Why Arsenal winning the league would be a victory both for football and frugality

this isnt about chelsea or any other clubs apart from arsenal stick to the topic
Alrighty mate derailed after I made some suggestive comments :'(
So how's about 2 CM with Nasri and Cesc as **** buddies, eh Wenger?

As much as I'd love to see United getting spanked, a 7-0 win vs Ipswich and a 2-0 win vs Rovers does not mean Chelsea are "Back to form"

They might be on the right path but I'd like to see their upcoming fixtures, only way I think it'd be fit to restore confidence is 5 consecutive victories in the next fixtures (Including Kopenhavn who gave Barcelona a hard time in the CL)

Last post on this but i never said we are back on form, but surely winning games gives players more confidence and belief to go and and keep winning?

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

What? Chelsea got City, Spurs, Arsenal 1x..and then you get the UNBEATEN United 2x....so i dont know where did you get that?

We haven't got Arsenal?? I do not know what you mean??

We do play to our strenghts. Arsenal' football is more eneteraining then say stoke..surely a team which is entrertaing deserves to win stuff instead of 'hit and hope.'

No not at all. And this is the way Arsenal fans are precieved by many "oh we play lovely football we deserve to win things" etc etc. Just my opinion on this but just because your football is more attractive dosen't make it more effective and the team that is more effective deserves to win trophys and will.

Last post on this but i never said we are back on form, but surely winning games gives players more confidence and belief to go and and keep winning?
Yee but when you got Lamps saying things are derailing fast with Carlo, morale will take quite some time to reform.

OT: Arshavin - great player, bad performances

Yee but when you got Lamps saying things are derailing fast with Carlo, morale will take quite some time to reform.

OT: Arshavin - great player, bad performances

Lampards saying what the people and media are alreadys saying?? Also i think alot was taken out of context as their was no video of this interview. As i watch ChelseaTV i saw a interview with him and he echoed what he said and it was hugely twisted by the media (shock horror).

Totally agree about Arshavin, he was amazing for the first year or so but he is so wastefull now. i think they should get rid.

We haven't got Arsenal?? I do not know what you mean??
Sorry forgot...but still 2x united....and spurs, city. City only have spurs, chelsea, manu, and spurs have the same expect Arsenal instead of manU. So i see Chelsea as the one who has the hardest tests coming.

I think they might miss on top 4 this season.

Last edited:
although i respect them for the way they run the club financialy they don't deserve to win the league for the way they play their football.

for me the best football is the football that works best for your side. So because Arsenal move the ball quickly that means they deserve to win trophys more than a team managed by Sam Allardyce??? Football is a results business and you must play to your strengths.

:(

You don't see how you contradicted yourself here? Arsenal has more technically skilled players, and that's why they play the way they do...they wouldn't be successful if they played like Stoke. They're successful because they play like Arsenal, meaning they play to their strengths, just like you said. But then you say they don't deserve to win the league because of the way they play football. So a team deserves to win the league because of their style of play? What style exactly is that? And if they win the league, than they got results and played to their strengths. So why would you have a problem with that? Why would you root against them as opposed to ManU, for example? Whatever the case, they are getting better results than Chelsea is right now.

Anyways, it is true that neutrals such as myself want to see Arsenal win because of the way they play the game. That's because I can't stand watching Premiership football and think Chelsea and United don't play attractive football. Some of us buy into the philosophy that playing attractive football is important, and we want to see the teams that play that way win. That's why I want to see Barcelona do well even though I have no connection to them.

Sorry forgot...but still 2x united....and spurs, city. City only have spurs, chelsea, manu, and spurs have the same expect Arsenal instead of manU. So i see Chelsea as the one who has the hardest test coming.

I think they might miss on top 4 this season.

Chelsea at home are a totaly different prospect. I just think you are counting your chickens way too early.

Devoultcha...I agree with your assessment other than who will get 3rd and 4th place, and between Tottenham, Chelsea, and City, I have no idea, but it should be a good race. What is that video in your avatar though? I have to ask since I've seen it so many times. Is she some celebrity? It seems like she's definitely on drugs...I was thinking she just smoked some salvia or something.

Chelsea at home are a totaly different prospect. I just think you are counting your chickens way too early.

Lol..chelsea have sucked home too. They are in bad form and beating some division team 7-0 and Blackburn 2-0 doesn't make them in good form. They are still going to lose many points this season.

:(

You don't see how you contradicted yourself here? Arsenal has more technically skilled players, and that's why they play the way they do...they wouldn't be successful if they played like Stoke. They're successful because they play like Arsenal, meaning they play to their strengths, just like you said. But then you say they don't deserve to win the league because of the way they play football. So a team deserves to win the league because of their style of play? What style exactly is that? And if they win the league, than they got results and played to their strengths. So why would you have a problem with that? Why would you root against them as opposed to ManU, for example? Whatever the case, they are getting better results than Chelsea is right now.

Anyways, it is true that neutrals such as myself want to see Arsenal win because of the way they play the game. That's because I can't stand watching Premiership football and think Chelsea and United don't play attractive football. Some of us buy into the philosophy that playing attractive football is important, and we want to see the teams that play that way win. That's why I want to see Barcelona do well even though I have no connection to them.

