Who will be Man Utd big summer signing

• Thread starter Thread starter ecfc2810
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 7K

What would be your favorite transfers?

• Total voters
Will Man Utd be able to sign anyone considering the debt that they are in?

Please tell me that is a "trolling comment" I am pretty sure plenty of clubs would want utd players, and as zeb has alreacdy explained there is 80million to buy players, hence why smalling and that mexican Javier Hendanez has signed.

hardly marquee signings are they? and even you should know the **** players at your own club. you know, the ones fans always call for being sold. Carrick, Barbetov etc. ok, other teams would want them, but not at the prices they're quoted at. 15mil plus? the only clubs with that amount to spend already have better options. so no, no trolling here.

vidic to Real 5 mil + benzema?

This is wishful thinking on your part. more like vidic plus 20 mil for benzema to madrid.
anyway the big signing out will be rooney to madrid for 90million.

vidic to Real 5 mil + benzema?

This is wishful thinking on your part. more like vidic plus 20 mil for benzema to madrid.
anyway the big signing out will be rooney to madrid for 90million.
benzema is out of favour at real madrid and its like;ly he will be out on loan as real turn their eye to one david villa. and vidic wont be sold since there isnt a like for like replacement available.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

hardly marquee signings are they? and even you should know the **** players at your own club. you know, the ones fans always call for being sold. Carrick, Barbetov etc. ok, other teams would want them, but not at the prices they're quoted at. 15mil plus? the only clubs with that amount to spend already have better options. so no, no trolling here.
you are trolling, dimi is a good player, who just doesnt fit at united, his style of play is the complete opposite. carrick is decent but not good enough to impose on a united midfield. they could still do a job in another team, carrick would be more suited to a lower tempo style team (its one of the reasons why hes been better recently for england at unted. 15 mill is within the range of the top italian teams, sevilla, athletico, lyon, bordeaux, bayern etc as well as the sual suspects

Why Carrick out? He was one of our best players last season

What about Paul **** as manager?

I have never rated him. He's too languid. I like players who show urgency and will to win since Utd play a quick, counter-attacking game most of the time.. Look at how van Bommel and Schweinsteiger controlled the mid when we played them. They are quick to close down the opposition and they offer an attacking threat at the same time.

Chelsea have Lampard/Ballack/Deco/Essien, Barca have Xavi/Iniesta/Toure. We have a considerably weaker midfield than most top teams. That's one area we should probably strengthen over the summer.

, carrick would be more suited to a lower tempo style team (its one of the reasons why hes been better recently for england at unted. 15 mill is within the range of the top italian teams, sevilla, athletico, lyon, bordeaux, bayern etc as well as the sual suspects

Carrick is the cornerstone of how you lot play currently. If he goes, then you'd be getting a like-for-like replacement, an improvement on him in that deeplying role or switching how you play again with a knock on effect on other players in the squad.

He's not flashy but Carrick is effective in what he does. No-one picks up on the fact that he's a poor man's Xabi Alonso though ;)

Ok man u are in debt but they are one of the few premier league clubs that make a profit

Carrick has been at Utd for 4 seasons now and has yet to experience NOT winning the league. This season has easily been his worst and we are in danger of not winning the league. Coincidence? Maybe? Maybe not? But apart from Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Alonso - all of which won't be joining Utd anytime soon - who is there out there that can offer more than Carrick? I think Jack Rodwell has the potential to be a top class CM very soon so I'd like to see Fergie snap him up whatever the price. He could come on loads training with Carrick, Giggs and Scholes

I'd love to see Gourcouff join United, they need a player that can run with the ball from midfield, Giggs is the only player in the united midfield that can run with the ball through the centre of midfield

I'd love to see David Villa obviously, and I wouldn't mind a player like Marek Hamsik coming to United. Jack Rodwell would also be a good signing, if we sign James Milner, he'd really come on leaps and bounds at United.

Carrick is the cornerstone of how you lot play currently. If he goes, then you'd be getting a like-for-like replacement, an improvement on him in that deeplying role or switching how you play again with a knock on effect on other players in the squad.

