Why do you support your team ?

This glory hunting bollocks is a load of cack, football is meant to be entertainment, so if someone decides theyre gonna support Arsenal/Man U/Accrington Stanley because they are entertained by the team, then where is the big deal? We all have the right to chose a football team, and being labelled a glory hunter isnt really fair.

because where i live in glasgow its either rangers or you take up rugby :D and also i have been infulenced by my family as they were all season ticket holders(L)

I was born less than a mile from St James' Park...

Being born in Eastbourne in the 70's on the South East coast does not really give you much scope to support a local team except Brighton but they do not feel right in my heart. My Mum and my Brother both supported Liverpool for reasons I don't know and they tried to get me to do the same. Being the rebel I am I decided not to follow that same route and with Tottenham signing Ardiles and Villa that gave me added interest in supporting them. Of course they then went on to win the FA Cup in 81 and that was it.

Only within the last 10 years Eastbourne have a team worth following and I take an interest in them as they are officially my home town club.

Enga cause they're my local team when I live in Oslo, and Celtic as it's my local team and my dad supports them.

All my friends went for Liverpool or Man Utd, so I went for Chelsea.

Arsenal - Watched them in the '01 FA Cup final, started the game as a Liverpool fan, ended it as a Gooner. The love grew rapidly.
Coventry - Wanted a lower level club to follow and Coventry popped up.
Phoenix - Local team.

My dad was a life-long Chelski fan, and I was born in Chelsea Hospital so, yeah, Chelsea :)

And I support a lot of local clubs, in London, and Hampshire :p

Chelsea - Back when Hasselbaink played I fell in love with him haha, loved Chelsea ever since :wub:

Newcastle - Just do for some reason

Brisbane - No local team, so I closed my eyes and picked Brisbane on some paper haha!

Guillermo Ochoa - He's frickin amazing, he's like superman :wub:

Man Utd - back in 98/99 they inspired me to start playing football and i havent looked back since really

Norwich City - All my family are from norwich and it feels right :)

Solihull Moors - My Local team who i love to see do well... which isnt often

Cause im in love with Avram Grant.

bossnass-grant.jpg

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Arsenal - Play the best football in England.
Leyton Orient - Local Team.
West Ham - Local Team. Also loved the way they stayed up by beating United on the last day of the season a few years back (06/07 I think).
Middlesbrough - Was watching Boro-Arsenal game with my mate, and since I'm Turkish he said "You look a well lot like Tuncay" and I said "That's because he's my son" despite only being 12 at the time :L. Ever since I've loved Boro and still do, shame about current form :[

I started supporting Manchester United in '94 aged 7 so unfortunately with the timing I will always be labelled a glory hunter. However, my mum is an avid united fan and I followed suit.

No matter what people say, United are more than just another club to me, they can set the tone for days. When Rooney announced he wanted to leave, I was in shock for the rest of the day, wasn't much else I could concentrate on. When we lost 4-1 to Liverpool 2 seasons ago it was heartbreaking.

One of the best feelings I remember in recent times was when Macheda got that goal to make it 3-2 against Villa. The buzz in the air and the feeling of excitement in the fans standing and singing was simply amazing. The sort of experience you can't put in to words.

When a team can affect the way you feel for good and bad, you can imo put whatever glory tag people want to put on you, behind you and know you are a supporter of the club for the right reasons.

And although it sounds stupid, I'm sure supporting United has given me qualities as a person. Such as not giving up in back against the wall situations and always believing you can pull through it.

Man Utd because the first ever football match i saw on tv was a match where they played and won so since then they have been the team i followed
St Patricks Athletic because they are my local club and my great uncle played for them and my grandfather and uncle follow them

Sporting CP because its the club of the gentlemen here in lisbon, or at least, used to be. Here in Portugal, you're either Sporting, Benfica or Porto. You will only support porto if you're born in Porto or the north, anywhere else, its either sporting or benfica, being the lower class people benfica supporters and the wealthiest and more educated people sporting cp supporters.

Well i didn't watch football till i was like 12 i remember watching replay of Everton vs Manchester United late in the night United were losing 2-0 at HT and Ronaldo came of the bench United won 4-2 i just fell in love :wub:
Now United mean a world to me!!! I'm obsessed :D And Rooney's my fav player,he will be back with a bang ;)

Was that the game where Chelsea ended up drawing with bolton? That day basically won us the league.

Acually becaus of championship manager. I dont remember which game but le tallec turned out awsome. A friend of mine and I used to play the game with Liverpool (he was a Liverpool fan) and since then my heart beats for The Reds!