Why do people still think Newcastle are a big club?

• Thread starter Thread starter alexjp123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 138
  • Views Views 11K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed by the latest news that Demba Ba has decided to go to Newcastle following their signing of Yohan Cabaye.

As an Everton fan, I can't comprehend why Ba would choose them over us? -other than money of course-

Maybe because all our fans aren't moany *****?

And why would Cabaye leave the French champions more a mid table premiership team?

To play in a better league? The best league in the world, apparently. Rather than going and sitting on the bench at a top four team, he wants to actually get some game time and maybe earn a place in a top four side by proving he can play at this level.

Everton have been consistently performing well over the past few seasons, with a proven manager and plenty of quality players.

But you are on a downward spiral, you have no funds, **** fans and a ginger manager.

Alan Pardew is borderline at best, and I can't really think of more than 1 or 2 quality players at Newcastle. It seems players are still attracted by the stadium and past success.

1 or 2 quality players? Are you some kind of ******? Have you never seen Ameobi play? or what about Nile Ranger? James Perch? Leon Best? ******* ****.

Also, why would you not be attracted by the stadium? I would rather play in a nice stadium with lots of fans that turn up, compared to say.. playing at Goodison.

Once the Andy Carroll money has run out, they'll just go back to being a debt-ridden club owned by a fat slob wallowing around the middle of the prem. Everton will still be performing miracles out of nothing and causing the top 4 a headache.

Debt ridden club? Coming from an Everton fan? priceless. Also, 7th is hardly causing top four a headache, much too low, maybe some **** ache? Piles maybe?

If Newcastle have matched Ba's salary demands of £70k/week then maybe I'm not so upset, as to me he seems the type of player who will have 1 good season and then just get lazy thinking he's better than he is.

So.. your upset you didn't get Ba, but you think he's going to get lazy after a season? Righto. In the past, you signed the likes of Yakubu.. apart from the fact he was the size of a large barge and couldn't hit a cows **** with a banjo, is that why you can apparently predict the future over Demba Ba? Apart from his injury problems, Demba Ba is alot better than Yakubu, also better than.. Beckford.. Saha.. any other strikers you have..

Throwing my toys out of my pram over

Fixed. :)

So, in summary, come back in, lets say.. a year, and if you finish above us, or haven't gone out of business, I will give you a cake.

I may be biased but i think we have a better fan base than you's, as thats already been pointed out.

I think demba ba choose us over you's as he would have more of a chance of a starting place with us, as you have beckford, saha etc etc, and we have the likes of shola, ranger and lovenkrands, not much competition there to be fair......

All in all, i think i disagree with your thread :) Dunc's post above pretty much nailed all the points needed.

And people keep replying to a month old thread that got resurrected 2 days ago.

And people keep replying to a month old thread that got resurrected 2 days ago.

Whats the fun in closing it, when we can still tear the guy apart? :)

One thing I would say to this argument:

Dunc, I have seen James Perch play, it isn't much of a happy sight.

However, Newcastle are an awesome club, getting decent players like Ba and Cayabe, looking forward to seeing how they match up next season.

Why do people think Newcastle are a big club??

1 - Third largest average attendance in the EPL, behind ManU and Arsenal, 10,000 more than Everton. We even pulled in 50k crowds in the second tier, how many clubs would do that?

2 - Are one of the most supported teams in the world (16th if I remember rightly)

3 - One of the most impressive and iconic stadia in England, if not Europe.

4 - Very passionate supporters.

5 - Have lifted a European trophy.

6 - Top facilities, ranked among the best on the continent.

Why did Ba choose Newcastle over Everton?

1 - Better standard facilities, some of the best in Europe.

2 - Newcastle are famed for Attacking football, its part of the club's DNA. Everton aren't exactly riveting are they?

3 - More chance to play first team games.

Why did Cabaye move from French Champions to Newcastle, a mid-table EPL club?

1 - A huge chance to prove all of the hype surrounding him in the world's best league.

2 - Newcastle are the most supported foreign team in France.

3 - Newcastle have a good history of importing French successfully.

4 - He was impressed with the club's future plans.

There.

\Thread.

To add -

[video=youtube;dCr2B7ecbsA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCr2B7ecbsA [/video]

Last edited:
You're not adding anything to the discussion. It's already been talked about in the previous pages.

