Why Arsenal winning the league would be a victory both for football and frugality

Ive got more chance of growing a 3rd ******** than Arsenal winning the quad.
Lol. Nevertheless, until its actually physically impossible, I wont stop dreaming :)

@the people saying our team is a bunch of *******, lets see...

I think its fair to say our back four are not *******.
Nasri - not a *****
Song - not a *****
Fabregas - not a *****
Wilshere - not a *****
Arshavin/Walcott - slightly *****
Chamakh - not a *****
RVP- slightly *****

So Arsenal being a bunch of ******* is kind of a myth.

don't agree with anything other than the fact that domestic players are expensive and thus everyone turns to cheap foreign players, or should try to nurture more more players

i certainly don't think a team that accuses their opponents of playing rugby whenever they lose would be a victory for football, in fact if Arsenal do win the league it will be a damning of the state of the Premier league.
also what is this jibber jabber about frugality? because Arsené is afraid to spend they are suddenly David to United, City and Chelsea's goliath? not buying it, i appreciate what Wenger has done for Arsenal but this is the worst Arsenal team he has ever had. Bar Fabregas, and maybe (just maybe) RVP at his best, none of them would get in the 'invincibles' team or the double winning team of the 90s

also Spurs and Blackpool are just as exciting

yes because what you just said is total undeniable fact that has proven those accusations false

Last edited:
Lol. Nevertheless, until its actually physically impossible, I wont stop dreaming :)

@the people saying our team is a bunch of *******, lets see...

I think its fair to say our back four are not *******.
Nasri - not a *****
Song - not a *****
Fabregas - not a *****
Wilshere - not a *****
Arshavin/Walcott - slightly *****
Chamakh - not a *****
RVP- slightly *****

Nasri looks WELL 'ARD in his Snood.

Arsenal aren't really ******* anymore, especcially seeing there disciplinary record and such.

Wilshere, is a bit of a thug on/off pitch tbh anyway.

The future is bright for them, however. Teams like Aston Villa and Liverpool have spent their money very poorly without planning for the future, and look at where they are now.

Villa haven't spent badly, O'Neill just didn't play his new buys.
If you look at how we've spent our money over the last 4/5 years, we've got Freidel, L Young, Dunne, Collins, Cuellar, Warnock, A Young, Petrov, NRC, Delph, Downing, and Heskey all still in the first team or being rotated in the first team, there are a couple of blips in Davies and Beye but they cannot be blamed for the league position this season, we've still got cash and have a sound financial footing still too, and have just signed 2 very exciting players.
What can be blamed for our poor performance this season is the loss of the manager who built the entire squad, a new manager with an entirely different philosophy on football coming in and the time it's taking to adapt to that and for him to shape the squad to what he wants

On topic: Arsenal really should be admired by clubs around the world, while they haven't won anything in the the past 5 years they have still maintained a certain dominance about them and never seriously looked like losing it (such as Liverpool have), I sincerely hope they do win the league this season just as a fantastic advert for a club that has some sense and logic and thought for the future being able to still be successful.

don't agree with anything other than the fact that domestic players are expensive and thus everyone turns to cheap foreign players, or should try to nurture more more players

i certainly don't think a team that accuses their opponents of playing rugby whenever they lose would be a victory for football, in fact if Arsenal do win the league it will be a damning of the state of the Premier league.
also what is this jibber jabber about frugality? because Arsené is afraid to spend they are suddenly David to United, City and Chelsea's goliath? not buying it, i appreciate what Wenger has done for Arsenal but this is the worst Arsenal team he has ever had. Bar Fabregas, and maybe (just maybe) RVP at his best, none of them would get in the 'invincibles' team or the double winning team of the 90s

yes because what you just said is total undeniable fact that has proven those accusations false

ok then oO) can i ask who you support?

Oh sorry, did you want a big IMO there?
Please do provide a case for any of those players being *******. As to the rest of the dribble you wrote, ok mate, you may continue to live in your deluded world.

Nasri is a strong player, he stays on his feet and can ride a challenge.

Please do provide a case for any of those players being *******. As to the rest of the dribble you wrote, ok mate, you may continue to live in your deluded world.

i'd say it's an insult to former gunners sides to in someway suggest Nasri is a hard man,
you just said in what- to me, appaered a smug tone as if you really had set the record straight.
Nasri is a fantastic player but certainly doesn't warrant being called hard, not that i'm sure it's relevent in the slightest.
Drogba is a total ***** yet, if he's on form, can bully just about any team.

Meh, anyone who wears a snood, is in my book, a *****.

If you look at how much Arsenal has spent compared to how much money they have made selling their players, then compare that number to United and Chelsea, yes, they are pretty much David versus two goliaths. That's why neutrals such as myself want to see them win the league. No one (other than Chelsea fans) want to see Chelsea win because it proves that the Prem is simply all about money. United is better than Chelsea in that regard but they still spend a lot and they've already won so much...I think most of us would rather see Arsenal get one.

