Who Should I Buy/Sell?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6K
  • Views Views 817K
yes you can.

look for the tactic button in the tactics section and click on it. you will see 'save', 'manage tactics' etc

thnx a lot :) . Also, srna is getting old, im thinking of selling him soon. he's 30 now. should i sell him now?I have dodo as backup for marcelo and diego renan. I can shift renan back to right back and bring in dodo for covering marcelo. Is that a sufficient replacement for srna or should I go buy someone like ramos. BTW also have santon at right back!

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Hi i'm liverpool in 1st season jan transfer window.
help me out by pointing out any areas that i need to strengthen or get better players please? thanks
playing 4 2 3 1 btw :D

i need to know how much transfer budget you have left first

Last edited:
thnx a lot :) . Also, srna is getting old, im thinking of selling him soon. he's 30 now. should i sell him now?I have dodo as backup for marcelo and diego renan. I can shift renan back to right back and bring in dodo for covering marcelo. Is that a sufficient replacement for srna or should I go buy someone like ramos. BTW also have santon at right back!

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

i need to know how much transfer budget you have left first

oh silly me. i got 114m left after buying Gourcuff and some youngsters.
*Gasp* why so much? Tycoon took over and invested 300m in lol :D happy days

are you playing 4 2 3 1 with aml amc and amr or 3 amc's? Also, are you playing 2 cms or 2 dmcs?
also, which youngsters did u buy?
when u tell me this, I can help u! Also post a screenshot of reina's attributes because i dont know them and i cant do fm today, too much hw!

Last edited:
Im a egyptain team called Al-Ahly
looking for a DMC/MC
also looking for a stirker
i have 1 million transfer budget

Im a egyptain team called Al-Ahly
looking for a DMC/MC
also looking for a stirker
i have 1 million transfer budget

Season? at the end of one Amr Zaki on a free...
Emerson DMC Free Transfer
Oliver Dacourt DMC
Edgar Davids DMC all free's

My first season with Liverpool. Bordeaux and Newcastle want David N'Gog for about 3.9 million. Yay or nay?

yeah which youngsters did u buy gabe genesis

Marko Marin, Gervinho, Mathias Jorgensen, Vaclav Kadlec :D

and attached is reina's attributes if u want it still. thanks

P.S. gabe will do

Last edited:
Hey guys,

A few points of note before I request your help -

• I'm managing Valencia, and just finished the first season as Champions of the league and winners of the Spanish Cup, sadly losing out to Inter in the Euro Cup semi-finals (unecessary detail, I know, but let a newbie manager be proud! :P)
  • I spent the whole of my first season transfer budget and exchanged a useless striker for Dzeko, who's certainly looking very promising.
  • I've sold Juan Manuel Mata, who is a fairly good three-star midfielder. While I would have liked to keep him around, the $30 million offer from Sevilla seemed too good to reject.

I'd like to strengthen up the midfield and possibly the defense, and have around $30-33 million to work with (depending on bonuses and whatnot next season, I shall update accordingly)

- Would Eduardo Salvio be a good purchase, and is it possible at all to buy him for me since he plays for a rival?
- Who would you recommend to strengthen the midfield? Good CMs would be nice.
- Is there any need to strengthen up a strike team of Zigic / Dzeko / David Villa? I don't really think so, but a backup striker would be nice, especially with Mata gone.
- I'm also looking to strengthen the defense, with WB L/Rs or CDs. I really don't mind either!
- Any coaches I should look into hiring? I only have 9 at the moment and two or three left for rival clubs.

Transfer budget - $30,000,000

I use a 4-3-3 formation (A modified version of Mr. Hough's tactic.)

Cheers, and thanks for any help! Much appreciated.

Hey guys,

A few points of note before I request your help -

• I'm managing Valencia, and just finished the first season as Champions of the league and winners of the Spanish Cup, sadly losing out to Inter in the Euro Cup semi-finals (unecessary detail, I know, but let a newbie manager be proud! :P)
  • I spent the whole of my first season transfer budget and exchanged a useless striker for Dzeko, who's certainly looking very promising.
  • I've sold Juan Manuel Mata, who is a fairly good three-star midfielder. While I would have liked to keep him around, the $30 million offer from Sevilla seemed too good to reject.

I'd like to strengthen up the midfield and possibly the defense, and have around $30-33 million to work with (depending on bonuses and whatnot next season, I shall update accordingly)

- Would Eduardo Salvio be a good purchase, and is it possible at all to buy him for me since he plays for a rival?
- Who would you recommend to strengthen the midfield? Good CMs would be nice.
- Is there any need to strengthen up a strike team of Zigic / Dzeko / David Villa? I don't really think so, but a backup striker would be nice, especially with Mata gone.
- I'm also looking to strengthen the defense, with WB L/Rs or CDs. I really don't mind either!
- Any coaches I should look into hiring? I only have 9 at the moment and two or three left for rival clubs.

Transfer budget - $30,000,000

I use a 4-3-3 formation (A modified version of Mr. Hough's tactic.)

Cheers, and thanks for any help! Much appreciated.