He's not flashy but Carrick is effective in what he does. No-one picks up on the fact that he's a poor man's Xabi Alonso though ;)
sometimes i just feel he could do more. maybe im being harsh on him, but hes had a bad season

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

i think there is too much focus on marquee signings, that a player must be a huge signing to improve the squad, evra wasnt a marquee signing, yet he is without doubt one of the best left backs in the world, vidic, not a massive signing, one of the best centrebacks in the world

Milner to united? Ok have United got 25mill + to spend on an average CM? He may seem like a Fergie player but technique wise hes not what the media or match of the day fans portait he to be. Also Milner who has only ever had manager stability at villa would want to change clubs already? Baring in mind hes on a more than suitable wage and has the country's best training facilities at his disposal.
United will sign a few defenders and bring macheda / welbeck through the system while signing one suprise striker. Also to all you people that rely on football knowledge through games like this and tv highlights / youtube may i just say enjoy your 'Top 4' Teams while it lasts because in a decade or so they wont exist as tier 1 football clubs, please end this internet ambition for the rest of the footballing world's sake.
Also sort of on topic will Liverpool sell key players end of this season, with the club being up for Sale and in debt to the current financial backers?

Last edited:
Milner to united? Ok have United got 25mill + to spend on an average CM? He may seem like a Fergie player but technique wise hes not what the media or match of the day fans portait he to be. Also Milner who has only ever had manager stability at villa would want to change clubs already? Baring in mind hes on a more than suitable wage and has the country's best training facilities at his disposal.
United will sign a few defenders and bring macheda / welbeck through the system while signing one suprise striker. Also to all you people that rely on football knowledge through games like this and tv highlights / youtube may i just say enjoy your 'Top 4' Teams while it lasts because in a decade or so they wont exist as tier 1 football clubs, please end this internet ambition for the rest of the footballing world's sake.
Also sort of on topic will Liverpool sell key players end of this season, with the club being up for Sale and in debt to the current financial backers?
utter drivel, well done

sometimes i just feel he could do more. maybe im being harsh on him, but hes had a bad season

Aye, he's being played in a 'water carrier' role (as a certain Eric would have put it). Hard to shine or stand out there. But he's neat and tidy and keeps play ticking over which is really what he's meant to be doing. Definitely a change in how he's playing though but I'd point the finger at his intructions from the manager and be more inclined to praise the role he plays for the team. He does something very similar for England too - the difference in how much more effective England are when Carrick is in that position as opposed to Lampard is a really good indicator of the value of Carrick there. Just from a footballing perspective, it's a shame that Hargreaves has been injured as he's got the engine (kind of like how Mash/Alonso used to operate at Liverpool) to get his midfield partner a little bit more room. Not sure Fletcher is quite at that level, worthy player that he is.

It'll definitely be interesting to see who you'll have lined up for the summer and whether there'll be at least another central midfielder going to you lot to help strengthen the squad. Scholes' contract extension would imply that you're looking to bring through one of the existing young players (whether Anderson or Gibson or whoever) so I'm not sure whether this is choice or necessity and Glazer is keeping control of the purse strings in order to pay off his Piks faster.

benzema is out of favour at real madrid and its like;ly he will be out on loan as real turn their eye to one david villa. and vidic wont be sold since there isnt a like for like replacement available.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

No Benezma will never leave on loan as madrid do not loan players from the first team only the Castilla players, they sell them to smaller clubs such as getafe, almeria and osasuna and then purchase the player back for double the fee (for some bizzare reason). this has happened with players such as negerdo, del la red, grenero and recently danny parejo.

Also david villa has said he will not be leaving spain due to family reasons. raul is leaving to join an american team in the summer so the replacment will be for him I reckon

White Magic, Villa did say he has changed his mind about moving abroad, United had the chance to agree the fee last week but SAF said 40million was to much for him considering his age. I don't think it is a world class striker need, I would say a creative midfielder. United lack that spark in midfield that Chelsea have with Lampard and Arsenal have with Fabregas. I would rather see our money spent on someone like that.

i wonder if any1 has realised that man u will waste their money like 12mil for smalling. get real, what a rubbish buy. also, they wont get any big signings cause they are in £700 mil of debt

i wonder if any1 has realised that man u will waste their money like 12mil for smalling. get real, what a rubbish buy. also, they wont get any big signings cause they are in £700 mil of debt
heres a thought, dont have a pop if you dont have all the facts. the fee for smalling is closer to 7 million not 12, and is based various appearance clauses. man united still have the 80 million available as a draw down, since it''ll have to paid back wther we use it is a different thing. so the only thing correct about your post is the debt. well done, great accuracy

Last edited:
^^^ some one raped. that kid
i dont mind people offering a different argument when they have facts on their side, but when they just have a go at my club, im definitely going to take them to task on it

Back