Who likes rap, and if so, Who is your favourite rap artist and song?

• Thread starter Sam
  • Start date
  • Replies 362
  • Views 24K
IMO Tupac is very overrated and if he was still alive he would be irrelevant. I know it's sounds bad but dying was the best thing to happen his career.

I just hope the mods are in for 'irrelevant post' infractions :)

IMO Tupac is very overrated and if he was still alive he would be irrelevant. I know it's sounds bad but dying was the best thing to happen his career.

Overrated in what way?

Btw I 've saw your earlier posts on which rappers you like, and lets face it, Asher Roth is no where near Pac's level. Sure he's a rapper with good flow & bars, but he's nothing special.

But I'm sure you also think Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, Lil Bow Wow & all the other Lil guys are good too. :)

Dying was great for his popularity, terrible for his music. Without his creative control his archives of material are at the mercy of terrible producers who ruin his voice, chop verses and stick random terrible rappers on tracks with him. With Don Killuminati he was planning to begin a move back to his political stuff and get away from Death Row, which would have been great for his trues fans. However I do have high hopes for Pure, should it ever come out.

Overrated in what way?

Btw I 've saw your earlier posts on which rappers you like, and lets face it, Asher Roth is no where near Pac's level. Sure he's a rapper with good flow & bars, but he's nothing special.

But I'm sure you also think Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, Lil Bow Wow & all the other Lil guys are good too. :)

As explained above, he would be irrelevant in the game today I.e. Snoop dogg
And I obviously know Asher isn't near pacs level ATM. He's 23 with one album. If you read that post I was trying to avoid obvious choices and if you listened to the songs you would realise that they are actuall rap music made in an era full of lil wayne and soulja boi

And @Cal that's what I meant

Last edited:
Overrated in what way?

and never will be

never liked Soulja Boy

As explained above, he would be irrelevant in the game today I.e. Snoop dogg
And I obviously know Asher isn't near pacs level ATM. He's 23 with one album. If you read that post I was trying to avoid obvious choices and if you listened to the songs you would realise that they are actuall rap music made in an era full of lil wayne and soulja boi

And @Cal that's what I meant

Pac was 25 years old when he died. Regardless of his death & the hype that came along with it, he did WAY more for the game and achieved A LOT more than Asher-Roth has at 23 years old. Fact.

What's wrong with an obvious choice in Pac? Because it's obvious he's the G.O.A.T hands down?

I have no problem with your opinion. Just when you say things about Pac or rap when you clearly only know half the details.

Deciding between Pac and Big is like deciding between Ronaldo and Messi in my opinion.
Everybody knows that they're masters of what they do but it all comes down to personal opinion.

To be fair , I think anyone who has listened to rap at any time in the past realises that the likes of Pac , Big , Eazy-E , Nas , Big Pun , Big L , Rakim , Dr Dre etc etc are a million times better than people like Lil Wayne , Bow Wow , Tinie Tempah(if he can be considered rap) and the other mainstream rappers that have turned commercial. (Excluding Eminem)

Pac was 25 years old when he died. Regardless of his death & the hype that came along with it, he did WAY more for the game and achieved A LOT more than Asher-Roth has at 23 years old. Fact.

What's wrong with an obvious choice in Pac? Because it's obvious he's the G.O.A.T hands down?

I have no problem with your opinion. Just when you say things about Pac or rap when you clearly only know half the details.
Can you quote where I said Asher Roth is better than PAC?
I never said PAC didn't change the game I simply said he is overhyped nowadays and if he was still alive would have little relevance. Snoop dogg changed the game too but look where he is. DMX changed the game where is he now. In my eyes he doesn't even have a classic album like nas with illmatic em with sslp mmlp and tes and even jay-z with the black album blueprint.

And @ other guy
It really is like Ronaldo vs Messi because neither are the GOAT

Can you quote where I said Asher Roth is better than PAC?
I never said PAC didn't change the game I simply said he is overhyped nowadays and if he was still alive would have little relevance. Snoop dogg changed the game too but look where he is. DMX changed the game where is he now. In my eyes he doesn't even have a classic album like nas with illmatic em with sslp mmlp and tes and even jay-z with the black album blueprint.

And @ other guy
It really is like Ronaldo vs Messi because neither are the GOAT

I never said Ronaldo or Messi are the G.O.A.T ?
I said they are both very good at they do.

2Pac was very good..But Eminem is the best.

I am a huge Eminem fan and i just love almoste every song he makes. I rarely listen to anything else these days.

I love him as a person and i like the controversial things too :D He is such a cool guy.

He isn't scared to say what he thinks. A lyrical genius! And his grammy performance 2011 was just out of this world :D And he raps about all kind of things.

Not just about money and his **** like Lil Wayne :D

I never said Ronaldo or Messi are the G.O.A.T ?
I said they are both very good at they do.

I meant PAC/big are not the GOAT in he same way as messi/Ronaldo aren't the best around ATM.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

I posted this song earlier. I'm a big fan of the OFWGKTA movement and wht they stand for. Plus they're making great music

I meant PAC/big are not the GOAT in he same way as messi/Ronaldo aren't the best around ATM.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

I posted this song earlier. I'm a big fan of the OFWGKTA movement and wht they stand for. Plus they're making great music

So your saying Pac and Biggie aren't the G.O.A.T?

So your saying Pac and Biggie aren't the G.O.A.T?

Yes. I believe there are others who were better over a longer period of time(obviously) and have churned out quality album after quality album since they started. Big is higher in my list than PAC and I don't think PAC is in my top 5.