Just because Arsenal have adopted this way of playing dosen't mean they deserve to win trophys thats my point. Everyone goes on about playing this so called lovely football but one of the best performances i have ever seen was Inter Milan against Barcelona in the 2nd leg of the semi final last season. They didnt play so called attractive football in that game but would you say they didn't deserve to win the tie?

STAY ON TOPIC!!! STOP TALKING ABOUT CHEATSKI!

Anyways.. I really think if we can get a result against Ipswich, and then win the CC, we will get huge momentum from our first bit of silverware for a while, and can push a Man Utd side that hasn't actually played all that well, despite the results. It's not just Arsenal's short, fluid passing that makes them an admirable team for me and many others, but the financial model is something to be proud of - We've picked up bargains while still occasionally willing to spend a bit of cash (Nasri, Arshavin etc.). In a couple of years, we will have pretty much wiped our Emirates debt through Highbury Flat sales etc. (Winning something would only quicken this process).

Just because Arsenal have adopted this way of playing dosen't mean they deserve to win trophys thats my point. Everyone goes on about playing this so called lovely football but one of the best performances i have ever seen was Inter Milan against Barcelona in the 2nd leg of the semi final last season. They didnt play so called attractive football in that game but would you say they didn't deserve to win the tie?

That's fine, but that's not what you said. You said that you didn't want them to win the title because of the way they play football. So clearly you value one type of football over the other, and you didn't explain why Arsenal's was worse than ManU's for example.

Devoultcha...I agree with your assessment other than who will get 3rd and 4th place, and between Tottenham, Chelsea, and City, I have no idea, but it should be a good race. What is that video in your avatar though? I have to ask since I've seen it so many times. Is she some celebrity? It seems like she's definitely on drugs...I was thinking she just smoked some salvia or something.
No, you're pretty far off, just some girl who wound up famous on 4chan (forum) and spread to the rest of modern internet culture, got off the internet as a video maker when trolls got angry her videos caused the site to crash (too many views) and she's recently returned. No drugs involved.

In brief - She's Boxxybabe.

But I'm PRETTY confident Man City/Utd, Arsenal and Spurs will be the only ones in the TOp 4, not ENTIRELY sure about their position though.

But we play to our strengths, which happens to be playing technically fluent, "beautiful" football - ergo, by your statement, we deserve to win something.

Lol..chelsea have sucked home too. They are in bad form and beating some division team 7-0 and Blackburn 2-0 doesn't make them in good form. They are still going to lose many points this season.

And remind me again how did Arsenal got on against that "some division team"??? When did i say we were in good form?? Infact were did i say on here that we were going to win the league?? The way the season has gone all teams will drop many points, maybe just maybe Chelsea have done their point dropping for the season??

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

That's fine, but that's not what you said. You said that you didn't want them to win the title because of the way they play football. So clearly you value one type of football over the other, and you didn't explain why Arsenal's was worse than ManU's for example.

I don't value one type of football. i value the football that works for that bunch of players at any given time. Utd's is better because if they need to attack they will attack, if they need to sit on a lead they will sit on a lead, if they need to get stuck in the will get stuck in.

No, you're pretty far off, just some girl who wound up famous on 4chan (forum) and spread to the rest of modern internet culture, got off the internet as a video maker when trolls got angry her videos caused the site to crash (too many views) and she's recently returned. No drugs involved.

In brief - She's Boxxybabe.

But I'm PRETTY confident Man City/Utd, Arsenal and Spurs will be the only ones in the TOp 4, not ENTIRELY sure about their position though.

Hmm, interesting. Not sure what 4chan is or what she could do to be that popular (she's decent looking but nothing special) but I'm shocked she's not on drugs, what's with all the messed up facial expressions?

On-topic: yeah I agree, I have a feeling Chelsea won't be top 4 this year, though it should be very close. I have a feeling United will win by about 6 points, Arsenal will be in second, and whoever is in 3rd will be about 6 points back. ManU has played like ***** this season but gets lucky with all of these results, and they only get better as the season progresses, not to mention Rooney will start playing better, so I see them running away with the league. Arsenal won't catch them for psychological reasons (been too long since they've won) and an injury crisis. Mostly it will be for not having a good enough defense. They'll boss teams around but allow late goals that cost them too many points. A real shame.

As for the other three: I don't think any of them are nearly as strong as United or Arsenal this season, but the race for 3 and 4 should be great and will definitely go down to the last fixture or two.

And the first match against Leeds mattered HOW? We won the replay no harm done. Only harm that players need to play 1 match more.

And the Ipswitch result we can talk about after second match.

And then we won the against Hammers which was the most important match.

And remind me again how did Arsenal got on against that "some division team"??? When did i say we were in good form?? Infact were did i say on here that we were going to win the league?? The way the season has gone all teams will drop many points, maybe just maybe Chelsea have done their point dropping for the season??

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

I don't value one type of football. i value the football that works for that bunch of players at any given time. Utd's is better because if they need to attack they will attack, if they need to sit on a lead they will sit on a lead, if they need to get stuck in the will get stuck in.

OK, but Arsenal play the way they do because it fits their players, and if they win the league, than wouldn't their style of play have 'worked for that bunch of players at that time?'