First of all, Mata is a player that I believe you should have kept around (he is on the wonderkids/youg guns for FM 2010 - Eduardo Salvio is also on this list, by the way). But you still have good options. I wouldn't go to buy from rivals, because I can find good players more cheap. I suggest you buy some young talents, which are also less expensive than confirmed players, an d you can shape them by training.
Instead of Salvio, for example, you can go for players like Vladimir Weiss , Barry Maguire, Luca Tremolada, Adem Ljajic and many others (in Liga adelante you will find Kiko Femenia at Hercules, for example). But, since 1 season is passed, you have to check them, to see how they evolved.
In the midfield, as young talents, I would recommend Jack Rodwell or Aaron Ramsey, but they will cost you a bit. The less expensive are the ones like Tinga, Rene Krhin, Morgan Schneiderlin etc.
As back-up striker you have also a lot of options. If you want Spanish players, take a look at Iker Munian (when you start the game, you can sign this guy for free) and Daniel Aquino (from liga adelante, Murcia).
As for WB L/R check guys like Jeremy Helan, Nemanja Mitrovic, Daniel Opare, Sebastien Corchia. As DC check Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Leandro Cabrera, Simon Kjaer (this guy made wonders for me, for example, but he is expensive).
Coches just search what you need (and don't forget to ask your assistant to filter the unrealistic targets).

I gave you some examples of young promising players, but you should really check the wonderkids list for FM 2010 (just type on Google search FM 2010 wonderkids and you will find them ;)

Marko Marin, Gervinho, Mathias Jorgensen, Vaclav Kadlec :D

and attached is reina's attributes if u want it still. thanks

P.S. gabe will do

ok gabe :)! This might seem stupid, but sell torres. try and get around 60m+ for him. Then you can go out and buy a striker like sergio aguero or patowho is younger and better. the reason for selling torres is because he has an injury proneness of 17 which is really bad for u. Also, sell reina while he still has some value as he will get old soon. Don't worry you can get an even better replacement in rene adler. Sell n'gog and bring vaclav kadlec to back up your first choice striker. Switch your positions to 4 4 2. Sell carragher and bring in kjaer or subotic. Sell your older excess players over 30. Also, buy kryvtsov, toni kroos, jovetic because they are beasts! Sell cavelieri because hes ****.Play your team like this, after signings:

GK: Adler
RB: Glen Johnson
CB: Subotic
CB: Chiellini
LB: Kolarov
DMC: Mascherano
AMR: Gerrard/messi
AMC: Gourcuff
AML: Jovetic
ST: Aguero
ST: Dzeko

This may seem stupid but try to raise the funds to buy messi. Sell gerrard if you have to because it will be worth it.

Your second team should be

GK: Sergio Asenjo
RB: Diego Renan/Santon
CB: Kryvtsov
CB: Sakho
LB: Gareth Bale
DMC: Miguel Veloso
AMR: Alexis Sanchez
AMC: Hamsik
AML: Marin
ST: Kadlec
ST: Pato

rebuild your team sell everyone else and try your hardest to get messi. Also, you can only get toni kroos after one season, rotate with hamsik. BUT keep some players for reserves if you need them because of injuries
For youth team, buy verratti, lukaku, poli, neymar, khouma babacar, dodo and loan them out or keep them as reserves, they will develop into beasts

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Hi need some help plz! srna is getting old, im thinking of selling him soon. he's 30 now. should i sell him now?I have dodo as backup for marcelo and diego renan. I can shift renan back to right back and bring in dodo for covering marcelo. Is that a sufficient replacement for srna or should I go buy someone like ramos. BTW also have santon at right back!

Werder Breman 22million ST
Finished 2nd in Bundesliga
I'm in the Champions League.
Looking for anyone who's good.
All of the 22 million can be spent on the ST.

Update!

- SUGARDADDY! Got 247 million transfer budget
- Bought Aguero, Simon Kjaer, Eduardo Salvio, and Dodo
- Hired some of the best coaches around

Any other recommendations? How does Akinfeev as a goalie sound? :)

Werder Breman 22million ST
Finished 2nd in Bundesliga
I'm in the Champions League.
Looking for anyone who's good.
All of the 22 million can be spent on the ST.

try dzeko, berbatov, huntelaar, neymar, eduardo salvio, tafer, khouma babacar

Newcastle - 18 Mil Transfer Budget

Second Season - Start of premiership.

Current Squad:

GK: Steve Harper / Sinan Bolat

DR: Sebastian Corchia

DL: Diego Renan / Jlloyd Samuel (renan switches between DR/DL depending on need)

DC: Steven Taylor / Otamendi - Rafael Foster as backup. Marc Muniesa sending him out on loan to get experience.

DM/MC: Jack Rodwell/Juliano/James Rodriguez/Abou Diaby/Eyong Enoh/Hedwidges Meduro

ST: Vaclav Kadlec/Andy Carroll/Yannick Djalo/James Vaughan - Seems could use a more experienced striker? = Lukaku is in the youth squad atm, thinking of loaning him out to get experience.

Who do you think could be sold? Who should I bring in?

Got Bernado coming in on a 3month loan just to see what hes like, Vincenzo Florillo coming in on a 150k Transfer, will loan this keeper out for a season to get him some experience, as hes no at the level Harper and Bolat are at yet, but has the potential to be miles better.

Rodwell
Im Man City
For 17mil
I have 68mil left. But ive got a work permit for dzeko and he is being bought for 28mil.

I need to buy a quality CM aswell as Rodwell.

Shall I buy rodwell and who shall I buy as cm ?

Back