Different people have different opinions, and are all allowed to present them, if it was today, yesterday, a week ago, a month ago.

Just because a topic has been discussed already, doesn't mean other people might not have things to add, or even to counter point something that has already been said.

You, crying about the fact that people are discussing something brought up about a month ago, are adding even less to the debate, so either discuss said topic, or gtfo.

It is as easy as that.

I think if anyone needed to see why Newcastle have some of the best fans, look at Dunc and StuW.

I know that most people are passionate about their club, but if we ever needed proof of why they are a big club, just look how much they care.

But let's not turn this into an Everton/Newcastle war, both are decent teams, both have positives and negatives.

Different people have different opinions, and are all allowed to present them, if it was today, yesterday, a week ago, a month ago.

Just because a topic has been discussed already, doesn't mean other people might not have things to add, or even to counter point something that has already been said.

You, crying about the fact that people are discussing something brought up about a month ago, are adding even less to the debate, so either discuss said topic, or gtfo.

It is as easy as that.

I'm giving you a reality call - you're not going to get an answer, if you're even looking for one, as the thread is a month old. Thus, I'm adding a lot more than you to your 'debate' (more like a monologue).

And I'm not 'crying' about anything, just pointing out a simple fact. If you feel the need to go paladin or tough guy to defend your club's honour, be my guest. But you might as well attempt to establish a conversation with a wall.

I'm giving you a reality call - you're not going to get an answer, if you're even looking for one, as the thread is a month old. Thus, I'm adding a lot more than you to your 'debate' (more like a monologue).

And I'm not 'crying' about anything, just pointing out a simple fact. If you feel the need to go paladin or tough guy to defend your club's honour, be my guest. But you might as well attempt to establish a conversation with a wall.

Whats your problem? I responded once to the guy, just posting my thoughts on his OP. There is no reality call, the fact is, we get a huge turnover of people here that don't come back after posting an OP, does that mean we should just discount all these threads because the OP doesn't come back? What if an Everton fan has a retort to my post, it doesn't have to be the original poster, anyone can have a difference in opinion to mine, yours or whoever, and they are free to post their thoughts on other posts on the thread, again, not just aiming their posts at the OP.

Considering other people are actually discussing the OP, there are still things to talk about, and as moderators, it is our job to decide when that has come to an end, not your job. If you have a massive problem with a thread/post, feel free to report it, but your one-man crusade against people posting on a month old thread is going to be a relatively fruitless one I imagine.

Although, I feel this conversation would be better if directed at a wall, considering your stubborn, and wrong, stance on the subject.

Off topic: Dunc <3

On topic: I don't see much of an argument in this, granted Newcastle have been doing rather poor of late(relative to what they have been doing) They still have a great stadium and a huge fan base, Everton have been performing better recently but Newcastle have more to offer IMO.

Whats your problem? I responded once to the guy, just posting my thoughts on his OP. There is no reality call, the fact is, we get a huge turnover of people here that don't come back after posting an OP, does that mean we should just discount all these threads because the OP doesn't come back? What if an Everton fan has a retort to my post, it doesn't have to be the original poster, anyone can have a difference in opinion to mine, yours or whoever, and they are free to post their thoughts on other posts on the thread, again, not just aiming their posts at the OP.

Considering other people are actually discussing the OP, there are still things to talk about, and as moderators, it is our job to decide when that has come to an end, not your job. If you have a massive problem with a thread/post, feel free to report it, but your one-man crusade against people posting on a month old thread is going to be a relatively fruitless one I imagine.

Although, I feel this conversation would be better if directed at a wall, considering your stubborn, and wrong, stance on the subject.

Well, considering you thoroughly quoted each and every bit of the op's post, and even going as far as to insult him, I'm guessing you do expect a response from him. Or maybe I've just been doing it wrong all this time... But if you're feeling lucky, be my guest!

Everton is bigger club then Newcastle just because Rodwell plays for Everton. I think Rodwell is best player ever, so my argument seems legit. I like Newcastle, I always did, and I always would. Big club, it was sad they when they got relegated :/.

[video=youtube;jMQTcj0AM4E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMQTcj0AM4E[/video] this is why Partizan iz bigger club than Newcastle Stuw :P

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Give Athe some slack Dunc, Argentina just got kicked out from Copa America (A)

i still think they are good. still a Liverpool vs N.castle is a classic Epl match for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back