupac is the best hands down 90's rap was by far the best old skool stuff not like todays rubbish

Mate, Tinie Tempah's cool , but definitely NOT rap.

I more for the USA rap..
-KRS-One
-Nas
-Run DMC
-Tupac
-Biggie Smalls
-Rakim
-Jedi Mind Tricks(Vinnie Paz is sick )
-La Coka Nostra
-Onyx
-WU TANG CLAN
-Red and Meth
-Masta Ace
-RA the Rugged Man
-the eternal Eazy-E
-NWA
and so on :)

guess you don't know them :)

Amen.

lupe fiasco is prob my favorite but LASERS was ****, too commericial. biggie is the man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX5VCY28_Xo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKNOtfqasis

Born in the east coast, he had a versatile flow and could flow like an east-coast rapper when he wanted, but go raw & hardcore west-coast style. He also was a pretty good freestyler.
He had a pretty turbulent life and problems, that's why there's different styles to his wide song-list.
His death may have hyped him up a bit, but he was a poet and had a high work-ethic (partly due to his paranoia of getting killed) which is why we're still getting so many Tupac mixes coming out (some good, most not). IMO the best to do it, and rap died when Pac & Biggie died.