And if we're going to compare squads, do you honestly think this United team is half as good as the one that won the Champions League final a few years ago? That this Chelsea team is anywhere near as good as it was under Mourinho? There aren't any very good teams n the Prem right now. It's a year to forget.

Chelsea is on the decline, Liverpool is on the decline (though if they're willing to spend a lot of money, they may be on the rise), Aston Villa is on the decline (same goes for what I said about Liverpool), and ManU relies a lot on older players. I don't know how good their youngsters will become either, I think a lot of them are overrated and won't turn out to be that good, especially the Brazilians in the team. Tottenham won't quite be a title challenger unless they spend a lot more, though I don't know that much about them and their financial situation tbh.

i'd say it's an insult to former gunners sides to in someway suggest Nasri is a hard man,
you just said in what- to me, appaered a smug tone as if you really had set the record straight.
Nasri is a fantastic player but certainly doesn't warrant being called hard, not that i'm sure it's relevent in the slightest.
Drogba is a total ***** yet, if he's on form, can bully just about any team.
I didn't say he's a hard-man. I said he's not a ***** that falls down after any challenge, read before you write please. Drogs is not a *****, he's just a **** for going down easy sometimes. How was I smug, if you want to counter my points, please do so.

Meh, anyone who wears a snood, is in my book, a *****.
pretty poor book then. not sure why people obsess about the snood anyway ( only in the UK would we obsess about it) its not about what they wear but how they play

If you look at how much Arsenal has spent compared to how much money they have made selling their players, then compare that number to United and Chelsea, yes, they are pretty much David versus two goliaths. That's why neutrals such as myself want to see them win the league. No one (other than Chelsea fans) want to see Chelsea win because it proves that the Prem is simply all about money. United is better than Chelsea in that regard but they still spend a lot and they've already won so much...I think most of us would rather see Arsenal get one.

And if we're going to compare squads, do you honestly think this United team is half as good as the one that won the Champions League final a few years ago? That this Chelsea team is anywhere near as good as it was under Mourinho? There aren't any very good teams n the Prem right now. It's a year to forget.

Chelsea is on the decline, Liverpool is on the decline (though if they're willing to spend a lot of money, they may be on the rise), Aston Villa is on the decline (same goes for what I said about Liverpool), and ManU relies a lot on older players. I don't know how good their youngsters will become either, I think a lot of them are overrated and won't turn out to be that good, especially the Brazilians in the team. Tottenham won't quite be a title challenger unless they spend a lot more, though I don't know that much about them and their financial situation tbh.
yes the brazilians, one of which is one the best young fullbacks in europe....

but not gonna get into this on an arsenal thread. in short you dont watch enough united if you say all that

Arsenal are certainly regaining that agressive streak but they lack it still at the very back

right this isnt about who wears a snood stay on topic

Villa haven't spent badly, O'Neill just didn't play his new buys.
If you look at how we've spent our money over the last 4/5 years, we've got Freidel, L Young, Dunne, Collins, Cuellar, Warnock, A Young, Petrov, NRC, Delph, Downing, and Heskey all still in the first team or being rotated in the first team, there are a couple of blips in Davies and Beye but they cannot be blamed for the league position this season, we've still got cash and have a sound financial footing still too, and have just signed 2 very exciting players.
What can be blamed for our poor performance this season is the loss of the manager who built the entire squad, a new manager with an entirely different philosophy on football coming in and the time it's taking to adapt to that and for him to shape the squad to what he wants

Fair enough, I don't know much about Villa TBH, all I've noticed is that they have spent a ton of money (transfers and wages), some of it on some players I've barely even heard of. You definitely know more than I do about them though so if you think their future is bright than it probably is. As long as they can keep in line with the new financial rules. But do you think they can ever be title challengers, or even make the CL (with Tottenham, Man City, and Liverpool in the mix) without spending a lot of money? I hope so, I prefer them to the three I just listed.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

yes the brazilians, one of which is one the best young fullbacks in europe....

but not gonna get into this on an arsenal thread. in short you dont watch enough united if you say all that

Arsenal are certainly regaining that agressive streak but they lack it still at the very back

Well I don't watch that much United, it's just my opinion, but every time I watch the Da Silva twins I'm disappointed. Everyone makes a huge deal about how good they are, but every time I've watched them play they haven't done anything special. They don't seem very skilled compared to a lot of the Latin American players I watch every weekend, and they don't seem to be very good at defending. They also seem to have a habit of bad decisions and bad tackles. I'm not really sure what their strengths are supposed to be other than pace. I bet they would have been much better players had they stayed in Brazil for awhile and then came to United.

Arsenal will win the Carling Cup, finish in 2nd in the PL, lose in the FA Semis, and crash out in the Ro16 in the CL.

...fact.

Last edited:
Arsenal will win the Carling Cup, maybe finish in 2nd in the PL, lose in the FA Semis, and crash out in the Ro16 in the CL.

...fact.

Maybe and Fact don't really go well tbh mate.