Who Should I Buy/Sell?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6K
  • Views Views 817K
Hello everyone. I'm currently managing West Ham and am struggling to find a left midfielder who fits the bill for my current squad. According to my Assistant Manager, Steve Clarke, the only player who is of enough quality to fit into that role is Jack Collison, who unfortunately is a central midfielder by trade. I have a budget of £5.9m and a remaining wage budget of £61k. I am only looking for a relatively short term signing, thus meaning age is no major concern, as long as they have at least a season left in them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. (Sorry if this isn't as short and snappy as other posts)

Hello I'd like a good young right back for my Southampton team. Currently still in League 1 (first season) but ideally I want someone who will develop into being good enough to play at the highest level. I've got about a million quid to play with.

martin petrov,hary kewell,and try coentrao he may be available for 5-6 mil

At Manchester United
1st Season
Transfer Budget - 24 Million (Was 68 Million)
Signed
Marco Verratti - 200k
Vaclav Kadlec - 2 Million
Bobby Zamora - 7 Million
Landon Donovan - 9 Million
Yaya Toure - 22 Million
Gervinho - 4 Million

Anywhere Else I Should Get To Make My Squad Better

I'd personally invest in another creative midfielder. Donovan is a squad player and Gervinho isn't fully developed yet. Go after Ozil with your remaining money. Don't pay over the odds though. Somewhere around £12 - £15 million is acceptable.

Otherwise, Barca or Real Madrid will tap him up and grab him when he's unsettled.

On another note, I'm surprised you could afford Toure's wage demands.

Last edited:
I'd personally invest in another creative midfielder. Donovan is a squad player and Gervinho isn't fully developed yet. Go after Ozil with your remaining money. Don't pay over the odds though. Somewhere around £12 - £15 million is acceptable.

Otherwise, Barca or Real Madrid will tap him up and grab him when he's unsettled.

On another note, I'm surprised you could afford Toure's wage demands.

kroos and rakitic are an option too

Hey how could i improve my udinese team i have a budget of £20m and im in my 2nd season

Mmmmm. I like your defense and your midfield but your forward line is a little sub-par in my opinion. Try investing in a strong young striker who could spearhead the offense in the future. You have enough support from your midfield to pick up a target man/poacher and you could also have a fast advanced forward.

Ok I have been stuck with a really hard decision for over a hour, and just can't make my mind up on which midfeilder I will sign.

I am Manchester United on the 31st August 2010 in the final moments of the transfer market.

I have bids accepted and agreed term with the following players

Yoann Gourcuff - £17.5M
Hamsik - £17M
Matias Fernandez - £10.5M

I aslo had agreed to sign Milner (£9M) and Piatti (£12M) but they mainly play on the wing so they would not be needed as much.

Ok I have been stuck with a really hard decision for over a hour, and just can't make my mind up on which midfeilder I will sign.

I am Manchester United on the 31st August 2010 in the final moments of the transfer market.

Yoann Gourcuff - £17.5M
Hamsik - £17M

I aslo had agreed to sign Milner (£9M) and Piatti (£12M) but they mainly play on the wing so they would not be needed as much.

Hmm. Out of the three there, I would go for Yoann Gourcuff - yes, £17.5 is quite abit, but as United I'm pretty sure you'll regain that money.

Yoann Gourcuff - £17.5M
Hamsik - £17M

i dont know hamsik performs always better for me

Yoann Gourcuff - £17.5M
Hamsik - £17M

None of em. If you've go 10.3 installed get Ozil!! Otherwise Gourcuff. Great all round playmaker but you will need some ball winning midfielders around him.

In my first season as a manager of Portsmouth, I have the following team:

portsmouthsquad.jpg

I definitely need an ML at least and perhaps a few more players. Can you suggest an ML/other left winger and any other players as you see fit?

Wage budget: $700K max ($525K current)...max salary = $70K p/w
Transfer budget left: $16M
Board expectation: Avoid relegation, although I would prefer a better position :)
Version 10.3

alright, i'm Notts Co. Budget is 12 mill. Need a LM, RM and a Striker. Thank you

View attachment 98449
I'm at the start of my second season with Tottenham. The three players off the screen are Basson , Dawson and Kaboul. I have a budget £22 Mil. I was wondering if you think that I should buy or sell. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm playing with Blackburn currently and finished my first season (10th place), well took the minimum expectations for the next season and have 7mil (pounds) to spend. When I offload useless players I will have about 15mil and around 100k wage budget to spend. Would like to sign a new MC(AMC), CB, AMR.. and if possible some young and decent RB for backup.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you!

Back