Why do people still think Newcastle are a big club?

• Thread starter Thread starter alexjp123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 138
  • Views Views 11K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle have had some of the most classic EPL matches.

Newcastle v Liverpool, most ending 4-3

Newcastle 8-0 Sheff Wed

Newcastle 5-0 Manchester United
[video=youtube;dK4wFKYtipo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK4wFKYtipo[/video]

Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal
[video=youtube;Yeiq0r9D3po]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yeiq0r9D3po[/video]

Newcastle 7-1 Spurs
[video=youtube;Gh-OS3gHwnk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh-OS3gHwnk[/video]

And the Premier League's greatest striker.

And the Premier League's greatest striker.

Didn't know Thierry Henry played for Newcastle :P (Or Kevin Phillips for that matter!!!)

They are a big clud due to their fan base which although some are borderline special extremley loyal, to a certain degree. Most level headed mags accept they are not one of the biggset clubs in the country anymore but they are a big club as Also beleive Sunderland and even Forest/Leeds are big clubs

And all this from a Sunderland fan dark days indeed.

Didn't know Thierry Henry played for Newcastle :P (Or Kevin Phillips for that matter!!!)

They are a big clud due to their fan base which although some are borderline special extremley loyal, to a certain degree. Most level headed mags accept they are not one of the biggset clubs in the country anymore but they are a big club as Also beleive Sunderland and even Forest/Leeds are big clubs

And all this from a Sunderland fan dark days indeed.

Alan Shearer has scored more goals in the EPL than any other player(270). We are a big club, but not one of the biggest at the moment. As for saying Sunder**nd are a big club, lets not get carried away.

Is it just me that actually thinks that Newcastle is a bigger club thn Everton O.o?

Amazing fan base, amazing stadium, and last year they did pretty well for a team that came from the Championship. Ofc we know they were NEVER a championship team, but they made an amazing season when they were there. Also, that 4 goal come back agaisnt Arsenal, that **** is just HISTORY.

I think the reason newcastle are a big club is that over 90% of people from newcastle who follow football support them. even we (man united) can't say that (though were close), liverpool, chelsea and arsenal all can't say that. Man city claim they have the support of the whole of manchester, but they don't.
so this makes newcastle unique and big.
its a nice place aswell (in most parts) and a good stadium!
'i would luvvit if we beat them, luvvit'

Last edited:
Alan Shearer has scored more goals in the EPL than any other player(270). We are a big club, but not one of the biggest at the moment. As for saying Sunder**nd are a big club, lets not get carried away.

Was abit banter. As Henry did it shorter span with one club he may be considered the best.

Erm I think Sunderland are a big club of course Newcastle fans dont accept that, would bore you wtih facts about how we finished above you we have good stadium and fan base but no doubt would simply get a response of 5-1 or 5under1and and would make me shake my head and say Ah....

So will leave on the note that yes Newcastle are a big club I am big enough to admit that.

Was abit banter. As Henry did it shorter span with one club he may be considered the best.

Erm I think Sunderland are a big club of course Newcastle fans dont accept that, would bore you wtih facts about how we finished above you we have good stadium and fan base but no doubt would simply get a response of 5-1 or 5under1and and would make me shake my head and say Ah....

So will leave on the note that yes Newcastle are a big club I am big enough to admit that.

I clearly forgot the XD after my 5under1and comment XD

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

See what I did there :P

I clearly forgot the XD after my 5under1and comment XD

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

See what I did there :P

Brilliant almost as funny as those idiots than ran onto a the pitch at Darlo in a friendly. Well Done ^^)

Just almost mind to make it as funny maybe another comment simliar to that one will seal the deal for you.

Last edited:
I love how when a fan likes to prove his team's worth, he shows past achievements or comes up with snarky comments about anothers team. Is there no respect?

I think Sunderland are a big club too. As are Leeds and Forest.

This is why ;)

Football League Champions
1904-05; 1906-07; 1908-09; 1926-27

FA Premier League Runners-up
1996; 1997

FL Championship Winners

FL Division One (Two) Champions

FL Division Two Champions

FL promotion to top division
1898; 1948; 1984; 1965; 1993

FA Cup Winners
1910 v Barnsley, Crystal Palace & Goodison Park
1924 v Aston Villa, Wembley Stadium
1932 v Arsenal, Wembley Stadium
1951 v Blackpool, Wembley Stadium
1952 v Arsenal, Wembley Stadium
1955 v Manchester City

FA Cup Runners-up
1905 v Aston Villa, Crystal Palace
1906 v Everton, Crystal Palace
1908 v Wolverhampton Wanderers, Crystal Palace
1911 v Bradford City, Crystal Palace & Old Trafford
1974 v Liverpool, Wembley Stadium
1998 v Arsenal, Wembley Stadium
1999 v Manchester United, Wembley Stadium

Football League Cup Runners-Up
1976 v Manchester City, Wembley Stadium

FA Charity Shield Winners
1909 v Northampton Town

FA Charity Shield Runners-up
1932, 1951, 1952, 1955, 1996

European Fairs Cup Winners
1969 v Ujpesti Dosza, St James' Park & Ujpest

ICFC/UEFA Cup entry
1968/69, 1969/70, 1970/71, 1977/78, 1994/95, 1996/97, 1999/00, 2003/04,2004/05

UEFA Champions League entry
1997/98 2002/2003

European Cup Winners Cup entry
1998/99

Texaco Cup Winners
1974; 1975

Anglo-Italian Cup Winners

Not really a fit....

You just lived up to my low expectations of most Newcastle fans TBH.

What I said was clearly a bit of banter. TBH, Sunderland have their own successes, and deservedly are in the EPL.

What I said was clearly a bit of banter. TBH, Sunderland have their own successes, and deservedly are in the EPL.

As was mine yet you didnt seem to take it that way.

End of discussion really banter it was and banter it shall remain :)

be quiet the both of you. I don't see why you are posting here when it is not NUFC related. Take it to PM, or there will be infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back